Appeal of the Russian-speaking community Guild Wars 2

INOY.6945

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

I think the thread Inculpatus is thinking about is the one relating to implementing full Russian language for the game, which also expanded into using external player resource to offer translational modding and wiki... that was no no'ed by ANET for the reasons already stated in this thread early on.. cost and can of worms.

However this thread is actually about the request for Cyrillic, which as some have pointed out is not the same thing as was previously requested...

EDIT - This is one such thread I recall, not sure if its the one @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" was thinking ofhttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/59217/more-localizations-your-thoughts#first

Thank you! Yes, these links to posts a year old and two years ago really talk about localization, and not about the simple introduction of the Cyrillic alphabet into the chat, as asked by the players in the video in this thread. Still, I still do not lose hope of seeing the answer of one of the ArenaNet employees in the subject. Although every day this hope is less and less.Which is somewhat disappointing. Not every day such videos are published. People invested a lot of love and work in its creation, while asking for a very small addition. To ignore such a video is not very polite, in my opinion.It could be limited to a simple answer, such as: - "OK guys, we are glad to see that our game is so loved in the Russian-speaking community, we hear and appreciate your appeal, but ..." - and then a few options: - "... at the moment this is not possible for technical reasons", or - "... at the moment it is unprofitable from the point of view of business", or - "... we are consider your proposal and inform about our decision later", and of course the best option is - "... and yes, we will do it in the future":)Any such short and simple answer. It takes no more than a minute to write it, but the fact of such an answer would tell us that our community is NOT ignored by the company.

@AlexVv.3965 said:

I think the thread Inculpatus is thinking about is the one relating to implementing full Russian language for the game, which also expanded into using external player resource to offer translational modding and wiki... that was no no'ed by ANET for the reasons already stated in this thread early on.. cost and can of worms.

However this thread is actually about the request for Cyrillic, which as some have pointed out is not the same thing as was previously requested...

EDIT - This is one such thread I recall, not sure if its the one @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" was thinking of

Thank you! Yes, these links to posts a year old and two years ago really talk about localization, and not about the simple introduction of the Cyrillic alphabet into the chat, as asked by the players in the video in this thread. Still, I still do not lose hope of seeing the answer of one of the ArenaNet employees in the subject. Although every day this hope is less and less.Which is somewhat disappointing. Not every day such videos are published. People invested a lot of love and work in its creation, while asking for a very small addition. To ignore such a video is not very polite, in my opinion.It could be limited to a simple answer, such as: - "OK guys, we are glad to see that our game is so loved in the Russian-speaking community, we hear and appreciate your appeal, but ..." - and then a few options: - "... at the moment this is not possible for technical reasons", or - "... at the moment it is unprofitable from the point of view of business", or - "... we are consider your proposal and inform about our decision later", and of course the best option is - "... and yes, we will do it in the future":)Any such short and simple answer. It takes no more than a minute to write it, but the fact of such an answer would tell us that our community is NOT ignored by the company.

Untill a day, week or a month later when next player demand an answer to the same question since the answer before is to old.

@Linken.6345 said:

EDIT - This is one such thread I recall, not sure if its the one @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" was thinking of

Untill a day, week or a month later when next player demand an answer to the same question since the answer before is to old.

There will be a day, a week, a month or year - it does not matter, ask our question again. And we will ask until we hear at least one of the answers listed above.

@Linken.6345 said:

Well to be fair, this is not the same question being asked.. I in fact made that same assumption early on, but it has been explained by others, this is not about asking ANET for Russian localization it is about Cyrillic inclusion.

Hello everyone,I have read all posts above — I hope nobody post message while I am typing this one :)

At first, I want to express my point in general.Noone lures people to this game to play in an unknown language. It is a personal choice.I am not going to speak about technical issues and how to solve them — I am not a member of the developing team of this game. But customer support is the main point of any companies.The letters in other languages show us how big our world and how many different cultures there are. If you do not tolerate another culture, you will stay alone, and it is your only choice.

Now we should pay our attention to the current situation in this game.

1. If you care about chat moderation, please, answer me, how is it possible for non-support languages? As Polish or Czech and many other East Europe languages where people use Latin-base letters. And how about transliteration typing?Using more non-Latin letters will not bring any issues, tho.

2. Some people mentioned in-game support. The same stuff as in point before. I wouldn't speak how good it works. That's a completely different story.

3. For people who offer to use third-party software like Discord.Why do you use in-game chat instead of this so excellent software? Just show us a good example by starting using external chats.

4. And finally — I totally like it — how costly to implement non-Latin letters to chat.Come on, guys. You have translated even agreement on payment page many years later game launch.If Russian people brought not enough money for NCSoft, this page would never be translated.Don't tell me you (I meant publisher and developer companies) don't want to make more money.You know that the getting result asks to make efforts.By the way, a lot of people want to volunteer to help with translation.

One more time I want to warn people that the Russian community asks to allow Cyrillic letters in chats not a translation of the game.

P.S.Speaking of moderation.I wonder why local moderators do nothing with messages in this forum like "it is Latin-based game, and we don't want to see non-Latin letters here."No matter it breaks their own rules

@"Sir Shreder.4206" said:P.S.Speaking of moderation.I wonder why local moderators do nothing with messages in this forum like "it is Latin-based game, and we don't want to see non-Latin letters here."No matter it breaks their own rules

I think the wish "I want cyrillic in GW 2 chat" and the wish "I don't want to see cyrillic in GW2 chat" have the equal rights to exist

@"Ulysses.9345" said:I think the wish "I want cyrillic in GW 2 chat" and the wish "I don't want to see cyrillic in GW2 chat" have the equal rights to exist

Ok, I agree. But let's take a look at screenshot once again:azzSJIJ.jpgSo, you already have this right, we don't. Is it fair?

@Ulysses.9345 said:

@"Sir Shreder.4206" said:P.S.Speaking of moderation.I wonder why local moderators do nothing with messages in this forum like "it is Latin-based game, and we don't want to see non-Latin letters here."No matter it breaks their own

I think the wish "I want cyrillic in GW 2 chat" and the wish "I don't want to see cyrillic in GW2 chat" have the equal rights to exist

Sorry, but I didn't quote the phrase. And I don't want to repeat hursh words.If you care about rights and rules, please read this chat thread carefully and rules of using this forum.

@EyeQ.9724 said:

@"Ulysses.9345" said:I think the wish "I want cyrillic in GW 2 chat" and the wish "I don't want to see cyrillic in GW2 chat" have the equal rights to exist

Ok, I agree. But let's take a look at screenshot once again:
azzSJIJ.jpg
So, you already have this right, we don't. Is it fair?

Well, when you bought this game, did someone promise you the opportunity to use the Cyrillic alphabet in the chat or add the Cyrillic alphabet to the chat in the future?If nobody promised you why you bought this game? To demand support Cyrillic?

@Ulysses.9345 said:Well, when you bought this game, did someone promise you the opportunity to use the Cyrillic alphabet in the chat or add the Cyrillic alphabet to the chat in the future?If nobody promised you why you bought this game? To demand support Cyrillic?

Let's split topics: buying the game and willing (not demanding) use mother tongue.

What is wrong to will to speak in mother tongue? Doesn't matter where. And ask an opportunity to do that.

@Sir Shreder.4206 said:

@Ulysses.9345 said:Well, when you bought this game, did someone promise you the opportunity to use the Cyrillic alphabet in the chat or add the Cyrillic alphabet to the chat in the future?If nobody promised you why you bought this game? To demand support Cyrillic?

Let's split topics: buying the game and willing (not demanding) use mother tongue.

What is it wrong to will to speak in mother tongue? Doesn't matter where. And ask an opportunity to do that.If you want speak in your native language and it doesn't matter where, you can speak through discord. This is easy and faster than typing in chat. And not need to ask opportunity.

ИМХО, единственное что хочет Inoy - это популярности и известности в GW2, и плюшки от Arena.net, что видно по его видео. Поэтому он и затеял этот шум.Есть способ общаться на русском быстро и эффективно, но для этого ведь не надо подымать шум. А если не подымать шум, кто про тебя узнает?

@Ulysses.9345 said:

What is it wrong to will to speak in mother tongue? Doesn't matter where. And ask an opportunity to do that.If you want speak in your native language and it doesn't matter where, you can speak through discord. This is easy and faster than typing in chat. And not need to ask opportunity.

ИМХО, единственное что хочет Inoy - это популярности и известности в GW2, и плюшки от Arena.net, что видно по его видео. Поэтому он и затеял этот шум.Есть способ общаться на русском быстро и эффективно, но для этого ведь не надо подымать шум. А если не подымать шум, кто про тебя узнает?

If you are against an exact person just say it them face to face.What to show how bad public person? Give us any proves.No need to shoot out about it.

If you like to use Discord, please, do that and don't bother the rest people to make their requests.

@Sir Shreder.4206 said:

If you are against an exact person just say it them face to face.What to show how bad public person? Give us any proves.No need to shoot out about it.

If you like to use Discord, please, do that and don't bother the rest people to make their requests.

Yes, I am against the fact that the Russian-speaking community was represented by a person who cannot do without obscene language in his videos. Need proofs? Watch his videos.And I said this him.In order to require support for the Russian language, he must first learn how to use this language without obscene language.

@EyeQ.9724 said:

Ok, I agree. But let's take a look at screenshot once again:
azzSJIJ.jpg
So, you already have this right, we don't. Is it fair?

~~
Cant say I see that option in my client tho.~~EditN/M found it in the chat box settings, cant say I ever seen that tick box before.Another question OP if you had a show only cyrillic wouldent the game feel pretty dead?

@"Ulysses.9345" said:Well, when you bought this game, did someone promise you the opportunity to use the Cyrillic alphabet in the chat or add the Cyrillic alphabet to the chat in the future?If nobody promised you why you bought this game? To demand support Cyrillic?

Are you serious, dude? I mean - do you really think in that way? Well, and what if I say:"when you bought this game, did someone promise you the opportunity to use" + expansions/new seasons/new characters/weapons/skins/etc + "or add" + expansions/new seasons/new characters/weapons/skins/etc + "to the game in the future?"Feel the difference...

@EyeQ.9724 said:

@"Ulysses.9345" said:Well, when you bought this game, did someone promise you the opportunity to use the Cyrillic alphabet in the chat or add the Cyrillic alphabet to the chat in the future?If nobody promised you why you bought this game? To demand support Cyrillic?

Are you serious, dude? I mean - do you really think in that way? Well, and what if I say:"when you bought this game, did someone promise you the opportunity to use" + expansions/new seasons/new characters/weapons/skins/etc + "or add" + expansions/new seasons/new characters/weapons/skins/etc + "to the game in the future?"Feel the difference...

Nobody promised me that, and I didn't ask for that.And what is problem?