We should all just go to other profession threads and QQ the QQers favorite classes.

SaferMurderweapon.7143

It worked for Mesmer. Maybe they'll realize how bad these kinds of nerfs are once people start quitting after their mains are basically dead.

It's not like Anet reads these threads anyway so we can basically get away with ****posting anything we want.

Edit: Mirage can die in a fire. Bring back IP for Chrono. Not interested in petty debates over an objectively OP spec that ruins WvW for people. At least it's playable. Chrono isn't.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@Axl.8924 said:Ele is getting improvements to tempest at least.

I dunno about holo though Lincoln as i never played a engi, so i guess my comments will be taken like a grain of salt, but i heard in the past scrapper and core engi were bad.

Hence why I talked specifically holo.Holo nerfs always so tiny compared to what they need.

Shouldn't you be happy holo takes tiny nerfs? i'd wish all classes take mostly tiny nerfs then do playtesting to make sure its enough then do more tiny nerfs that way its done right.(with a scalpel not a chainsaw)

@Axl.8924 said:

I dunno about holo though Lincoln as i never played a engi, so i guess my comments will be taken like a grain of salt, but i heard in the past scrapper and core engi were bad.

Hence why I talked specifically holo.Holo nerfs always so tiny compared to what they need.

Shouldn't you be happy holo takes tiny nerfs? i'd wish all classes take mostly tiny nerfs then do playtesting to make sure its enough then do more tiny nerfs that way its done right.(with a scalpel not a chainsaw)

Yeah if all professions were getting the same tiny nerfs or heavy nerfs it would be fine. But chrono/mirage got 2 years of constant heavy nerfs, entire trait lines got gutted, holo on the other hand... The bias is real.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Yeah if all professions were getting the same tiny nerfs or heavy nerfs it would be fine. But chrono/mirage got 2 years of constant heavy nerfs, entire trait lines got gutted, holo on the other hand... The bias is real.

That's what i mean except tiny nerfs done for everyone when needed instead of huge nerfs.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

That's what i mean except tiny nerfs done for everyone when needed instead of huge nerfs.

18 months of tiny nerfs like last patch and we might see holo being balanced. untill then have fun playing any mesmer against holo that hardcounters your every build without even trying.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Vincenzo.3145 said:It worked for Mesmer. Maybe they'll realize how bad these kinds of nerfs are once people start quitting after their mains are basically dead.

It's not like Anet reads these threads anyway so we can basically get away with ****posting anything we want.

Because mirage is so dead :^)

its not dead per say, just under the competition. and even if it was out of controll, it has builds that can be HARD countered if specced against it.condi mirage in its current form, can be made utterly useless by 1 competent firebrand, tell me a build that can do the same against holo ? or warrior ?but unlike warrior or holo we KEEP GETTING NERFED STILL. when Im dueling warrior on my power mirage, i HAVE to outplay him hard. going even means I lose big time.for every ability warrior lands, i have to land 3-4 to make it even. If i goof big time im goners, if they goof big time they press reset button and here we go again.if the fight goes my way war/holo can disengage, they have superior mobility.asuming you mean condi, there is literarly 0 chase potential. you dont get kills on that build. you are more of a stinging mosquito that shoos people away from node. Untill its squished ofc.funny since on my condi i can do around 500-600k dmg and have 4-5kills. yet on warrior i can dish out 300 and have 15 or 20.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Vincenzo.3145 said:It worked for Mesmer. Maybe they'll realize how bad these kinds of nerfs are once people start quitting after their mains are basically dead.

its not dead per say, just under the competition. and even if it was out of controll, it has builds that can be HARD countered if specced against it.condi mirage in its current form, can be made utterly useless by 1 competent firebrand, tell me a build that can do the same against holo ? or warrior ?but unlike warrior or holo we KEEP GETTING NERFED STILL. when Im dueling warrior on my power mirage, i HAVE to outplay him hard. going even means I lose big time.for every ability warrior lands, i have to land 3-4 to make it even. If i goof big time im goners, if they goof big time they press reset button and here we go again.if the fight goes my way war/holo can disengage, they have superior mobility.asuming you mean condi, there is literarly 0 chase potential. you dont get kills on that build. you are more of a stinging mosquito that shoos people away from node. Untill its squished ofc.funny since on my condi i can do around 500-600k dmg and have 4-5kills. yet on warrior i can dish out 300 and have 15 or 20.

Funny, i play warrior and cant seem to kill mirage, they chain all those dodges and invulns together and as soon as they get low, they just run, stealth and/or blink up a ledge, just to come back again with full hp and spam their condis on me.

And ive met mirages in wvw that i wasnt able to get away from with sword/shield + greatsword and bullscharge, while they can always disengage because they have stealth and all that mobility

@RedShark.9548 said:

Funny, i play warrior and cant seem to kill mirage, they chain all those dodges and invulns together and as soon as they get low, they just run, stealth and/or blink up a ledge, just to come back again with full hp and spam their condis on me.

And ive met mirages in wvw that i wasnt able to get away from with sword/shield + greatsword and bullscharge, while they can always disengage because they have stealth and all that mobility

balance and wvw doesnt exist, simply too much stats + things that are only pvp specific + endurance gain food makes mirage playable.in pvp good war shits on miragei have to go full toughtness rune + amulet to win duels, and if they spec for condiclear as hard as i spec for toughtness they take no damage so I autolose.as long as there is not much of condi in the meta condimesmer is playable, bot as soon as people put some anticondi it instantly becouse garbage.

To answer OP's thread, this kind of pettiness is not something we should promote. I get the appeal, but I think perpetuating this kind of attitude with that kind of action will only make things worse, which is not what we want to achieve with all this crying about mesmer being pretty junky lately.

@"RedShark.9548" said:

To answer our guest warrior's concerns about Mirage - yeah, it's /meh will do/ in PvP and /great?-ish/ in Roaming for WvW. In PvE it's pretty much either okay in open world or in a couple of condition oriented raids, and that's it - most of content simply doesn't really favor conditions, especially the super-situational ones (Torment, Confusion) on which the spec doubles down for whatever reason, as if Mesmer never had confusion or torment available to it.

PvP wise it's even kinda lame to run at this point, as it has no real advantage over anything anymore in any kind of scenario (there are better duelers, there are much better teamfighters, it underperforms at anything else). WvW Roaming's balance purely relies on "slap on more free buffs and stats" arms race, but assuming both parties are on the same page about that (a duel between a roamer Mirage and a roamer Warrior of similar gear investment), Mirage underperforms yet again - but also, it's literally roaming. It'll never be truly balanced for anyone. Statstacking makes anything crazy, that's the point and name of this game.

Mirage is a tragic example of a one-trick pony spec that only really has 5 traits working for anything of real worth out of 9 + 2 minors, with IH being both it's main asset and biggest glaring issue at the same time. It needs buffs and tweaks, but not to what's already sort of working.

~~You roamers already killed our sweet PU, leave us alone, gosh, uweeeh, uweeeh (jk i know it was straight trash) ~~

@"Zawn.9647" said:

It really isn't, especially when compared to current forward-runners. It's exactly a "meh". People really overvalue the "dodge while doing attacks" thing, because surprisingly enough, individually mesmer attacks usually do trickle damage - I'm pretty sure warrior's reckless dodge does more damage and more reliably, and you could always shatter while dodging anyway. IH is only good because it multiplies Ambushes by 4, which makes them actually worthy of being considered a "spec mechanics".

@Zawn.9647 said:lol even after all the nerfs mirage is still a strong spec thanks to its mechanics. imagine if it not been “gutted” like you say? would ti be 5v5 mirage only in pvp? how awesome :)

If it wasn't gutted, you'd still play vs ineptitude shatter mesmer which is way more skilful and less obnoxious than IH spam fiesta. All the nerfs the community suggested and whined about actually led to more toxic condi mesmer incarnations. But yeah, keep it up.

@RedShark.9548 said:

Can i ask you something? what class counters warriors the most exactly? i know they get some boon but it isn't just boon corrupt is it?

@Axl.8924 said:

Can i ask you something? what class counters warriors the most exactly? i know they get some boon but it isn't just boon corrupt is it?

more warriors ;p there is no one class per say, you go anti power as warrior and its possible to die to condi, or you go anti condi so you cant die to it but are weaker to power. as funny as it sounds but when I play preety much the only time you down/kill the warrior is when 3+ people chase them down like animal or when he gets suprise bursted by entire goon squads of several people. warrior has tools to deal with everything else.

@Axl.8924 said:

actually they right way to do it is to have a test server were devs can test whatever they change several times before adding it into the main game, yet this amateurs do blind stupid changes, break everything up and i bet they can't even turn it back because they don't even backup things before making this changes

@Gogdarth.6741 said:To answer OP's thread, this kind of pettiness is not something we should promote. I get the appeal, but I think perpetuating this kind of attitude with that kind of action will only make things worse, which is not what we want to achieve with all this crying about mesmer being pretty junky lately.

@"RedShark.9548" said:

To answer our guest warrior's concerns about Mirage - yeah, it's /meh will do/ in PvP and /great?-ish/ in Roaming for WvW. In PvE it's pretty much either okay in open world or in a couple of condition oriented raids, and that's it - most of content simply doesn't really favor conditions, especially the super-situational ones (Torment, Confusion) on which the spec doubles down for whatever reason, as if Mesmer never had confusion or torment available to it.

PvP wise it's even kinda lame to run at this point, as it has no real advantage over anything anymore in any kind of scenario (there are better duelers, there are
much
better teamfighters, it underperforms at anything else). WvW Roaming's balance purely relies on "slap on more free buffs and stats" arms race, but assuming both parties are on the same page about that (a duel between a roamer Mirage and a roamer Warrior of similar gear investment), Mirage underperforms yet again - but also, it's literally roaming. It'll never be truly balanced for anyone. Statstacking makes anything crazy, that's the point and name of this game.

Mirage is a tragic example of a one-trick pony spec that only really has 5 traits working for anything of real worth out of 9 + 2 minors, with IH being both it's main asset and biggest glaring issue at the same time. It needs buffs and tweaks, but not to what's already sort of working.

~~You roamers already killed our sweet PU, leave us alone, gosh, uweeeh, uweeeh (jk i know it was straight trash) ~~

Mirage can die in a fire. Bring back IP for Chrono. Not interested in petty debates over an objectively OP spec that ruins WvW for people. At least it's playable. Chrono isn't.