Male Chest Armor

Okay, before I get memed out of existence, hear me out.

I was combing through armor skins the other day for my Human male character and through both owned and unowned medium skins and outfits there's basically nothing that looks like a sleeveless shirt, A-shirt, or muscle shirt. The closest match I could find was a Monk's outfit, which even then looks like more of a T-shirt.

Meanwhile, skins for females have many sleeveless options. I'm not sure I'm understanding the underlying design here. Why can females show off all that skin, but males can't even show off some guns?

P.S. Please don't make me raid naked to accomplish the task.

They have gotten a bit better with this since PoF was released, it used to be hard to find even short sleeves. But I definitely think there's still room for improvement and I'd love to see more options for bare arms for male characters.

On my charr thief I settled on the Order of Whispers coat, which has one 1/2 sleeve but leaves more of his fur uncovered than most (I really like the fur pattern and want to be able to see it) but I'd love to have a completely sleeveless option, like the Kodan or Whispers coat on female characters.

You mentioned outfits. Check out the various hoodies. Those are sleeveless. Of course you're also stuck with jodhpurs and riding boots and basically useless dye channels, but you do get two bare arms. For a muscle shirt (with short but tight sleeves) there is the game logo t-shirt one that comes with shorts (Dragon Emblem?), but getting hold of that has been a tricky thing, it's only been during sporadic promotions. And you can't dye it, you will have a white shirt with a red dragon head.

@SpinDashMaster.5680 said:Okay, before I get memed out of existence, hear me out.

I was combing through armor skins the other day for my Human male character and through both owned and unowned medium skins and outfits there's basically nothing that looks like a sleeveless shirt, A-shirt, or muscle shirt. The closest match I could find was a Monk's outfit, which even then looks like more of a T-shirt.

Meanwhile, skins for females have many sleeveless options. I'm not sure I'm understanding the underlying design here. Why can females show off all that skin, but males can't even show off some guns?

I want to be able to go shirtless on my norn ~ without it effecting my gear rating. Hell do away with armor weights, they are the most pointless thing in the game... let us mix and match for transmog purposes.

@Danikat.8537 said:They have gotten a bit better with this since PoF was released, it used to be hard to find even short sleeves. But I definitely think there's still room for improvement and I'd love to see more options for bare arms for male characters.

On my charr thief I settled on the Order of Whispers coat, which has one 1/2 sleeve but leaves more of his fur uncovered than most (I really like the fur pattern and want to be able to see it) but I'd love to have a completely sleeveless option, like the Kodan or Whispers coat on female characters.

Recently gave my main chara the medium Elonian armor and I'm loving it.... but really wishing the unattached sleeves weren't there. Then I could've had him gloveless as well and show off all the Sylvari glowing that I adore. Whispers medium armor was fantastic as I got to see the glowing spine spots and the sleeve blended in with the sylvari skin color but still highly agreeing on no sleeves.

Also seeing this dilemma on my new Charr too. I want to show off her fur patterns but that seems like it's gonna be pretty hard when quite a few of the sleeveless clothing options just don't look good on her either.... :/ Either way, less sleeves please!

• 2 months later...

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@SpinDashMaster.5680 said:Okay, before I get memed out of existence, hear me out.

I was combing through armor skins the other day for my Human male character and through both owned and unowned
medium
skins
and outfits
there's basically nothing that looks like a sleeveless shirt, A-shirt, or muscle shirt. The closest match I could find was a Monk's outfit, which even then looks like more of a T-shirt.

I want to be able to go shirtless on my norn ~ without it effecting my gear rating. Hell do away with armor weights, they are the most pointless thing in the game... let us mix and match for transmog purposes.

This ^^^^^^^^. There are skins from various weights that would be awesome on other weight classes. That would answer many requests on the forums over time. Once upon a time people might have used the appearance of the armor in WvW or PvP but that was in 2013. The class icon provides a quicker answer these days.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

I was combing through armor skins the other day for my Human male character and through both owned and unowned
medium
skins
and outfits
there's basically nothing that looks like a sleeveless shirt, A-shirt, or muscle shirt. The closest match I could find was a Monk's outfit, which even then looks like more of a T-shirt.

This ^^^^^^^^. There are skins from various weights that would be awesome on other weight classes. That would answer many requests on the forums over time. Once upon a time people might have used the appearance of the armor in WvW or PvP but that was in 2013. The class icon provides a quicker answer these days.

Besides with outfits the outline really doesn't affect anything, because you can still wear the basic outline of older gear transmogs. Originally I understood but that moto is dated, let the transmog system become more encompassing and more unique than other games by allowing us to use any armor weight as cosmetics, this not only will help in fashion wars it will help us have tons of customization which is something a TON of the player base thirsts for.

@tiviana: your link is dead.

Also, order of whispers/ vigil's honour seem to be it in terms of armour. There is that romanesque outfit, sunspear i think it is, though it prob shows more leg than arm ^^

Edit: there is the leystone armour, but then you have that clunky heavy look...

@Funky.4861 said:@tiviana: your link is dead.

Also, order of whispers/ vigil's honour seem to be it in terms of armour. There is that romanesque outfit, sunspear i think it is, though it prob shows more leg than arm ^^

I have all those armors you mentioned, Sunspear is it a great outfit (i made a Heman cosplay character with it), they others does show some arm but then for the rest of the part you get a long robe that covers entire your body, or a huge weird looking waist band (leystone one)...

@Hoover.6394 said:

@Funky.4861 said:@tiviana: your link is dead.

I have all those armors you mentioned, Sunspear is it a great outfit (i made a Heman cosplay character with it), they others does show some arm but then for the rest of the part you get a long robe that covers entire your body, or a huge weird looking waist band (leystone one)...

Whispers would be absolutely awesome without those giant knife holding suicide disk (or WTH is that supposed to be) and much shorter. Vigil is fine except the covered neck. And leystone would be it without that stone (which is kinda sad). Forgeman jacket has great sleeves but the rest is horrible.

EDIT: And why can a heavy chest armor be literally made of a few leather straps (yup, scallywag) and there can't be something similar in medium weight?