Theory build: Sharp shooter

Cheshire Rabbid.7430

This build I made is for me as sought of a guide for me on what I want to make my profession to be but first I want to get other guy's thoughts on it. I will be using this for PVE stuff in DPS. I made this build around using the guns that the class can do. I'm looking some adives on if there are skills and a second spec I should go with instead of the ones I selected. So, take a look at my build and tell me what you think.

I feel like acro is unneeded here; you have way too much crit chance even without fury/food which will be a wasted stat and scholar rune would also be better.On top of that, I don't really see the point of running p/p as a swap for a rifle other than filing some gunman fantasy (which is fine if that's what you're looking for btw).

@derd.6413 said:

@Ustaf.2953 said:You didn't show us your build anywhere

are you aware of the concept known as links

Doesn't get highlighted on mobile

• Confused 1

@"sdt.1697" said:This build I made is for me as sought of a guide for me on what I want to make my profession to be but first I want to get other guy's thoughts on it. I will be using this for PVE stuff in DPS. I made this build around using the guns that the class can do. I'm looking some adives on if there are skills and a second spec I should go with instead of the ones I selected. So, take a look at my build and tell me what you think.

You have a lot of crit chance and high crit damage, however poor power and survivability. I can see what you're trying to do here, you build Might stacks with P/P and cantrips then swap to Rifle for finisher. In a party where you have someone in charge of keeping everyone alive, this can work.

However, you kinda overkilled on the precision. What you need is base power. If I were to tweak this, I would swap the Head, Chest, Legs and Amulet pieces to Berserker. This will give you some power without sacrificing too much precision and ferocity. If you add 25 stacks of Might, you get that nice 3k power and 80% crit (100% with fury). The reason you want power is not only to make your crit damage higher, but you also want your skills to scale higher.

I did this very same thing with one of my Thieves, full Assassin gears, but it didn't do that much damage despite of my attacks critting all the time. So I swapped the weapons and trinkets to Berserker and you can see the difference right away. Since ascended gear is really expensive to make, I didn't change the head, chest, and legs, which would have been the best solution. So I only changed the ones I can afford to replace. Since this is just a theory in your part, don't make the same mistake that I did.

@"sdt.1697" said:This build I made is for me as sought of a guide for me on what I want to make my profession to be but first I want to get other guy's thoughts on it. I will be using this for PVE stuff in DPS. I made this build around using the guns that the class can do. I'm looking some adives on if there are skills and a second spec I should go with instead of the ones I selected. So, take a look at my build and tell me what you think.

few things

1. Stun break is needed. the 1 trait stun break isn't enough (i recommen roll for initative)

2. to much precision. not enough power. keep in mind you can easily get a Fury buff. plus flanking crit chance buff. plus traits. so having round 70s crit chance is more than enough if u want. rune of the pack or fireworks can help apply this fury plus some additional. or rifle kneel 2.

3. condi removal. SPECIALLY for PvE. thief lacks stability(f you Anet!) and so between stun breaks and condi removals. your gonna be desperate. that 1 heal is iffy.

i'd highly encourage a marauder/berserker mix

lastly, crit trait grandmaster 3. heal off crits. is INSANELY helpful. as is the venom heal skill (more heal)

It would be more useful, more powerful, for you, for all game modes, to have a berserker gear rather than Assassin. In open world with the signet of ??? (180precision + condicleanse, excellent utility))with your build you'll be at 100% precision.For might, I also play p/p or rifle with your traits and you absolutely don"t need more mights from sigil or runes to stack 20~25 mights.

Try your build in the pvp hub before crafting or equip runes and sigils.

• 4 weeks later...