Ele help please (new player)

noiwk.2760

@rng.1024 said:If the other 4 players are dps and know what they do, sure.

However if only 1 of them is fumbling and you end up with 3 effective dps'ers, some bosses and mechanics can outdamage your healing since you won't be able to kill it fast enough (meaning it will get more mechanics off, you will get hit with more instabilities or you will get overwhelmed by critter mobs since you lack the damage to clear them in time).

Great for organized groups, bad if you plan on using the lfg. It's doable of course, but heavily dependent on the quality and builds of the other 4 in your party unlike a dps build.

Good choice going for marauder btw, the increase in precision makes the damage loss negligible and the extra vitality helps alot against the small subsequent hits ^^

thank you ! yes Marauder is good value for me and it will be first set i craft !but its also important to me to have 1 support char.. and i cant chose which.. i started to wonder maybe also gear my Scourge to keep it as support even after the awful killer patch.. or make 1 more char for support.. or if elementalist can really make decent support maybe get marauder first but then also get support healing gear and with the ability to chance builds and gear coming later this month.. maybe it will be right choice to use ele for both dps and support .. i will really love and apprecaite advice about that !

There used to be a build at HoT release for tempest that was some Marauder and some Crusader pieces for added support.

However I think your best bet is to go marauder first (don't worry, everything ascended will get easier to aquire later) in order to hammer down the mechanics of tempest, even though your allied healing won't be amazing you can still provide cleanses, boons and buffs just as you would on a full support build.

The only difference really is that you and your party can tank less, however you are a vigor machine so they get plenty of dodges and you can always heal your party in a pinch should they have used their own heal too early. Full support gear really isn't needed in PvE, even raids avoid them for faster clears - plus it will be very hard for you to form a group on lfg if you are only support.

i see > @rng.1024 said:

There used to be a build at HoT release for tempest that was some Marauder and some Crusader pieces for added support.

However I think your best bet is to go marauder first (don't worry, everything ascended will get easier to aquire later) in order to hammer down the mechanics of tempest, even though your allied healing won't be amazing you can still provide cleanses, boons and buffs just as you would on a full support build.

The only difference really is that you and your party can tank less, however you are a vigor machine so they get plenty of dodges and you can always heal your party in a pinch should they have used their own heal too early. Full support gear really isn't needed in PvE, even raids avoid them for faster clears - plus it will be very hard for you to form a group on lfg if you are only support.

i see but it still somewhat doest answer my question .. tho it does give me alot of information and stuff to consider...
im going fresh air full Mrauder that i already decided.
but im saying important to me to also make support (second set/char)im not worrying about gearing it now ill gear it later ! but its important to me to have 1 support.
im more like asking how good and vail tempest support is compared to other supports what the support tempest advantages over others..and if i should maybe not make support set for tempest (as second set) and just make second set for support for my Scourge or maybe to even another support and which.thanks alot for all the useful information. will also state that id apprecaite help on maybe guild that you know accepting new but keen players :)

Tempest is decent for support. Whereas Guardian focuses on burst heals and damage denial, Tempest is all about damage reduction, boons, and health regeneration.

It's two very distinct playstyles, meaning as a Tempest you can't jump in and instantly heal everyone from the brink of death as your role is rather to keep everyone up and healthy during the fight. It's more of a proactive support style rather than the reactive style of guardian.

As for viability it is only second to Firebrand at the moment, above Scourge and Scrapper simply because it has more boon uptime, same amount of cleanses, more raw heals and defensive buffs in it's kit. It's an amazing ressbot of you pick the "Arcane Resurrection" trait, and can with certain builds provide minmal amounts of stability partywide, and allow you to empower your party with might and fury so that they can be more effective.

My suggestion though is to make your Scourge a Condition/healing spec and use that for support whenever needed, as that way you lose minimal amounts of damage while retaining the support aspect in form of barriers - Elementalist always was meant to be a hybrid profession meaning investing into both healing and damage will land you in a mediocre spot (low condition variance, heavily precision dependent, low sustained damage and exclusive traitlines for conditions vs support) while you can pretty much go all in on a Scourge sacrificing nothing.

Just remember that a Scourge support is meant to slow down the time it takes for your health to go 100%-0% using barrier and some cleanses, they have very few ways of getting your health back up again.

Anyways having 2 characters or templates is a good idea, as then you can start on your dps and if the going gets rough switch to your healer. In my experience though, 95% of the times you fail without a healer you will fail with a healer because then somebody dies to mechanics they shouldn't anyways and then the remaining 3 take more focus and you have 40% less group damage output.

i see. i thank you for all thaty information .. any build you recommend for support tempest? tho i will be focusing the dps tempest more.. and start as fresh air marauder to get story done.. also.. i need advice about this.. lets say now i got to 80 tempest.. and unlocked tempest. i got some gold so lets say i instantly crafted marauder armor set ( not yet weapon or trinkets ) just the armor.. what should i do now to progress in this game? it feel to me that at lvl 80 you got 0 underrstanding of the game or what to do.. basically left clueless.. some say to keep story and living worlds to get trinkest and weapons and unlock mastery and mounts..some say just fractals and SW farm for gold.. some say do all story living worlds by the order.. and some even tell me to skip living world 2 because it offers nothing much.. and go stright to HoT story and then living world 3 and then PoF and then living world 4 .. so lots of different stuff but i really dont know what to do once i get to 80.. to keep progressing.. as for classes.. since Scourge and ele are both light armor.. and the full support Scourge probably use same items as full support tempest..but Scourge kinda is trash as dps now after patch .. i think that ill keep Scourge for when i need it as support. and use tempest for story and solo stuff as dps.. and the support items i can trnasfer from Scourge to tempest when needed. .thanks alot and looking forward the advice of what to do ill really apprecaite better opinon about living worlds.. and if it worth to do season 2 or skip it. thank you!

@noiwk.2760 said:Weaver can do decent with marauder? or as weaver it is only full zeker? the Marauder zeker seems to be the hardest ever decision in this game :(

Not when you can mix. I play:

• Build: Fire 1-1-1, Earth 3-2-3, Weaver 3-2-1.
  • Armor: Berserker (Runes: Scholar)
  • Weapons: Sword/Dagger: Assassins (Sigils: Bloodlust+Strength)
  • Trinkets: Amulet+Rings+1 Accessory: Marauder, 1 Accessory: Berserker, Backpack: Berserker+Valkyrie, 18 x +5 Power infusions.

It is tanky (e.g., no crit damage while attuned to Earth), while still dealing lots of damage. It beats playing Tempest, too, in my opinion.