Boos & Shoes 2019 Halloween Fashion Contest & Trick or Trivia. Over 6k gold in prizes!

ShaBangBang.9172

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

Citizens of Tyria, stay and listen! Your Mad Queen (that is I, of course) is hosting a contest! Yes, a contest of FASHION! You are all cordially invited to join my skeleton crew here at Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA], to compete alongside us in Boos & Shoes 2019, this year’s Halloween Costume Contest where we’re giving away thousands of gold in prizes!

Aside from avoiding the bodily harm that comes with crossing me, participating in the contest means you could win big! I am but a benevolent Queen and you, as my subjects, deserve only the best, and the best you shall have! Golden prizes, thrones, even the legendary weapon Twilight! I mean it, we’re giving away thousands here people. This contest will be so much better than what that stuffy old hoot Jennah could throw. I bet she doesn’t even like shoes!

And for those of you who aren’t into fashion, while I disagree with your choices, I understand. We’ll be hosting Trick or Trivia in Gendarran Fields as well! Join us October 30th at 8:00pm EST for trivia and games with prizes ranging from dyes to miniatures to skins! Your Queen has something for everyone, after all.

Your Mad Queen,Hellie Ghoulding

Costume Contest

Boos & Shoes begins: October 1st (now!)Ending: October 8th at Midnight ESTWinner Announcement: October 30th at 8pm EST in Gendarran FieldsGoal: To find the most devilishly good looking people of TyriaPrizes: 1st - Twilight || 2nd - Dusk || 3rd - Shrouded Bench of the Final Judge, and more!How to join: https://xunlaiheroes.wixsite.com/xhsa/boosandshoes

[Full details are on our website. I would highly recommend reading through the rules/submission criteria to make sure you don’t get disqualified!]

Who can join: Anyone who plays Guild Wars 2 may join our publicly posted events (except for hosts, admins, coordinators, judges). Guild membership will never be required for participation in a public contest.

Theme: This contest is NOT themed, but no outfits are allowed. Please read the Rules for Ghouls on our website for more details about submission guidelines and rules.

Trick or Trivia

Time: October 30th, 8pm ESTPlace: Gendarran Fields, [NA] serversGoal:To give away tons of prizes and play games and interact with the community!Prizes: Many things! From tonics, to skins, minis, weapons, infusions, to dyes! We'll also be announcing the winners of Boos & Shoes!How to join: Just show up to Gendarran Fields at 8pm! But beware, map could end up full!

If you delightful delinquents have any questions, you may enter my court in Discord at: https://discord.gg/VT9Tj93.

TLDR: Guild Wars 2 Costume contest will be hosted by XHSA. Submissions are October 1st to October 8th. Winners will be announced three weeks later October 30th during the Trick or Trivia contest. Both Costume Contest and Trick or Trivia Contests will contain many prizes. Membership with XHSA is not required, and this contest is not themed (you may wear whatever you like within our rules on the website.)

Check out our post on Reddit!

Praise be the Mad Queen! Finally an event where my incompetence and lack of technical skills won't hold me back. The true endgame is here and what easier way to win a legendary than looking cute... Hope to see the community participate though, not many people do things outside of just farming for gold or playing the TP.

Hailsa! On behalf of TBC id like to say that we will try to attend this event, and we hope you will attend our event the following evening...known as Night of The Necromancers 2019, in LA. Im very proud to see how the community is pulling out all the stops for this joyous season! Also.. Oct 19 is pink day in LA so you've picked a perfect time!

@blackheartgary.8605 said:and we hope you will attend our event the following evening...known as Night of The Necromancers 2019, in LA. Im very proud to see how the community is pulling out all the stops for this joyous season! Also.. Oct 19 is pink day in LA so you've picked a perfect time!

I would love to attend the Halloween event for TBC, but I might have to miss it! That's actually my Anniversary, which is why I didn't plan ours for that day! However I might still be able to make it depending on our plans. Do you have a post somewhere about your event that I could share with my guild/friends?

So, can only NA players join the costume contest or also EU players? Your post said anyone who plays GW2 can join, but the website says that prizes must be collected using the same character and costume as one submitted with, so I assume it is a necessary requirement to actually meet someone ingame? Or does your guild have representatives on EU servers as well who would meet with a possible EU winner ingame?

@Sapphirine.1023 said:So, can only NA players join the costume contest or also EU players? Your post said anyone who plays GW2 can join, but the website says that prizes must be collected using the same character and costume as one submitted with, so I assume it is a necessary requirement to actually meet someone ingame? Or does your guild have representatives on EU servers as well who would meet with a possible EU winner ingame?

Great question! I have an alt account on EU that I will use to meet players who are on EU servers. ANYONE can join for the costume contest portion!

Only the Trick or Trivia portion is NA exclusive.

All right, thank you. I've submitted my costume then. :)If an EU participant does win, it is hopefully not required to claim the prize during your event? Since that will be 3AM or something here (time zones are confusing). I assume you'd just contact them via ingame mail then to find a time that works for both of you?Will the winners also be announced here on the forums, for people who can't join your event with the announcement? I'm really curious what kinds of costumes have been submitted.

@Sapphirine.1023 said:All right, thank you. I've submitted my costume then. :)Yes I got it! Super cute. <3

If an EU participant does win, it is hopefully not required to claim the prize during your event? Since that will be 3AM or something here (time zones are confusing). I assume you'd just contact them via ingame mail then to find a time that works for both of you?Correct. I will contact them, and I have a character on EU side to meet up with them whenever they are free.

Will the winners also be announced here on the forums, for people who can't join your event with the announcement? I'm really curious what kinds of costumes have been submitted.We will announce here, Reddit (r/guildwars2 and r/guildwarsdyejob), in game, and on our website where we will have a winner page/gallery posted for everyone.