Braziers of Koda STILL bugged!

@Drecien.4508 said:Everyone said I was wrong when I said this was new. I knew little things get changed and others don't notice.

If only this was little! :s =) Parts of the effects area are obviously offset and aren't supposed to look that way:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:If you compare it to how they used to look ...

at 47:39 it becomes clear what happened.

This. I hope they will fix them to how they used to look. You could see the brazier clearly and the fire effects looked normal - the effects weren't blinding you, now they are drilling straight into your brain and causing a headache when you look at them.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Drecien.4508 said:Everyone said I was wrong when I said this was new. I knew little things get changed and others don't notice.

If only this was little! :s =) Parts of the effects area are obviously offset and aren't supposed to look that way:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:If you compare it to how they used to look ...
at 47:39 it becomes clear what happened.

This. I hope they will fix them to how they used to look. You could see the brazier clearly and the fire effects looked normal - the effects weren't blinding you, now they are drilling straight into your brain and causing a headache when you look at them.

It's pretty piercing for sure. I've sent in bug reports and screenshots, so hopefully.....

• 5 weeks later...

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:Still hasn't been addressed to date. :/ I wonder if it's even on their to-do list?

Sadly it is prob an intentional change, despite looking horrific

As mentioned above they don't even serve their purpose of showing the range of the torches' protection anymore. What would be the reason for the change? Both form and function are worse.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:Still hasn't been addressed to date. :/ I wonder if it's even on their to-do list?

Sadly it is prob an intentional change, despite looking horrific

As mentioned above they don't even serve their purpose of showing the range of the torches' protection anymore. What would be the reason for the change? Both form and function are worse.

I didnt realize how bad it was until i went there on my newer computed. Jesus...

• 5 months later...

@lokh.2695 said:One can argue about the prettyness of the reworked design. I kinda like it ;)

I was still very happy to see that change because it showed ma that someone had looked into the map, made a decision and coded some change into the world of tyria. I just assumed that once a LS map was released, it would never be looked at again, unless there's something gamebreaking of course, and the design rework in bitterfrost suprised me in a positive way, regardeless if I liked the new design or not.Well, to see the redesign gave me a glimpse of hope that Kourna might get a rework. I know, adding a particle effect to a buff is far from the amount of work a Kourna reimagining would take and I know Anet well enough to not actually expect it to happen.

Not for certain someone went this map and changed it can also be a general rework of code who had side effects on the flames.

Happen before so those kind of braziers could also be a sign that nobody looked

@Randulf.7614 said:They won’t move it to the bug forum so I guess they don’t consider it a bug and working as designed

Indeed. How sad.

@Balsa.3951 said:Not for certain someone went this map and changed it can also be a general rework of code who had side effects on the flames.

It must be. That cannot be intended. The braziers looked so pretty before. Now they look completely flawed and ridiculous. You can barely see them per se as the flawed fire ring covers the whole design.

Happen before so those kind of braziers could also be a sign that nobody looked

Obviously none of the devs looked, or looked and considered it a hassle not worth their time. :/

• 6 months later...