Are ANET devs going to Fix chrono ?

Hiraga Taichiru.1580

@Vincenzo.3145 said:

@"Curunen.8729" said:CSplit cooldown is too kitten high at 105s. Absolute joke. Somehow they forgot to adjust the cooldown when "merging" it with Distortion? xD

Loss of IP is severe handicap for many reasons and there needs to be some additional change with clones to scaffold this or simply revert.Are ANET devs going to Fix chrono ?

Probably not. Guess they got tired of bullying Necro. I've already found something else to play that lets me do what Chrono did. And it's not in GW2...

Well I mean Lost Time theoretically does address that one cannot dry shatter for alacrity anymore. So I think they are aware of the issue at least.

Dry shattering for alacrity or quickness literally does nothing but allow you to gather faster. That's it. The only time I could see this being an issue is maaaayyyybe potential burst combos in PvP, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutt wasting that many cooldowns (which are saved for burst combos with clones ANYWAY) for a couple of seconds of boontime is actually a waste especially considering that other classes can basically go drowning in quickness and alacrity where as Chrono requires you to stand in a kitten well or SoI which is perfectly viable, legitimate, and balanced considering it's a utility cooldown, something which many classes have, and something other classes can use to get more quickness/alacrity than Chrono's could dream of.

All in all, if there are ANY detriments to Chrono dry shattering for boons, it is moot given the SoI nerf that used to let us copy boons which is what ORIGINALLY made dry shattering overpowered and yet is no longer a thing.

The only useful abilities for actually dry shattering are Distortion and Continuum Split. And if you're using those, you're not using em for the boons. The whole boon thing for 1 second is pretty moot and GREATLY exaggerated by other players. And even if it wasn't moot and you're wasting F1 and F2 for boons, you're STILL using a profession skill. Something ALL classes have. They need to be this way otherwise it's just a tickling skill for support specs.

I meant they are aware we don't have IP anymore and are attempting to fix it. Not that dry shattering was OP. I mean why make Seize the Moment aoe otherwise. It exists because of the current limitations.

Source please? I need to know for certain if this is true. If it is, I might just actually come back to this game. I can live without Distort as I can just pop a signet. Just let me dry shatter.

By fix it I don't mean IP is coming back. The Seize the Moment and Lost Time changes are like the opposite of what you would do if you intended to allow dry shattering again.

I don't think it is ever returning. They could have just returned it in place of the new Lost Time. But they didn't.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Levetty.1279 said:Traits like Bountiful Disillusionment and Restorative Illusions were what was supposed to make up for us having to trait for IP in the first place and it didn't work. Why do they insist on constantly forgetting lessons they have learned?

I'm willing to bet that either (or both) the devs that pushed for IP no longer work at Anet anymore and someone that wants it their way is getting what they want, or community feedback isn't being properly relayed or is being cherry picked to the balance team.

Anet deliberately wrecked Chrono with nerfs. Those of us that mained Chrono are still baffled as to why they made the class practically useless especially in PvP. A lot of people playing other classes were complaining about Mirage, and then for no discernible reason they just wrecked what was left of Chrono which was already nerfed several times before to the point where I and the majority of people maining Chrono in PvP had already and reluctantly swapped to Mirage. The last big changes (changing the F-skills) were imposed after the Chrono population was already very low. I've still not heard any good reason why they did this. It was actually illogical and cemented my mind that the current class developers are either fresh out of college or truly have no clue what they are doing. Barring that there is a pattern: introduce powerful specs then before introducing new elite spec with a new expansion you degrade the old ones to presumably to increase sells of the new expansion. Even Mirage is pretty now mediocre compared to some other class elites now.

Well there was the meme one shot builds and despite the fact they were not very good. That sort of stuff has no place in a competitive mmo and is just bad for the game in general. No one wants to be learning the game and get blown up from stealth without a chance to do anything.

But those one shot builds were mostly nerfed, as to why they redid Chrono? This sounds like a classic case of Product Owner putting down an epic as 'redesign Chronomancer' and getting his scrum team busy to hit KPI's. I would have loved to see the user story on the excel sheet, 'I want to log into PvP and be 100% worthless'. The sprint retrospective be like, 'fucking cross that one of the list boiz, DoD, KPI's here we come'.

Three months and still nothing. They haven't even acknowledged the feedback from these changes. Personally, I've barely touched this game in that time and have already given up. I tried playing Chrono and not having Distort while being forced to have a clone for CS is really killing the spec for me. Chrono is honestly the only thing I like about the only class I actually enjoy in this game.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:They aren't responding to negative feedback because that is what they're expecting. All of our complaints had already been accounted for when they decided to make this change.

Might as well be trying to upset the community deliberately which is unlike them. They just do stupid things from time to time and used to actually listen to REAL feedback. Now Anet honestly just feels like another Bungie when it comes to game balance.

@"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:They aren't responding to negative feedback because that is what they're expecting. All of our complaints had already been accounted for when they decided to make this change.

Might as well be trying to upset the community deliberately which is unlike them. They just do stupid things from time to time and used to actually listen to REAL feedback. Now Anet honestly just feels like another Bungie when it comes to game balance and are undoing a lot of good work and progress made by good devs who probably aren't there anymore. "So and so doesn't work here anymore! We can get away with X!"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...