[ WvG ] - World vs Globes - road map to - [ Reboot WvW ]

Diku.2546

@"Diku.2546" said:

Link To This Post

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes

To the WvW Community:

Would you support to keep this thread visible & actively updated?

Please offer feedback & don't forget to +1

Yours truly,Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

Please give credit & reward to author if this idea is ever used.

TOPIC POST RELEASE SCHEDULE

TBA = To Be Announced

2019.10.05 - REBOOT WvW - Remove World Linking & Implement Changes to WvW

2019.10.12 - REDESIGN WvW - Re-Purpose Server Guesting for WvG & encourage Healthy Competitive Match-Ups

TBA - NEW GAME MODE & VISION - Create a New Game Mode & Establish a better Vision with World vs GlobesTBA - WvG FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about WvGTBA - LIBRARY - Historic web links related to WvGTBA - SUB-TOPICS - Sub-Topic discussion web links related to WvGTBA - BLANK RESERVEDTBA - WvG OVERVIEW - Welcome to World vs GlobesTBA - WvG TOURNAMENTS - Annual & MonthlyTBA - DESIGN A-ETBA - DESIGN F-HTBA - DESIGN ITBA - DESIGN J-KTBA - DESIGN L-PTBA - DESIGN Q-UTBA - DESIGN V-ZTBA - BLANK RESERVEDTBA - GAME-DYNAMICS-REVENUETBA - BLANK RESERVEDTBA - BLANK RESERVEDTBA - BLANK RESERVED

What “credit & reward” do you want the devs to give you?

All I could read in that was shut down current wvw, reboot servers, re-instate home servers, fix stuff...

YES, I agree with all that. Alliances are toast....I like this idea better. Alliances now have a stigma to them due to the inept people working at ANET. This is fresh and clean.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:but what is a globe

Alliances

It's Not Alliances - Let me explain this before folks get the wrong idea.

World = Your Home Server is allowed to own a Single Unit of Multiple Maps.Globes = Enemy Home Worlds

World vs Globes

Viewed from your Home Server the other Enemy Servers can be viewed as Globes that on the inside contain Multiple Maps.

You get to weekly pick different Globes to fight against...using a Server Guesting mechanic that's been Re-Purposed for WvW...while you struggle to defend your Home Server's Maps against attacks of Enemy players that decided to pick your Home Server to fight.

I'll be explaining this more in detail in a later Major Topic Posting.

Yours truly,Diku

@Diku.2546 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:but what is a globe

Alliances

It's Not Alliances - Let me explain this before folks get the wrong idea.

World = Your Home Server is allowed to own a Single Unit of Multiple Maps.Globes = Enemy Home Worlds

World vs Globes

Viewed from your Home Server the other Enemy Servers can be viewed as Globes that on the inside contain Multiple Maps.

You get to weekly pick different Globes to fight against...using a Server Guesting mechanic that's been Re-Purposed for WvW...while you struggle to defend your Home Server's Maps against attacks of Enemy players that decided to pick your Home Server to fight.

I'll be explaining this more in detail in a later Major Topic Posting.

Yours truly,Diku

Sounds like alliances with extra steps.

• Like 1

@"Sigmoid.7082" said:Sounds like alliances with extra steps.

It's not extra steps...It's a completely different Match-Up Model.

AlliancesANet creates New World Servers at the start of a "Season" from a Pool of Guilds & Use existing Fixed 3-Way Match-Up Mechanics.

World vs GlobesPlayers use a Server Guesting Mechanic to weekly Pick an Enemy Server to "Visit" & Attack as they Create their own Match-Up.

Yours truly,Diku

@Diku.2546 said:

@"Sigmoid.7082" said:Sounds like alliances with extra steps.

It's not extra steps...It's a completely different Match-Up Model.

Alliances
ANet creates New World Servers at the start of a "Season" from a Pool of Guilds & Use existing Fixed 3-Way Match-Up Mechanics.

World vs Globes
Players use a Server Guesting Mechanic to weekly Pick an Enemy Server to "Visit" & Attack as they Create their own Match-Up.

Yours truly,Diku

Hummm I can imagine a lot of players choosing the most emptybserver to blob... or I’m understand it wrong.

@Offair.2563 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:That's one way to make a thread seem way more active than it actually is.

Give him some credits.

I know right?

I once knew a guy who dug a huge game hole in his backyard. It was easily 13-15’ deep, and minimally 20’ x 35’ in dimensions. It was impressive. He likely removed multiple tons of dirt.

In the end, he had... a hole. I could give him credit for that.

@"Aeolus.3615" said:Snip 8<Hummm I can imagine a lot of players choosing the most emptybserver to blob... or I’m understand it wrong.

You're understanding it wrong. The below is a single line from a "Topic Post" that is scheduled to be posted this Saturday on Oct 12th.

REDESIGN WvW - Re-Purpose Server Guesting for WvG & encourage Healthy Competitionhttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1064948/#Comment_1064948

Edit - 5. Players Earn Rewards ONLY when they raid "globes" that are "Ranked Higher or Equal to" their Home Server

Yours truly,Diku

@Diku.2546 said:

@"Aeolus.3615" said:Snip 8<Hummm I can imagine a lot of players choosing the most emptybserver to blob... or I’m understand it wrong.

You're understanding it wrong. The below is a single line from a "Topic Post" that is scheduled to be posted this Saturday on Oct 12th.

REDESIGN WvW - Re-Purpose Server Guesting for WvG & encourage Healthy Competition

7. ONLY reward players when they fight against an Enemy Globe that is "Equal or Higher" Ranked than their Home Server

Yours truly,Diku

reading this gave spiderman a heart attack

MAJOR TOPIC

2 - REDESIGN WvW - Re-Purpose Server Guesting for WvG & encourage Healthy Competition

2019.10.12 - ORIGINAL-POST

Player Driven, but Anet Controlled Match-Ups help to encourage Healthy Competition5 Simple Steps To Redesigning WvW

1. Remove the current match-up system, but keep a system for Server Score & Rank
  2. Assign each Server a "globe" to Defend - (Single unit of 4 maps owned by the same server)
  3. Let players pick any (2) "globes" to weekly raid using a Re-Purposed
  4. During the Match-Up players are shown the top (3) highest scoring enemies raiding their Home Server's globe in a random order
  5. Players Earn Rewards ONLY when they raid "globes" that are "Ranked Higher or Equal to" their Home Server

Take Steps to Redesign WvW Into WvG

1. Put current WvW game mode into Maintenance - No Changes Allowed
  2. Re-Focus Development Team's Direction - See [ New Game Mode & Vision ]
  3. Create a Parallel WvG game mode
  4. Develop WvG to replace WvW in the steps outlined below
  5. Long-term goal is to preserve ALL Server Team Identities & Communities
  6. Initially Create 5 Servers for this New WvG game mode to Test & Develop "Proof of Concept"
  7. Remove ALL Design Mechanics from the 4 Base maps that WvW uses & Re-Purpose them for WvG
  8. Next, Layer back Design Mechanics as needed for these New WvG maps - See [ WvG Overview ]
  9. Later Create More WvG Servers to replace ALL existing servers after Confirming "Proof of Concept"
  10. New WvG game mode is "slowly" beta tested during "weekend events" where WvW is turned off
  11. New WvG game mode eventually swapped in to replace Old WvW
  12. Old WvW is then allowed to gracefully fade away

Being Ranked #1 needs to be earned & will come at a cost with this New Match-Up Design

@"Diku.2546" said:

MAJOR TOPIC

2 - REDESIGN WvW - Re-Purpose Server Guesting for WvG & encourage Healthy Competition

2019.10.12 - ORIGINAL-POST

Player Driven, but Anet Controlled Match-Ups help to encourage Healthy Competition5 Simple Steps To Redesigning WvW

1. Remove the current match-up system, but keep a system for Server Score & Rank
  2. Assign each Server a "globe" to Defend - (Single unit of 4 maps owned by the same server)
  3. Let players pick any (2) "globes" to weekly raid using a Re-Purposed
  4. During the Match-Up players are shown the top (3) highest scoring enemies raiding their Home Server's globe in a random order
  5. Players Earn Rewards ONLY when they raid "globes" that are "Ranked Higher or Equal to" their Home Server

Take Steps to Redesign WvW Into WvG

1. Put current WvW game mode into Maintenance - No Changes Allowed
  2. Re-Focus Development Team's Direction - See [ New Game Mode & Vision ]
  3. Create a Parallel WvG game mode
  4. Develop WvG to replace WvW in the steps outlined below
  5. Long-term goal is to preserve ALL Server Team Identities & Communities
  6. Initially Create 5 Servers for this New WvG game mode to Test & Develop "Proof of Concept"
  7. Remove ALL Design Mechanics from the 4 Base maps that WvW uses & Re-Purpose them for WvG
  8. Next, Layer back Design Mechanics as needed for these New WvG maps - See [ WvG Overview ]
  9. Later Create More WvG Servers to replace ALL existing servers after Confirming "Proof of Concept"
  10. New WvG game mode is "slowly" beta tested during "weekend events" where WvW is turned off
  11. New WvG game mode eventually swapped in to replace Old WvW
  12. Old WvW is then allowed to gracefully fade away

Being Ranked #1 needs to be earned & will come at a cost with this New Match-Up Design

Looks like that would be a far worse population balance mess, nightmare actually, and a huge waste of resources that could go into improving wvw.

And how does this new “wvg” RvR mode even compete against a game like Camelot Unchained?

See - REBOOT WvW - Remove World Linking & Implement Changes to WvW

Calculate an Average Server Rank based on a moving 12 month periodPlayers on Servers Ranked below 3 have their Server Transfer LockedPlayers on Servers that can transfer find it costs Gems & World Ability Points

Top Ranked Servers are CLOSED to Population Transfers - ALL Lower Ranked Servers are allowed and may OPEN

See - REDESIGN WvW - Re-Purpose Server Guesting for WvG & encourage Healthy Competition

Players get to weekly pick ANY (2) Servers to raidPlayers earn rewards ONLY when they raid Severs that are Higher or Equal Rank to their Home

Top Ranked Servers are open to attack from ALL Servers below & it's Encouraged to attack Higher or Equal Targets

TRANSLATION OF THE ABOVE

Yes, it's impossible to Balance Population.

Don't even bother trying to Balance Population.

However, we CAN use the natural Population In-Balance in a positive way...

Make the often Over stacked Server that's #1 Ranked WvW Server to be the Target of everybody else that's ranked below them.

Cut off their Population Transfer & Only Reward players when they attack higher or equal targets.

Did you not see the bottom of the Post for REDESIGN WvW - Re-Purpose Server Guesting for WvG & encourage Healthy Competition?

[ Being Ranked #1 needs to be earned & will come at a cost with this New Match-Up Design ]

We only see what we want to see...so let's just continue to agree to disagree.

Yours truly,Diku