More Character customizable features

Hoover.6394

I love the character creation part of the game, GW2 has the best character models in my opinion, i really want to see more functions coming to that part.

• New models for non-human races: Human has a lot of great models available but the other races has very limited choice, it's time to add more for them.
  • More Customizable features: a lot of other games provide this, make your characters arm size etc, we have some of those now but only for face model, should be great to have more for body and hair.
  • I really love the background change during the character creation in FF, would be great to have this feature in GW2 too.

@kharmin.7683 said:More long hair styles for females (well, I suppose males, too?) that don't comb over or have half of the head shaved.

Or cover an eye.

@Hoover.6394 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Body sliders isn't something we'll be getting. However I would like more cosmetic attachment points. I'm sick of not being able to wear hats and glasses.

but why not, if other game can do it :P

Anet has mentioned before that the slider thing would make things much harder on them, due to the way they designed their armor system.

I really wish we could get a voice slider though. I dislike how so many of my toons sound like the same person.

@videoboy.4162 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:More long hair styles for females (well, I suppose males, too?) that don't comb over or have half of the head shaved.

Or cover an eye.

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:Body sliders isn't something we'll be getting. However I would like more cosmetic attachment points. I'm sick of not being able to wear hats and glasses.

Anet has mentioned before that the slider thing would make things much harder on them, due to the way they designed their armor system.

I really wish we could get a voice slider though. I dislike how so many of my toons sound like the same person.

Seems like anet doesn't want to do any changes that take more than a few days to do. Even though other companies exist entirely based on charging for cosmetic upgrades, hair styles, etc. It's a literal gold mine that anet avoids because it's "too hard".

Why not put a week into making new hair styles. Add 5 new styles and probably a quarter your payer base (not player) would be buying or using style kits to get those styles. Repeat this every month or so.

@circuitnerd.5863 said:

@Dante.1763 said:I mean i want the new faces and stuff the added for Charr in the last update..

That would be nice too. It's honestly been forever since we've been given customization stuff. Last time was human only hair and face back when POF released.It was actually LS4-2, which gave charr new horns, a new face, and made the existing horns unisex, for the record.

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

@Dante.1763 said:I mean i want the new faces and stuff the added for Charr in the last update..

That would be nice too. It's honestly been forever since we've been given customization stuff. Last time was human only hair and face back when POF released.It was actually LS4-2, which gave charr new horns, a new face, and made the existing horns unisex, for the record.

Charr need better (more slender, like Bangars) looking faces - especially male charr. More, less goofy and oversized, hairstyles... And more horns, I'd like antler-like ones...

Changing body features like arm length etc will probably not be doable on this engine. I suppose armor sets cannot grow and shrink that way depending with your character's features - that's why we have set sets of body types for each race, and even those tend to be bugged when you don't use the default. :/

I'd be content with more facial options (why can't I adjust a human male's cheekbones??) and stuff like scars, tattoos, new haircuts and what not. There are plenty of things this engine can do.

@videoboy.4162 said:

Or cover an eye.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Body sliders isn't something we'll be getting. However I would like more cosmetic attachment points. I'm sick of not being able to wear hats and glasses.

Yeah I know it’s an old system, but they same thing apply to mount, they said it impossible because the way they build the character but now they worked on it and the result is amazing.

@Hoover.6394 said:

Or cover an eye.

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:Body sliders isn't something we'll be getting. However I would like more cosmetic attachment points. I'm sick of not being able to wear hats and glasses.

Yeah I know it’s an old system, but they same thing apply to mount, they said it impossible because the way they build the character but now they worked on it and the result is amazing.

to be fair mounts are still one model. The "Mount" and "Dismount" action is just an animation that plays before the models merge(which was the major issue they encountered). They did a good job of making their system work for them though ill give them that.

Charr can choose to be a flame legion charr with glowing horns, eyes, mouths and claws. They can also choose to stand straight and fore-fit their running on all fours IF THEY DESIRE. More fur, more horns and better hair/faces for the charr.

Norn should be able to choose if they are in beast form all the time, or base form and should have longer hairs and beards along with more tattoos. In choosing beast form they can run on all fours and still wear armor/use weapons (Just like in the lore and guild wars 1.)

Asuran should have robotic limbs to add on, from injuries during their experiments.

Humans should have the markings of their gods, maybe glowing eyes depending on choice and specific customization based on their god of choice

Sylvari should be able to choose a liberated mordrem as an appearance to make them more monstrous.