What you excited about for Halloween event?

Valgar.9576

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Gw1 started repeating the same festivals every year with no new content, people were sad yet understood that GW1 was coming to the end of its popularity as people moved games and looked towards GW2.

Apparently ANet now think that repeating the same things over again every year, despite the game being "alive", just for some AP or skins that it's impossible to grind out in a year (hype for 50/1000 AP amirite) is absolutely fine. Or maybe they don't and GW2 is coming to an end too.

I'm most excited for fewer and fewer people engaging in halloween so that hopefully devs realise that they can't leave a game on autopilot and expect it to do well. Festivals are meant to be exciting and engaging, not mindnumbing.

@"Meteor.3720" said:When Gw1 started repeating the same festivals every year with no new content, people were sad yet understood that GW1 was coming to the end of its popularity as people moved games and looked towards GW2.

Apparently ANet now think that repeating the same things over again every year, despite the game being "alive", just for some AP or skins that it's impossible to grind out in a year (hype for 50/1000 AP amirite) is absolutely fine. Or maybe they don't and GW2 is coming to an end too.

I'm most excited for fewer and fewer people engaging in halloween so that hopefully devs realise that they can't leave a game on autopilot and expect it to do well. Festivals are meant to be exciting and engaging, not mindnumbing.

This^. Exciting? Maybe only to new players. Same old boring stuff every year for the rest of us. Anyway, the atmosphere is not liked before due to shrinking player base.

I'm looking forward to the atmosphere and keep my fingers crossed for new content.

@Dante.1508 said:Being Australian Halloween isn't celebrated here.. Although the shops would like it to be lol..

:lol: Same here, only that the shops have won and youngsters are celebrating it now. Such nonsense, since we have our own season of putting on costumes and having fun. Oh well, capitalism prevailed once more. ;)

Getting AP, the anual reward mini or whatever it is. Unlocking some of the new skins. (I really like The Cure, very happy to have it). Ah and finishing the tower for the 6th time. And well run in circle, triangle, star or any other shapes in the lab.

Suggestion for Anet: Lunatic Inquisition Hard Mode:-Very dense dark fog-In addition of steve, lich and candy lieutenant are running around.-2 times longer, 2x more rewards.-New events popping: swarm of angry ghosts, skeleton raids, seeker hunting hiding players....

@"Meteor.3720" said:When Gw1 started repeating the same festivals every year with no new content, people were sad yet understood that GW1 was coming to the end of its popularity as people moved games and looked towards GW2.

Uhhhhm, have you seen WoW's events? People are still putting out fires every Halloween in the little towns since 2005. Maybe you should just avoid the game when there's a seasonal event going on be for your own health?

I enjoy the festival overall, and short stints in the Lab. I know I'll have fun, and I'm keen to see anything new they introduce. I don't know if without Gaile around there will be devs roaming LA to turn masses of players into things , still I'm happy to do that silliness if it happens. But excited the most? Honestly, it's reaping a pile of AP. With my dailies capped and all the low hanging fruit in PvE gathered, my march towards the Radiant backpiece is pretty slow right now. So I'm looking forward to getting some easy AP again.

It's really hard to be excited when I know that most Festivals have only had re skins and the resuscitation of one particular Halloween event. Which, by the way, is not considered new content.

I guess I enjoy the ability to get new skins every year but I'm so past the point where Cosmetics matter right now. I remember when Prince Thorns story was added to Halloween and I was very happy to see that. However, I was disappointed to see that it would take from September 18th last year until January 8th this year before another episode of the living story would be released. It was just a four-month hiatus but they could use to do some story work while they just flipped on festivals and then flipped them off when they needed.

To make matters worse, nothing new happened at all with Halloween or Wintersday. I literally cannot fathom how they make so much money and don't have the ability to produce new content for festivals.

@FrigginPaco.4178 said:It's really hard to be excited when I know that most Festivals have only had re skins and the resuscitation of one particular Halloween event. Which, by the way, is not considered new content.

I guess I enjoy the ability to get new skins every year but I'm so past the point where Cosmetics matter right now. I remember when Prince Thorns story was added to Halloween and I was very happy to see that. However, I was disappointed to see that it would take from September 18th last year until January 8th this year before another episode of the living story would be released. It was just a four-month hiatus but they could use to do some story work while they just flipped on festivals and then flipped them off when they needed.

To make matters worse, nothing new happened at all with Halloween or Wintersday. I literally cannot fathom how they make so much money and don't have the ability to produce new content for festivals.

Well the festival content team was like 3-4 people so no wonder they couldent do much the stuff they did with so few people were awesome.

Dident we get the new book scavanger hunr last year?

@Linken.6345 said:

@FrigginPaco.4178 said:It's really hard to be excited when I know that most Festivals have only had re skins and the resuscitation of one particular Halloween event. Which, by the way, is not considered new content.

Well the festival content team was like 3-4 people so no wonder they couldent do much the stuff they did with so few people were awesome.

Dident we get the new book scavanger hunr last year?

That's not appealing to me unfortunately. Like I mentioned in my post, I just see the modern festivals as on/off switch content that hasn't been updated since 2015.