Why we don't have emote for kiss or hug?

Ezzi.3670

@"joneirikb.7506" said:The only outcome I can see from this is more reports for "sexual harasment". :-/ And I'd probably avoid cities even more than I already do.

I mean, FF14 ended up removing the /sleep emote because people where ERPing with it. Lets face it, the only ways humans don't insult each others is if they don't interact, and it feels like MMO's are definitively aiming for that part.

That's not true; The /doze emote has contextual interaction with the environment. Use it while standing up and your character will rock back and forth a bit as if they are drifting off, then snap back awake before falling over completely. Use /doze while on top of a bed and you will appear to lie down. From there you can /changepose to do different idle sleeping animations.

And, of course, if you're feeling naughty you can orient two characters to clip on top of each other for an hour and a half until it kind of looks like they might be doing something horrifically romantic in front of God and all else.

@JeffJeth.9518 said:There's a hug emote in FFXIV. I've seen people use it to harass each other in ways I found personally distasteful.

You know that would happen here, people being much the same everywhere.

I vote No.

You could harass anyone with any emote in the game. My friends will follow me around with the /poke emote when they are being obnoxious. I can't imagine the level of special snowflake you'd have to be to be seriously bothered by this, but I suppose it's an issue for some people.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Shaogin.2679 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:No thanks. This would be one of the last things I want to see in game. If implemented, then people would again start calling for a marriage system with boons or perks which, IMO, wouldn't benefit the game.

How did you go from someone asking for an emote, to people wanting a marriage system with boons and perks? The game can use more emotes, so I’m all for it.

I've been around here for a while. I am making a prediction based on observation.

But I have been wrong before. Still, I wouldn't want the proposed suggestion added.

I've been here longer, ignore this guy. More emotes is a good thing!

No.Emotes are not a 'good' thing.

Why?

Well let me put it in most simple way,so you can understand it.

Useless.

If you want to use emotes with your friends,you could as well do _/wave,kiss,lick,train, or whatever the f you want to use it for.

It benefits game in NO WAY,except some people who want them for things god knows why.If they were added with the game release,it would be ok.But asking personal change,that benefits your desire,big no no buddy boy big no no.

You would need both characters acceptable to the action or my new elite profession of Lawyer from the law firm of Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe. will sue you for "assault."And if the act involved actually touching the Plaintiff they'll add on "battery" as well.

This would be proved by only one of the characters using the emoji, meaning the Plaintiff was not wanting the attention at that time.Because the Plaintiff was an unwilling participant, the Defendant knowingly acted against the goodwill of the Plaintiff.

Turning the How to Dance novelty into emotes was a step in the right direction and I'd be happy to pay for emote bundles - optional features that don't impinge on how the game is played is always better for monetisation in my opinion.

I'd like to see a blow kiss emote and also the human female stretch being reintroduced as an emote.