Middle too quiet compared to sides.

Jeremy.6127

From what I understand, this seems to be related to surround sound. I can hear things louder in one ear than the other to show where it is. The problem is that when the sound's source is perfectly centre, the sounds becomes extremely quiet in both ears making it hard to hear. I feel like there might be some easy fix that I'm missing.If it's any help; I'm using Steelseries Arctis 7 headset. 7.1 Surround seems to not affect it.

Its not Guildwars.Windows 10: Latest update to patch issues is causing problems with multi-channel sound in games

"After the last big cumulative update caused by searchui.exe among other things for high CPU load, Microsoft recommended to postpone or undo the installation and offered with KB4515384 a patch for this and other problems. But here too, things are not going according to plan. Microsoft has confirmed that Windows Update KB4515384 is not rendering multichannel audio correctly. People experiencing problems will notice that their audio does not sound the same as expected. Other users are saying that the update has caused problems with network adapters, search, Start menu, Action Center, USB connections, PINs, and more"

"Gamers report that OS Build 18362.356, September 10, has corrupted audio playback in games. More precisely, the volume of the games is quieter than one would expect. Microsoft is aware of the error and is working on a solution. The whole thing is caused by a change to Windows 10 in cooperation with audio chip providers to render multi-channel sound. "

"The workaround is to temporarily disable multichannel sound in affected games and play in stereo. If you use third-party setting software, you can also switch off multi-channel sound here. Also, virtual surround sound modes may be affected. Microsoft is working on a solution to the problem and deployment is expected by the end of September."

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/windows-10-latest-update-to-patch-issues-is-causing-problems-with-multi-channel-sound-in-games.html

So in short,wait a couple days to a week or two untill MS fixed the issue,theres nothing you can do besides switching to stereo.

• 3 weeks later...

I've updated my Windows 10 and it still isn't fixed.HOWEVER, I have found it does not always happen. So all I need to do is relaunch the client until the sound isn't buggy. Usually takes around 5 tries of logging in/launching, talking to an NPC, backing up a bit and moving my screen around to see how their voice is affected. Once I've successfully tested that it's not buggy I no longer have the issue for the rest of that client session. :smile:

@Jeremy.6127 said:I've updated my Windows 10 and it still isn't fixed.HOWEVER, I have found it does not always happen. So all I need to do is relaunch the client until the sound isn't buggy. Usually takes around 5 tries of logging in/launching, talking to an NPC, backing up a bit and moving my screen around to see how their voice is affected. Once I've successfully tested that it's not buggy I no longer have the issue for the rest of that client session. :smile:

Try removing and reinstalling your Mobo + Audio + Nvidia drivers. Don't install the Hd audio driver from Nvidia.Remove your Local.dat located in C:\Users\Jeremy\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2 .Do a repair on your Gw2 client as the last step.Make sure to change your ingame graphics options after you start up since the audio + video settings will be reset to default after removing Local.dat.