how will you fix ranger ?

BadSanta.6527

hello fellow ranger or former ranger , as we all know ranger is a mess right know ( basiclly it always been a mess but with the recent nerfs it is more outstanding)heres my steps :

1. revert all the recent change from last patch - all of them did not make any sense and were bad
  2. post new dev to be in charge of the ranger class - one thing i sure the guy/ the team who made druid and soulbeast canot save ranger , both e spec has zero connection to the class and to the people who play class for the get go. in my honst and unbiease opinon both of them are the most unfun elite in the game but this is only personal opinion
  3. redisgen druid at lest and rework soulbeast traits

Ranger is pretty useless right now indeed. I have lost interest in playing mine in open world contest. My second ranger is condi soulbeast, which is currently the only viable option IMO.

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:Revert all pet nerfs, preferably across the board but definitely in PVE.

Yes! :+1: Power ranger currently has a terrible damage output, pets used to be a lot more useful in that regard.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:Biggest thing I want reverted is the changes that were made to spirits a short while ago..

I used Spirits for years!! loved them.Now they're useless.

Add some charges and AoE. Remove health and interruptability and they should be good.

The thing i personaly liked the idea of the hp bar counterplay. It brings a different flavour to the gameplay, otherwise it would behave like banners and all classes would play the same.

Double the HP and the ranger share regeneration, stability and protection with the spirits. That should make them usable in competitive mode. Teh ranged AoE release the spirit and the skill goes into CD.This is to allow to buff and have siginificant effects. The actual ones aren't strong enough to justify to equip them.

I think you people should just accept that spirits (and warrior banners) are skills meant for PvE content. Changing them is probably one of the last thing on my list. At least they are used. If you want support in competetive modes, redirects the complaints to druid.

Marksmanship needs Opening Strike refresh for all GM traits. Skirmishing should merge Tail Wind with Furious Grip (Anet already made it clear with Tempest that a minor giving swiftness is underwhelming) - this opens up for a new minor. Empathic and Invigorating Bond needs some love. Beastmastery got traits that got shafted with the introduction of Soulbeast - sure, Potent Ally is fine when merged, but the old version worked better for core ranger (Natural Healing has the same issue).

Druid has been nerfed into a spirit bot for raids. I can't even bother to make more complaints about this joke of an elite spec or repeat the same suggestions over and over again. It's not "useless", but a support elite spec not even being in the discussion for a support role in PvP or WvW is ridiculous.

Soulbeast is fine, a couple of changes to some dead traits and a stance or two away from being near perfect for what it wants to be. Furious Strength should be applied to condition damage aswell, Eternal Bond needs to be scrapped (there is something about these "bond" skills), shared duration for traited stances should be higher, etc.

Overall though, the only thing that really needs a "fix" is druid.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:Biggest thing I want reverted is the changes that were made to spirits a short while ago..

Add some charges and AoE. Remove health and interruptability and they should be good.

I like the health for them at the moment to be honest, it allows them to stay up a lot longer, and also allows for counterplay.

The real problem is that they have too little health in scenarios they actually get targeted, and just get interrupted/blinded every time they try and activate their skill.

Imo, they should just increase the health by 50%-100%, and either make it so the active for spirits is instant cast (for the ranger), or by default the spirit evades for a portion of it/gains a single stack of stability when casting.

That should make them sturdy enough to do their thing for a few procs, and fix their current problem of having “two cast times” IE ranger casts to make them cast a skill, and if EITHER cast is interrupted the skills on CD.

@Durzlla.6295 said:

I like the health for them at the moment to be honest, it allows them to stay up a lot longer, and also allows for counterplay.

The real problem is that they have too little health in scenarios they actually get targeted, and just get interrupted/blinded every time they try and activate their skill.

Imo, they should just increase the health by 50%-100%, and either make it so the active for spirits is instant cast (for the ranger), or by default the spirit evades for a portion of it/gains a single stack of stability when casting.

That should make them sturdy enough to do their thing for a few procs, and fix their current problem of having “two cast times” IE ranger casts to make them cast a skill, and if EITHER cast is interrupted the skills on CD.

Or just remove the health degen and put them back on a timer.. they were fine that way before.They're far too squishy now.. and with the health degen they just die in any kind of AoE situation.. that's why I quit using them after years of them being in my main build.

Offensive spirits also need to have their teleport to player removed as well.. it's utterly stupid that a spirit with an actual attack skill teleports to the player before doing it rather than teleporting to an actual enemy.. if you're playing range their active skills are completely useless.Add to that their squishyness negates their usefulness for taking aggro as well.

Pretty much everything I used them for that made my Glass LB Ranger build so good was killed off when they made the spirit changes.. along with any support ability I had.Granted i've still got a good build now but i'd rather be using my old spirit one over the current one, but that one is long gone so long as spirits remain as they are.

My less experienced friends paid for it the most though, they typically run more damage focused playstyles and my spirits spamming regen and protect did a lot to keep them alive tbh.The Build I run now has no support like that.. just selfish ranged dps.I don't feel as useful in groups now because of it.. and if I were to change my build for more support i'd have to change it completely and i'm not willing to do that, I built this character and themed it on an Archer.. it was designed from the day Gw2 came out to be an Archer and i've ran a LB on it from the day I started playing the game.Not going to change all that now.. 7 years later just because it's support capabilities got gutted lol

@Durzlla.6295

Well the cast time if the spirits is more or less enough room for counterplay.Its still interuptable.

Personally i think giving them 2 charges with 20s CD and 20s buff duration would suffice. You can only have one active at the time and if you summon a second one the old one dies.Everything ground target and you are golden.Would give rangers more ranged AoE, good targeted buff, possibilities to blow up spirits by recasting and still good room for counterplay by avoidance or interruption if the ranger.

Maybe the ammo is only available when traited so you have to sacrifice perma protection for your wispy spirit zoo.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:@Durzlla.6295

Well the cast time if the spirits is more or less enough room for counterplay.Its still interuptable.

Personally i think giving them 2 charges with 20s CD and 20s buff duration would suffice. You can only have one active at the time and if you summon a second one the old one dies.Everything ground target and you are golden.Would give rangers more ranged AoE, good targeted buff, possibilities to blow up spirits by recasting and still good room for counterplay by avoidance or interruption if the ranger.

Maybe the ammo is only available when traited so you have to sacrifice perma protection for your wispy spirit zoo.

So are you suggesting the spirits are just like a wisp that floats around you or something until you throw it out as an AoE effect? Because that could be cool too honestly, and if that were the case the ranger should definitely have a cast time of “activating them”.

The main problem I have with the current active cast time is both the ranger and the spirit can be interrupted, so it’s too much counterplay for too little reward.

@Durzlla.6295 said:

So are you suggesting the spirits are just like a wisp that floats around you or something until you throw it out as an AoE effect? Because that could be cool too honestly, and if that were the case the ranger should definitely have a cast time of “activating them”.

The main problem I have with the current active cast time is both the ranger and the spirit can be interrupted, so it’s too much counterplay for too little reward.

The latter one. Something similar to Astral grace. Just that you send out the spirit to a ground targeted position (well telegraphed <-counterplayability). Doing his Area attack (AoE Damage and some short area denial <-forces movement or punishment) and it applies the buff to close allies for a set amount of time. So it is more versatile and capabable of dynamic gameplay).Yes the cast time could be the first indicator, but I think the trail is a better indicator from the start. A floating shining wisp is probably enough visual indication for a reaction.It would also have some nice synergy with druids ranged casting.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

The latter one. Something similar to Astral grace. Just that you send out the spirit to a ground targeted position (well telegraphed <-counterplayability). Doing his Area attack (AoE Damage and some short area denial <-forces movement or punishment) and it applies the buff to close allies for a set amount of time. So it is more versatile and capabable of dynamic gameplay).Yes the cast time could be the first indicator, but I think the trail is a better indicator from the start. A floating shining wisp is probably enough visual indication for a reaction.It would also have some nice synergy with druids ranged casting.

Ok so you’re saying instead of even summoning a spirit we just kinda summon a spirit to a location (like fire it out from us) and then it creates an effect where it lands and gives the spirit buff? That would be pretty cool honestly, I’d be down for that.

@Durzlla.6295 said:

Ok so you’re saying instead of even summoning a spirit we just kinda summon a spirit to a location (like fire it out from us) and then it creates an effect where it lands and gives the spirit buff? That would be pretty cool honestly, I’d be down for that.

reminds me of the herald shield 4 ...shooting a tiny blob thats absolute crap^^

@Virdo.1540 said:

reminds me of the herald shield 4 ...shooting a tiny blob thats absolute kitten^^

I’m imagining it being the size of ancestral grace and having a color/effect based on the spirit (IE orange and fiery for sun, purple and lightning for storm etc)

Which I think would be cool, and would also give rangers support, AoE, and make spirits not boring as shit to play with.

@Durzlla.6295 said:

reminds me of the herald shield 4 ...shooting a tiny blob thats absolute kitten^^

I’m imagining it being the size of ancestral grace and having a color/effect based on the spirit (IE orange and fiery for sun, purple and lightning for storm etc)

Which I think would be cool, and would also give rangers support, AoE, and make spirits not boring as kitten to play with.

Basically my vision of it too^^