New player LF social guild (Ring of Fire)

Davyzaur.4953

Shortlist of expectations

As you might be able to tell from my title, I'm looking for a social and beginner-friendly guild on my homeworld "Ring of Fire" that's located on the European mega-server. I'd like to start by listing what I expect from my guild.

• FirstIt has to be a social guild, having a guild-chat that is completely dead is no fun.

• SecondAll members (at least the majority) have to be beginner-friendly, there is nothing worse for a beginning player than people telling him or her just how much of a "Noob" he or she is. We were all new at one point, and using toxic or insulting language is not going to help.

• ThirdAll members (at least the majority) have to be friendly towards each other. Lending a hand to a fellow guild-member is always highly valued. Lending a hand involves anything from assisting on a quest or answering questions. I guess you could count this towards being beginner-friendly as well.

• FourthAll members must speak and/or understand English.I don't care about your ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or appearance :3 but being able to understand each other is to me, very important.

Brief explanation and planning

I recently registered my account and purchased both the expansions for Guild Wars 2, and as an old Guild Wars Prophecies player, I have to say that I'm extremely impressed. I've only played for about a week, but this game is slowly turning out to be one of the best experiences I've ever had in an MMORPG.

I'm now at a comfortably high enough level (67) that I feel ready to join a guild. I'd like to be clear and say that I'm still a novice, and whilst I'm starting to get a hang of the game mechanics the more I play, the more I discover that there is a plethora of things I still have to learn. I'm in no way a hardcore player and I won't be online 24/7. Having said that I also like to point out that I'm not against doing raids, dungeons or other group content that requires my presence. If my private life allows, I try to spend at least a few hours in-game every day. During weekends, Friday to Sunday, I tend to have more time on my hands, which means I can spend more time online.

I plan to play an off-tank role with DPS capabilities. I don't care for builds that are considered to be "meta" or "the best build for my specific class" I prefer to do my own thing when it comes to character-building. Even though I prefer to play the game my way, I'm not immune to suggestions or helpful tips on how to improve myself and/or my character.

Very brief personal information

My real name is David and I'm a 26-year-old guy from snowbound Sweden, (the very north of Sweden I might add)People tell me I'm a friendly guy with a warm personality and a big heart.

I can be perceived as "introvert" since I'm not an overly loud person, but I compensate my quietness with being very perceptive to my surroundings, and I always try to help out in any way I can. I'm currently living with my fianceé in a 3 room apartment in a small city with just shy over 90.000 people. I'm currently working in IT, more specifically as a Computer System Analyst.

My fianceé works as a System Support Manager, specifically towards the military (and yes, she also plays computer games). When I'm not working or spending some of my free time playing computer games, I love listening to music and spending time with my girlfriend. We're both highly addicted to movies/series and we both love True Blood and The Office.

We have three cats (their breed is apparently called Europé) two males and one female. Their names are Fritz (the youngest cat) Franz (the oldest cat) and Sowi (pronounced Zoey, the middle cat).

Conclusion and final thoughts

Now that I've shared a little bit about myself and who I am, I'd like to finish this rather uninteresting post by saying, thanks.Thanks for taking some time out of your life to read this. If you are interested in inviting me to your guild, feel free to send me a private message online or add me to your friend list.

I wish you good fortune both in Tyria and out there, in real life, in the real world!Sincerely, David. B)

• 3 weeks later...

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/88457/eu-pve-misplaced-portal-ups-casual-dungeon-and-fractal-social-guild#latest

Hi David!We are a new friendly guild with players from all different experience levels! We love to help each other out, and there is always party somewhere, wether in party chat or guild chat or discord. And there will always be people up to do something.
We do not judge any questions a player has, one of the rules is: There are no stupid questions.We are casual and enjoy learning and growing together!

Maybe you can find a forever home with us! :)

Cheers, Elly