Do you enjoy playing vs. a deadeye in PvP?

Happy Yes.1453

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Binding shadow is the only complaint I could ever get behind.

Make it unaffected by quickness and we good.

Doesn't it still also not show up if cast while stealthed? DE is supposed to have that beefy single target damage, somewhat balanced out by mark being a big red 'hey here's my target'. It negates a drawback if you can Bind -> wait -> mark from stealth and still have it work with no warning whatsoever.

Edit: Tested it (again?) and using Binding Shadows while in stealth reveals you. Weird. Coulda sworn I've seen people cast it from stealth and not get revealed before. Is this a new thing?

@Curennos.9307 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Binding shadow is the only complaint I could ever get behind.

Make it unaffected by quickness and we good.

Doesn't it still also not show up if cast while stealthed? DE is supposed to have that beefy single target damage, somewhat balanced out by mark being a big red 'hey here's my target'. It negates a drawback if you can Bind -> wait -> mark from stealth and still have it work with no warning whatsoever.

Edit: Tested it (again?) and using Binding Shadows while in stealth reveals you. Weird. Coulda sworn I've seen people cast it from stealth and not get revealed before. Is this a new thing?Well the problem is that the mark says i will maybe hit you in the next 30 seconds. So it is kinda terrible since it is telegraph that doesn't really do its job, if it was actual telegraph like in the next 5 seconds i will hit you and refresh the mark by hitting you for maximum of 30 seconds.

Theyre fun for me to fight because I usually engage them with classes or builds that can chase or down them. I can easily see how theyd be annoying for anything slower/less porty than War/Another thief though.

They're relatively easy to play. They're balanced mechanically/sustainwise. They're still annoying. I can understand the anger against them but I wouldn't change them atm.

I was playing SPVP scourage/Reaper all day yesterday with a 90% win rate the only loses tho was typically when the team had a dead eye....

Idk how to fix it so I can't be that critical but I will say that getting one-shot (no exaggeration) from stealth with no warning or counter play potential feels bad...

I will say that i was running demolisher amulet which is def a glassyish amulet so Maybe the counter is not running glassy stuff....however, I feel into today's meta you have 2 so idk.

that were some lucky crits right there tbh

idk, that dude kept ass-slapping everything in my matches with his macro.What was more interesting, out of 5 openings on him i had 0 backstab crits (with 83% crit chance). You can check the whole match vod to see, if u curious.

@Nova.3817 said:I was playing SPVP scourage/Reaper all day yesterday with a 90% win rate the only loses tho was typically when the team had a dead eye....

Idk how to fix it so I can't be that critical but I will say that getting one-shot (no exaggeration) from stealth with no warning or counter play potential feels bad...

I will say that i was running demolisher amulet which is def a glassyish amulet so Maybe the counter is not running glassy stuff....however, I feel into today's meta you have 2 so idk.

Losses against DEs tend to be either a failure in your team comp (too many slow classes, etc) or a failure on the part of your roamer/decapper - there's usually someone who can be assigned to Deal With That Issue (not the reaper ofc, except if they're within range of axe, in which case you can just 1-shot them. I find staff fear -> swap into quickness claws works nicely).

Or just map awareness - good wurm placement and knowing when to back off can help. Not saying superstealth DE isn't a pain to deal with, but your team should be able to take care of it.

Been playing Reaper in ranked lately tho, so I feel your pain.

Deadeyes are made for the sake of a 1v1 scenario. However, unlike other duelers, it's difficult to deal with stealth as it practically grants a free hit, lest they choose to use Death's Judgement, which is the move that reveals them preemptively. However, every other move does NOT reveal a stealth attack unless the attack actually connects, which makes rolling and blocking to avoid a stealth attack is... well, pointless. Sure, there are options to Reveal them, but usually, those are impractical in many other situations other than dealing with a stealthed opponent specifically.

Honestly, I really like the design of Death's Judgement, which forces the Deadeye to wait for the most opportune moment to use it and get a reward for their... ahem, judgement. Unfortunately, as mentioned, deadeyes could literally do any other option that does not reveal him/her, the main one being the Three Round Burst, which usually does similar amounts of damage, grants might, and is unreactable.