What happened to this release's fractal?

zealex.9410

@zealex.9410 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:I've never seen Anet release a 'schedule' for anything ... so what you talking about?

Anet had stated that their fractal release schedule was (at least until bound by blood) 1 new fractal every other lw episode.

Sure ... that's not a schedule though. I don't see a date.

you are too white knight to understand. That was officialy stated by anet, 1 fractal every other episode. Which is like every 6-7 months.

If you think you can set your watch to anything Anet has said where they never gave a date, you just haven't been paying attention. That's not white knighting at all ... it's called 'observation' and 'reality'. I know what Anet said and if the numbers don't justify another fractal ... or something causes it to be late, then that's EXPECTED. That's exactly what you DON'T see them give you a date.

They dont give date for lw either but will let you know if someone gets delay

Really? because I DID see a release date for LS ... Sure they let you know if something they planned for a specific date gets delayed ...

This fractal release doesn't have a specific date, so why would they announce it's 'late'? ... that doesn't make sense. You can't be late if you don't say when you're going to get there. IT's the whole reason they DON'T give us dates for these things. They are NOT scheduled.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:I've never seen Anet release a 'schedule' for anything ... so what you talking about?

Anet had stated that their fractal release schedule was (at least until bound by blood) 1 new fractal every other lw episode.

Sure ... that's not a schedule though. I don't see a date.

you are too white knight to understand. That was officialy stated by anet, 1 fractal every other episode. Which is like every 6-7 months.

If you think you can set your watch to anything Anet has said where they never gave a date, you just haven't been paying attention. That's not white knighting at all ... it's called 'observation' and 'reality'. I know what Anet said and if the numbers don't justify another fractal ... or something causes it to be late, then that's EXPECTED. That's exactly what you DON'T see them give you a date.

They dont give date for lw either but will let you know if someone gets delay

Really? because I DID see a release date for LS ... Sure they let you know if something they planned for a specific date gets delayed ...

This fractal release doesn't have a specific date, so why would they announce it's 'late'? ... that doesn't make sense. You can't be late if you don't say when you're going to get there. IT's the whole reason they DON'T give us dates for these things. They are NOT scheduled.

Im pretty sure they havent goven dates for lw and then delayed, they have however publicly announced a delay if an episode passes the 3 month mark.

When a lw episode get a release date (which we usually learned through trailers) so did fractals.

@Obtena.7952 said:Right ... so the date Anet provided for the release is what?

Did i say they gave a date? Do they ever give dates before they are actually ready to? (which is a week before the update drops usually) I said that since fractals are tied to lw updates we learn the date of a new fractal release along with that of a new lw episode (through the trailers most often).

@zealex.9410 said:

Did i say they gave a date? Do they ever give dates before they are actually ready to? (which is a week before the update drops usually) I said that since fractals are tied to lw updates we learn the date of a new fractal release along with that of a new lw episode (through the trailers most often).

yes you did.

@zealex.9410 said:When a lw episode get a release date (which we usually learned through trailers) so did fractals.

or did you not mean this? I mean, did Anet give a date for the release of the fractal you are saying is late or not? It's not a hard question. Do you know what a date is?

No i dont think so, in that thread i go into detail on the release cadence we had in se3 then in s4 and how it seemed to be getting slower while also less content was developed for fractals overall.

This one i was simply asking if anet put up a delay notice for the fractal like they do for their lw episodes if they miss the timeframe anet set (2 to 3 months.)

@Obtena.7952 said:

yes you did.

@zealex.9410 said:When a lw episode get a release date (which we usually learned through trailers) so did fractals.

I say when a lw update get its release date announced so does the fraftal that comes with it (not all releases come with one the cadence set by anet until now was one fractal every other lw update). For example deepstone was announced with long live the lich with a release date, similarly siren's reef with all or nothing.

The cadence of a fractal every 2 lw updates suggested there was gonna be one with bound by blood which didnt happen and luke they make delay post about lw i wondered if they did smth similar for the next fractal.

or did you not mean this? I mean, did Anet give a date for the release of the fractal you are saying is late or not? It's not a hard question. Do you know what a date is?

They dont give date until the content is ready. They do give delay post if content is not done in the timeframe they've given us.

@zealex.9410 said:They dont give date until the content is ready. They do give delay post if content is not done in the timeframe they've given us.

This alone should be enough for us to realize which value raids & fractals have from Anet's point of view.

Btw. I think they'll definitely need more time. In yesterday's stream it was said the first steps in the development of templates started 2017. It's 2019 now and the next 4 weeks are essentially needed to set the price for them (because they haven't yet).

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@zealex.9410 said:They dont give date until the content is ready. They do give delay post if content is not done in the timeframe they've given us.

This alone should be enough for us to realize which value raids & fractals have from Anet's point of view.

Btw. I think they'll definitely need more time. In yesterday's stream it was said the first steps in the development of templates started 2017. It's 2019 now and the next 4 weeks are essentially needed to set the price for them (because they haven't yet).

Considering all the feedback in regards to how limited templates are they might be looking to expand the caps. For any semi serious player that dabbles in more than 2 gamemodes 6 gear and build templates is too little.

@Obtena.7952 said:Right ... so the date Anet provided for the release is what? You said they gave a release date ...

in one of Reddit AMA for a LS4 episode, a developer said that fractal release cadency is every other LS episode. that means new fractal release date was supposed to be september 17. we didn't get a fractal on that date without any explanaton. i hope that explains it to you since you seem to be really confused.

@zealex.9410 said:

I mean TECHNICALLY, this was “just a prologue” and not an episode, so maybe it’ll come out with the next one?

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:Just some nerds complaining here. I usually play 1-2 builds per character and keep this build for like 6 months to a year, then change it. This is not GW1. But yeah, monetisation of all aspects in this game sucks. I would've been off with far less money sunk in this game, if it was just sub based...

160$ for 7 years is pretty cheap imo, I would probabely have spent less if it were sub based since I wouldent have been playing for 7 years tho.