something wrong with Bouncer achievement

We need to 'kill' 500 crazed fans, but after a whole event of focussing my damage on these guys, I have gotten a grand total of*drum roll please

4 counts.4 counts, after like.. what.. 50 fans 'killed'?

So I thought.. is there like a DPS barrier?but then I noticed, that even if I start the fight as they spawn, they still don't count, most of the time.Are we killing them too fast, they don't register as event creatures yet?what is wrong with these crazed fans?

This achievement is nigh impossible at this rate

Tried again today focussing all my heavy guns on these guys, and got a few over 10 counts

Mine advanced by 28 after one or two concerts, forgot when it checked it last.

Hopefully then don't work like the weapon kill achievements ...

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:no, for them to count you need to get, in my experience at least, more than 8k damage in. But they die so fast that it is really hard to do.

Basically the scaling of that event is completely busted. A bug anet doesnt even see as a bug.

Scaling makes them lv82 which usually keep them alive longer.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:no, for them to count you need to get, in my experience at least, more than 8k damage in. But they die so fast that it is really hard to do.

Basically the scaling of that event is completely busted. A bug anet doesnt even see as a bug.

their names turn red, almost always.That means they've turnt fully hostile towards me, no?

@Sicarine.3985 said:

@"Galmac.4680" said:My hint: ignore everything else from the concert, just focus on them and do your best burst damage you can do.

And that is part of what is wrong with this achievement. Even at 25-ish per concert, it is still a whopping 20 concerts. And that's 20 concerts of doing NOTHING but killing fans. If I were to stop and spam /cheer and /salute, it would take longer. I think the devs forgot that "make longer-lasting content" doesn't mean make achievements that take a month to do.

'cos this isn't the only one. I'm looking
straight
at you, pass the torch.

Passing the torch was a lot easier, since its part of the intended gameplay.But if you want the achievement done in a decent timeframe you'll have to play counter intuitively and just throw torches at the pick up site.

Achievements should never have you go against the intended gameplay in my opinion.. But here we are

I get about 50 per event. Am not at 500 yet. But I hope players that got the achievement will not kill them (accidents excluded ofcourse). Just like I don't put fire on ppl so others can get that achievement as I have it already. Similar to the north meta in Thunderhead Peaks that also had an achievement needing x amount shared among players.

P.s My bet is that a lot of players will flock to Halloween tomorrow and next month to episode 1 of the saga meaning less players at the concert fans.

@Aaralyna.3104 said:I get about 50 per event. Am not at 500 yet. But I hope players that got the achievement will not kill them (accidents excluded ofcourse). Just like I don't put fire on ppl so others can get that achievement as I have it already. Similar to the north meta in Thunderhead Peaks that also had an achievement needing x amount shared among players.

P.s My bet is that a lot of players will flock to Halloween tomorrow and next month to episode 1 of the saga meaning less players at the concert fans.

That will probably mean fewer fans spawn per concert.