What build templates should be

I think the problem here is there are no 'gear templates' which is a massive part of the build (which sigils, stats etc) - individuals have just as many of these as the 'attributes/trait lines you pick'. The biggest part of build templates is the gear which is more complex to select and time-consuming than the 'attributes/trait lines'.

There is still time for ANET to fix the PR Train disaster from a complete catastrophic incident, by making some brave choices.

@TPMN.1483 said:I think the problem here is there are no 'gear templates' which is a massive part of the build (which sigils, stats etc.) - individuals have just as many of these as the 'attributes/trait lines you pick'. The biggest part of build templates is the gear which is more complex to select and time-consuming than the 'attributes/trait lines'.

You are right, in their option: runes and stats are a part of the equipment, no matter that people could change traits because of nerfing runes also.

@"TPMN.1483" said:I think the problem here is there are no 'gear templates' which is a massive part of the build (which sigils, stats etc) - individuals have just as many of these as the 'attributes/trait lines you pick'. The biggest part of build templates is the gear which is more complex to select and time-consuming than the 'attributes/trait lines'.

There is still time for ANET to fix the PR Train disaster from a complete catastrophic incident, by making some brave choices.

Equipment templates are coming at the same time as build templates, it was the second half of the announcement: https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/learn-all-about-build-and-equipment-templates/

"Your character’s equipment, attributes, and upgrades—excluding gathering tools—can be stored in Equipment Templates. To add an item to an Equipment Template, navigate to the Equipment Template tab you want to store the template in and equip your item.

Items you add to Equipment Templates will no longer take up space in your character’s inventory, and you can reuse them across each of that character’s Equipment Templates. Items stored in this fashion will display a link icon in the upper corner and additional tooltip information listing all the Equipment Templates you’ve used them in.

Equipment Templates can also record the customization of legendary items, which can freely change attributes and upgrades. You can equip a single legendary item to multiple Equipment Templates with different attributes and upgrade choices for each."

@Danikat.8537 said:

@"TPMN.1483" said:I think the problem here is there are no 'gear templates' which is a massive part of the build (which sigils, stats etc) - individuals have just as many of these as the 'attributes/trait lines you pick'. The biggest part of build templates is the gear which is more complex to select and time-consuming than the 'attributes/trait lines'.

Equipment templates are coming at the same time as build templates, it was the second half of the announcement:

"Your character’s equipment, attributes, and upgrades—excluding gathering tools—can be stored in Equipment Templates. To add an item to an Equipment Template, navigate to the Equipment Template tab you want to store the template in and equip your item.

Items you add to Equipment Templates will no longer take up space in your character’s inventory, and you can reuse them across each of that character’s Equipment Templates. Items stored in this fashion will display a link icon in the upper corner and additional tooltip information listing all the Equipment Templates you’ve used them in.

Equipment Templates can also record the customization of legendary items, which can freely change attributes and upgrades. You can equip a single legendary item to multiple Equipment Templates with different attributes and upgrade choices for each."

Anet calls it "template" but the only real templates here are the account build storages (trait+skill). Those on your character (build and gear) are just tabs, not templates cause you can't save them. If you change something, your "template" is automaticly overwritten...

You can see how their system works in this stream :

@Danikat.8537 said:

Equipment templates are coming at the same time as build templates, it was the second half of the announcement:

I am not certain yet that there are codes available for equipment templates, as 6 tabs will not be sufficient (without a chat code) for the reasons below:Question asked @ 43 mins 15 seconds -

Rubi Bayer:"If we are trying someone else's build and we don't have the stat related equipment what is the default and open slot or last equipped item or something else?"

Amy:'So emm..there is a little bit of confusion in this question and emm if you are trying out someone else's build, yes if you don't have all the skills or traits trained yet it will have it on you kind of greyed out and you wont get the effects of that trait obviously or be able to use that skill.. but it will be there so you can see what you are heading towards. I don't have a character here prepped for this but if its a low level character and it has that skill it will take you to the training wheel so you know where to spend your points to get that skill or trait unlocked. '

Amy:'But we don't have chat links for equipment templates because these are storing your actual items they are not a choice from your table of skills and other people don't have that item.'

There is a "copy equipment template" shown on the GUI - however, it was not covered exactly how this works or if a code gets generated that we can store outside GW2.The chat code function for equipment templates is not coming in the initial release - is how I've interpreted this. I have watched the video any may be missing the bit where they actually show the code which can be generated and saved outside of the GW2 application.

Once chat code functions are available (and can be seen in the system from a chat code what is in the code) and if it hot/swaps all equipment in/out of the equipment slot from your inventory it may then actually be useful.

@"Sobx.1758" said:If anything, your stance would suggest that you're not able to understand how seperate templates work, so you need a simplyfied "all-in-one" solution. What a terribly biased set of answers in your poll.

I understand what is more suitable for making build, and I use term build which is used across all internet resources, including this forum.Probably you have a different meaning what build means.If you are for keeping what is prepared in the next patch, you can choose the third line.

@"Sobx.1758" said:What this thread is isn't even an honest poll or an attempt at discussing an upcomming feature, it's just insulting people with opinions different than yours.

I still haven't seen your opinion about templates. If you aren't going to express your opinion about "templates", please, stop flooding and let the rest people do that.It is not interesting to discuss when people do nothing but try to show how bad their opponent is.