Metas

Stajan.4581

@Stajan.4581 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Have you tried LFG? Have you looked for a guild that might help?

I belong to three guilds one that is old and dieing the second is a WvW guild mostly. the third is my guild for storage. LFG you look up LFG for that map and tell me what you find, you will hear the wind and crickets and a moth or 2 flying away

Have you tried creating a LFG? There’s a large percentage of players that are afraid to create a LFG and instead sit there waiting for one to magically appear.

@Stajan.4581 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Have you tried LFG? Have you looked for a guild that might help?

I belong to three guilds one that is old and dieing the second is a WvW guild mostly. the third is my guild for storage. LFG you look up LFG for that map and tell me what you find, you will hear the wind and crickets and a moth or 2 flying away

And thats why you start a group in the lfg with a message with what you want to do so others can see it and join in.I would say 80% of the people are like you just check if someone else have put up said lfg.

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:I've still never had this happen for me, where I needed other ppl to do something and not been able to find them, but I know it's something ppl have been complaining about since pre-HoT . . .

I will say I've frequently been unable to find ppl right when I needed them, had to plan better, come back at a different time of day or different day of the week, make a habit of looking at lfg, etc. . . .

Some people have very specific times they can play they cannot always be on like most people.

Sure, though I will point out that I am very rarely on during the high population times during the hours around daily reset, and I've still never experienced this problem . . .

I think why you would find resistance to your ideas is that having a group to play group content is kind of at the heart of an mmo. If I could solo everything, I don't think I'd ever play with anyone else . . .

And what is wrong with not playing with anyone else? In GW1 you could solo stuff but there was stuff that fun more fun when you did it with a group. The other thing is that the drops were worth it that made playing the game with others better as it seemed that when in a group of people that you got better drops. GW2's drop rates for even basic mats is way way way way way out of line. I have been here since beta and logged thousands of hours and i have gotten all of 1 pre to drop. So maybe you have not had issues with group content because you can get on at x time and find it but I have had it.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Have you tried
creating
a LFG? There’s a large percentage of players that are
afraid
to create a LFG and instead sit there waiting for one to magically appear.

(No that never ever crossed my mind). Please give your head a shake, I am not new to the game of course I have posted LFGs again on my time line when I am able to do it there is a dead mape or people that are not skilled enough to do it.

@Linken.6345 said:

And thats why you start a group in the lfg with a message with what you want to do so others can see it and join in.I would say 80% of the people are like you just check if someone else have put up said lfg.

Again I have started them and there is nothing there.

Meta events are something that should be looked at on a schedule when the teams have time. Maybe every 6 months they run some kind of report to see if the metas on maps are completable with the current level of player activity there. If not, maybe they run a special event there to beef interest back up or adjust the mechanics of that particular meta (scaling, participation requirements, mob spawns) to better match the current metrics for the map. Even reward adjustment might be enough to garner interest again.

In some ways, this is already being done, as Serpent's Ire and other metas have come under review in response to lower attendance. I don't know that it's something that is looked at on a regular basis, but maybe it should be.

Honestly even on "dead maps" I've never really had any trouble. If a map is empty I usually just throw up a Commander tag while I'm running around and 9 times out of 10 people show up. Otherwise, yeah, LFG / finding a Guild that actually helps with that is a good way to go. Kinda their whole point.

@Stajan.4581 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:I've still never had this happen for me, where I needed other ppl to do something and not been able to find them, but I know it's something ppl have been complaining about since pre-HoT . . .

I will say I've frequently been unable to find ppl right when I needed them, had to plan better, come back at a different time of day or different day of the week, make a habit of looking at lfg, etc. . . .

Some people have very specific times they can play they cannot always be on like most people.

Sure, though I will point out that I am very rarely on during the high population times during the hours around daily reset, and I've still never experienced this problem . . .

I think why you would find resistance to your ideas is that having a group to play group content is kind of at the heart of an mmo. If I could solo everything, I don't think I'd ever play with anyone else . . .

And what is wrong with not playing with anyone else? In GW1 you could solo stuff but there was stuff that fun more fun when you did it with a group. The other thing is that the drops were worth it that made playing the game with others better as it seemed that when in a group of people that you got better drops. GW2's drop rates for even basic mats is way way way way way out of line. I have been here since beta and logged thousands of hours and i have gotten all of 1 pre to drop. So maybe you have not had issues with group content because you can get on at x time and find it but I have had it.

You seem to have lost your focus a bit. You've got like four completely unrelated complaints packed into that one little paragraph. Are you sure you're not just frustrated with the game generally . . ?

I am working on this achievement right now as well and only thing left for me are 5 days of heart completions for the Druid Stones. I had no issues at all to get what I needed cause ppl were doing the events as i was there so i just joined them. It does not seem dead to me as I’ve been there every day the past two weeks doing this thing cause of aurora now. And it’s been ppl there doing events every time I’ve been there at least. Maybe it’s the wrong time of day?

@SexyMofo.8923 said:Is the game that dead?

Well yes and no. While the game still has lots of players, they tend to do other things than run obscure metas or events. What people mostly do now is either WvW or PvP, some sort of meta train on reset, core tyria for map completion & legendary creation, or role-playing.

A new player coming to the game, or someone trying to complete achievements outside of the core Tyria maps can be very difficult as finding players to help with certain events achievements is nearly impossible. That's why many of us say, make sure you get to the new maps and their achievements done in the first 2-4 weeks otherwise you'll have a hell of a time trying to complete them after that.

@"Operator.2590" said:Honestly even on "dead maps" I've never really had any trouble. If a map is empty I usually just throw up a Commander tag while I'm running around and 9 times out of 10 people show up. Otherwise, yeah, LFG / finding a Guild that actually helps with that is a good way to go. Kinda their whole point.

You want to give me the 300g for a stupid ass tag over my head in the hopes that others will join me to finish something? If not your comment is useless and pointless.

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

You seem to have lost your focus a bit. You've got like four completely unrelated complaints packed into that one little paragraph. Are you sure you're not just frustrated with the game generally . . ?

Yes I am in general frustrated with the game have been ever since beta testing when it was not like GW1 and mesmer was still here. That is not the point the point now is that maps are dead it is hard as hell to complete meta if not impossible. (side note i did finish this last night after staying up way way way way way way way longer than i should have) Two of us did the pre and than 6 of us killed the meta boss but it took over 40 days to find a team to do that. That should not be in any game

@Destiny.7690 said:I am working on this achievement right now as well and only thing left for me are 5 days of heart completions for the Druid Stones. I had no issues at all to get what I needed cause ppl were doing the events as i was there so i just joined them. It does not seem dead to me as I’ve been there every day the past two weeks doing this thing cause of aurora now. And it’s been ppl there doing events every time I’ve been there at least. Maybe it’s the wrong time of day?

Ding ding ding, you get a prize the wrong time of day, that is exactly what i have been saying and so giving henchmen and heroes like gw1 solves the issue of having to try and stay up late to get a party. scale the meta s with the number of players and make them solo able with a skilled enough player. it really is not that hard.

@sorudo.9054 said:what they should do is not focus the game on metas all the time and actually make proper content that doesn't take a zerg to complete, the whole reason the quality of this game is dropping like a brick is because they are focusing on the wrong thing.

Exactly no zerg needed you can solo everything with heroes and henchmen or a friend or 2 this whole thins of zergs is BS. I watched a Swap behemoth go down in the very first attack sequence that should bit be happening to a world boss.

@Stajan.4581 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

Yes I am in general frustrated with the game have been ever since beta testing when it was not like GW1 and mesmer was still here. That is not the point the point now is that maps are dead it is hard as hell to complete meta if not impossible. (side note i did finish this last night after staying up way way way way way way way longer than i should have) Two of us did the pre and than 6 of us killed the meta boss but it took over 40 days to find a team to do that. That should not be in any game

Gratz! Glad it worked out for you :)

@Stajan.4581 said:

@"Operator.2590" said:Honestly even on "dead maps" I've never really had any trouble. If a map is empty I usually just throw up a Commander tag while I'm running around and 9 times out of 10 people show up. Otherwise, yeah, LFG / finding a Guild that actually helps with that is a good way to go. Kinda their whole point.

You want to give me the 300g for a stupid kitten tag over my head in the hopes that others will join me to finish something? If not your comment is useless and pointless.

Well you can use the free apple tag in lvl 80 areas not many new people will ask questions to mentors there.

@Stajan.4581 said:You want to give me the 300g for a stupid kitten tag over my head in the hopes that others will join me to finish something? If not your comment is useless and pointless.I mean, by that logic your argument itself would be useless and pointless. But otherwise, if you’re farming content, 300g isn’t that hard to come by. Secondly, as mentioned, the apple tag is also free and can accomplish the same thing. After all these comments, it just seems like this is just another moan and groan thread. Good luck to ya.

I recently completed the Henge collections and had no problem finding groups to do the two big bosses. The other collection requirements meant I'd be spending quite a bit of time on the map, so just keeping an eye on map chat for boss groups forming as I went about my business was all that was needed.For things like the Webby Mother etc, just switching on the Apple and letting people know it was up was sufficient.The map is far from dead in 'primetime' at least.I'm a newish player, and there seemed to be more than enough people around, many even newer than me.

:)