5 Ways to Fix Conjures (That would actually work)

Conncept.7638

@"Swagg.9236" said:I already did this months ago.

Well for one, most of these suggestions range from being suggested years ago to shortly after launch, and were suggested by dozens of people on many separate occasions. I've also seen your suggestion made at least twice before, though never as detailed. So you didn't beat anyone by "months".

But, isn't that the exact opposite of everything I collected and suggested? The suggestions I think will work are all based around having larger drawbacks to justify more power investment and conjures not competing with attunements. You're suggesting putting ALL the conjures on ONE utility skill with even more uptime than they currently have, while still overwriting attunements for their duration. The higher uptime and smaller skill slot investment would, without a doubt, result in nerfs to an already undertuned skillset. And your rework not only doesn't even address the issue of conjures and attunements competing with each other, because you would still need to "drop" them to get back to your standard weapon skills, with only one ammo charge as a backup, it exacerbates the issue by requiring you to be in an element to use that elements conjured weapon.

Comprehensive rework based on the ideas here in this thread.

• Conjured weapons become kits.
  • Conjured weapons skills 2-5 now have 2 ammo each.
  • If cast with 2 or more ammo, they are slightly stronger. With 1 ammo remaining, the effect is reduced.
  • Conjured weapons count as (dual) attuning for the purposes of traits.
  • Conjured weapons are now tied to the attunement system. If you are (dual) attuned to the corresponding element, casting the corresponding conjure will increase the effects gained from (dual) attunement by 50% for 10 sec.

If master of Conjururation is taken, the bonus gained for summoning while (dual) attuned is increased to 100%, and the auto attack of Conjured weapons is slightly improved, and they now have 3 ammo per skill.

This would encourage the use of conjures, and would reward skilled play in allowing you to fill to ration gaps with Conjured skills, just like kits. With the skills rebalanced to be stronger than weapon skills at high ammo, and weaker at low ammo... It rewards budgeting the resource, and punishes spamming the best button. The synergies with attunements allows the elementalist to not loose class synergy when conjuring, and the bonus gained when attuning while attuned to the corresponding element encourages working the conjure into your rotation at the right time.

demo explination of this in action: I've just rotated into fire/fire from fire/earth, and just used fire sword 3. I now attune to fire a third time by summoning my conjure flame Axe and gaining enhanced fire attunement bonuses for 10 sec. Later in my rotation I need the dash from the Axe to avoid a sticky situation, but im currently in earth/earth. I use the conjure to summon as normal, gaining the normal (not enhanced) bonuses for attuning to fire, and dash out of the way. Camping Flame Axe becomes less useful than your other weapon skills because the first cast is a dps increase, where as the later ammo casts are a dps loss. So, I'll want to open Flame Axe, use it, then get back out, situationally, but never slowly.

• 1 month later...