I personally look forward to the new Build Templates

@Taygus.4571 said:

1. Increase the number of template sharing slots.
  2. Make legendary and ascended items in the equipment storage available account-wide (or come up with another easy solution to swapping them).

The said they can't do either. [...]

Wrong. No one said that in the stream, unless you are referring to other sources (link?). Ruby merely suggested that server-sided build storage had to be limited at this point, but there was no mention of local template storage at all.

As for legendary gear, on the contrary: it was mentioned in the stream that they can't do this at this point, but might in the future.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

1. Increase the number of template sharing slots.
  2. Make legendary and ascended items in the equipment storage available account-wide (or come up with another easy solution to swapping them).

The said they can't do either. [...]

Wrong.
No one
said that in the stream, unless you are referring to other sources (link?). Ruby merely
suggested
that server-sided build storage had to be limited at this point, but there was no mention of local template storage
at all

As for legendary gear, on the contrary: it was mentioned in the stream that they can't do this
at this point
, but might in the future.

Do a /Wiki Shift Click Build Template like you would normally share it in chat. Copy the code to your Notepad/etc

Now you can personally store as many builds as you want and only have to paste codes and accept the template to overwrite whatever build is currently saved.Profit

@"Knighthonor.4061" said:Do a /Wiki Shift Click Build Template like you would normally share it in chat. Copy the code to your Notepad/etc

Now you can personally store as many builds as you want and only have to paste codes and accept the template to overwrite whatever build is currently saved.Profit

1. Since I watched the stream, as mentioned in the post you responded to, I know that. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. ;)
  2. You've got to be kidding if you seriously consider this additional hassle on top of the overall hassle we will already have with ANet's version of build templates a "profit feature". :lol: Since it is so super simple, it should have been implemented. No one needs their templates stored on the server. Really. No one. This is just because of the gear storage, another feature no one has asked for.

@Healix.5819 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:First, it's not $20. It's $500. Second, even after spending that $500, it still wouldn;t be enough, because the system is limited in its functionality due to changes that were introduced in order to monetize it better.

More like $1400 (for all 69 characters). Realistically it'll be around $20 to $35 to buy all of the tabs per character and $5 to buy all of the slots for the account.Which realistically only mean that to fully deck out a character with tabs - which probably only a tiny 0.01% of the population will do on any given character since most will be fine 2-3 builds... it's still maybe half the cost of a legendary. And people are buying legendaries buy the buckets.

It's a gold sink.

It's that simple.

For 69 characters, why would you even need the build templates when you can literally have 1 build per character and never change it... and still probably have characters left over for fun lol.

@Healix.5819 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:First, it's not $20. It's $500. Second, even after spending that $500, it still wouldn;t be enough, because the system is limited in its functionality due to changes that were introduced in order to monetize it better.

More like $1400 (for all 69 characters). Realistically it'll be around $20 to $35 to buy all of the tabs per character and $5 to buy all of the slots for the account.

Whether it’s $5, $10,$15. The price shouldn’t be justified of how it is monetized 3 times. The game literally cost $30 now and maybe 40-50 including living world seasons. The point is why do build templates cost so much to use even when your limited but the game isn’t even that much anymore? The other point is why are they charging so much when it brings 0 content? Literally build templates will not make you play the game longer then it is intended. The other point is why is a 3rd party add on used for free and literally 3 clicks, easier to use then arenanets version when arenanet suppose to be “professional”

Everyone is heated because of the limitations and the cost when build templates bring 0 content. If they wanted to charge. An easy 10$ dlc build template pack that’s unlimited for every player would’ve managed. And much more profitable since most players won’t pay a dime to the way build templates are charged now.

It’s just bad decisions after bad decisions after bad decisions.

First the announcement of season 5 was a disappointment. Then the ice brood saga announcement is a disappointment. And the only thing veterans had from excitement was build templates, and they messed that up too.

That is why we’re mostly irritated. Cause nothing great has come from arenanet recently.

@Healix.5819 said:

@blambidy.3216 said:Whether it’s $5, $10,$15.

What about 150g per tab and 5g per slot? For comparison, when WoW originally added a second build tab, it was 1000g (it cost 1g to reset your build, compared to originally costing ~2g here).

The thing is I highly doubt it will be 150 gold for account bound and 5 gold per build slot. Honestly if it was 5 gold per slot 6 per character limit is still the other problem we’re having. The per build tab problem is 6 build for the limit and pve and wvw are intertwined together for that amount. So if the person has a raid build for this toon that uses 3-4 slots. Then you go into wvw using a completely different build. It truly limits you. The limit is the problem of the per character build tabs. However I highly doubt arenanet will make them that cheap. Also I highly doubt they will make in game achievements or collections to increase the amount of build tabs since it’s already mentioned to be into the gemstore.

@blambidy.3216 said:

What about 150g per tab and 5g per slot? For comparison, when WoW originally added a second build tab, it was 1000g (it cost 1g to reset your build, compared to originally costing ~2g here).

The thing is I highly doubt it will be 150 gold for account bound and 5 gold per build slot.Current character and account bound upgrades is 150-300 gold, ignoring fluff (like digital deluxe stuff). Even the "big" account bound stuff like storage expander and bank tabs is still 300g. What exactly are you expecting? Of course it's not going to be 5g per build slot (that would be stupid) but I fully expect the build template costs to be 400-800 gems like everything else. Maybe packs for cheaper costs if people really need builds in bulk (like how shared inventory slots drops from 700 a piece to 560 a piece for 5)

@blambidy.3216 said:The thing is I highly doubt it will be 150 gold for account bound and 5 gold per build slot.

To clarify, that's 150g per equipment or build tab, which you can buy 4 and 3 of per character, so 1050g total. The build slots are the account-wide chat code storage slots, which you can buy 18 of. These prices were based on the current exchange rate, for example 1 equipment tab should be around 300 up to 400 gems (~150g), which is the price of a bag slot.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

The thing is I highly doubt it will be 150 gold for account bound and 5 gold per build slot.Current character and account bound upgrades is 150-300 gold, ignoring fluff (like digital deluxe stuff). Even the "big" account bound stuff like storage expander and bank tabs is still 300g. What exactly are you expecting? Of course it's not going to be 5g per build slot (that would be stupid) but I fully expect the build template costs to be 400-800 gems like everything else. Maybe packs for cheaper costs if people really need builds in bulk (like how shared inventory slots drops from 700 a piece to 560 a piece for 5)

You based my point into one sentence when it shouldn’t have been even though your agreeing with me. But should the pricing me acceptable? No it shouldn’t. The only acceptable monetized aspect of build templates should be equipment storage since it’s actually useful and uses storage for gear. Build build template tabs and account storage, your paying for the code to switch skills and traits not including gear. 400 gems to swap over traits and skills per character is laughable.

@Healix.5819 said:

@blambidy.3216 said:The thing is I highly doubt it will be 150 gold for account bound and 5 gold per build slot.

To clarify, that's 150g per equipment or build tab, which you can buy 4 and 3 of per character, so 1050g total. The build slots are the account-wide chat code storage slots, which you can buy 18 of. These prices were based on the current exchange rate, for example 1 equipment tab should be around 300 up to 400 gems (~150g), which is the price of a bag slot.

If the per storage is the equipment I don’t mind 400 gems each. However account tabs, build tabs, equipment storage are all separate. And I doubt build tabs which refer to skills and traits will be 5 gold per tab. (If) it is I wouldn’t be angry about pricing but upset that you can only have 6 build tabs per character. So 15 gold to give to vendor or converting to gems for 3 build tabs is fine. But only having 6 is still yikes. As far as the account wide storage that is also just skills and traits, I doubt that will be 5 gold. Or just 400 gems. I’m thinking they will charge 600-800 gems per pack.

@blambidy.3216 said:Whether it’s $5, $10,$15. The price shouldn’t be justified of how it is monetized 3 times. The game literally cost $30 now and maybe 40-50 including living world seasons. The point is why do build templates cost so much to use even when your limited but the game isn’t even that much anymore? The other point is why are they charging so much when it brings 0 content? Literally build templates will not make you play the game longer then it is intended. The other point is why is a 3rd party add on used for free and literally 3 clicks, easier to use then arenanets version when arenanet suppose to be “professional”

Everyone is heated because of the limitations and the cost when build templates bring 0 content. If they wanted to charge. An easy 10$ dlc build template pack that’s unlimited for every player would’ve managed. And much more profitable since most players won’t pay a dime to the way build templates are charged now.

It’s just bad decisions after bad decisions after bad decisions.

First the announcement of season 5 was a disappointment. Then the ice brood saga announcement is a disappointment. And the only thing veterans had from excitement was build templates, and they messed that up too.

That is why we’re mostly irritated. Cause nothing great has come from arenanet recently.

I like your suggestions and agree with your criticism. Hopefully, they will listen to posts like these (for instance, regarding a way to make money with this feature that's justified and fair).

@blambidy.3216 said:400 gems to swap over traits and skills per character is laughable.Then just do it manually if its so laughable. That cost no gems and people that know their class can entirerly swap a build and gear in less than a minute.

This is the same as saying that the infinite tools for 800x3 gems are laughable. You can just as well buy regular tools right?

Yet people buy tons of infinite tools for the convienience and minor boons, nearly everyone that mine seem to bloody have them.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@blambidy.3216 said:400 gems to swap over traits and skills per character is laughable.Then just do it manually if its so laughable. That cost no gems and people that know their class can entirerly swap a build and gear in less than a minute.

This is the same as saying that the infinite tools for 800x3 gems are laughable. You can just as well buy regular tools right?

Yet people buy tons of infinite tools for the convienience and minor boons, nearly everyone that mine seem to bloody have them.

It’s really not that easy if you have legendary gear. It isn’t just 1 click. It’s more clicks then ascended which is a problem.

Honestly I do feel Infinite gathering tools are laughable since I don’t use them. It’s like 4 silver a gathering tool. But your spending 25$ for something that is so cheap in game. You can also use laurels for gathering tools that have 250 till it breaks. But lets not go there. I won’t disagree with people buying them. But saying it’s just 1 click Is oblivious to legendary gear, and swapping back and forth from harrier gear to berserker gear. It’s not close to 1 click.