Why Balancing the game in WvW from broken extreme annoying builds

Mikhael.2391

@Mikhael.2391 said:Why Balancing the game in WvW from broken extreme annoying builds more used for ROAMING and small scale (one shot mesmers, unkilable rangers, runaway warriors, one shot thiefs or dodging forever ones while dealling damage) would be bad ?

Looking for honest answer since in my opinion making these builds disappear or nerfed severely would have no affect on the zerg brainlesss fights anyway and would make the small ( because people still think its small when its not) groups / players more interested in playing in less numbers having a more satisfied experience.

Ofc the classes mentioned above will be the first ones disagreeing with this but it is to be expected on these posts.

Broken compared to what? Zergbuilds?

These builds are fine in their niche when compared to each other, when will we nerf zerg builds so my ranger can zerg too?

There are oneshot, balanced and bunker builds all viable for roaming right now, so whats the problem?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:As someone who doesn't rely on numbers for their fights, I will jump in outnumbered, not because I think I will win, but to see how long I can last / how long until I can down one. If I can get the kill (ie stomp) and peace out alive, Ive already won. Its a test of my skill and/or survivability.

The only problem is that as a necro you will manage to pull that off only if the other players are terrible, unlike if you are in a mesmer for ex that has much better synergy and survival plus amazing burst damage as well but allows you to best other classes such as necro when outnumbered by them even if the players are on same skill lvl.

If anything they can get in and out of the fight by stealth and teleports making you exaust your cds.

Are you sure the problem is necromancer and not you?

When mastered, the necromancer is the kitten thing to go against...look at the video! None of the classes you mentioned won against a single reaper, none of them!Necromancer tool set is mostly insta cast with chain triggering of traits....ofc people will ask for more but again...that's normal for a MMO

Ok if you are showing me a video with playing against worst players than the necro ofc you everyone thinks its fine.

How did those thieves died to a necro is beyond me, thieves xan pretty much shutdown necro with inturrupts.

And the other classes are the same.

So its really easy to say the class is fine if you show me someone beating players that are not on the same skill level.

Not once they inturrupted the chill elite when it clearly was being casted nor the heall to consume condis.

And about cast times, staff should have all marks instant, the wells of healling and also plus no need to target and and just rise at the location of the necro, teleport worm has horrible cast tim and easy to inturrupt aswell and the list goes on.

builds are not issue. population is. so what someone runs a cheese build you go on your way and find others to fight or you log out and play another game. problem is you have 10 vs 50. this is the problem with this game mode. links ruined this game mode/ know why people are leaving ? because fighting outnumbered or fighting tower lords cause you do the outnumbering isn't fun anymore

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:As someone who doesn't rely on numbers for their fights, I will jump in outnumbered, not because I think I will win, but to see how long I can last / how long until I can down one. If I can get the kill (ie stomp) and peace out alive, Ive already won. Its a test of my skill and/or survivability.

The only problem is that as a necro you will manage to pull that off only if the other players are terrible, unlike if you are in a mesmer for ex that has much better synergy and survival plus amazing burst damage as well but allows you to best other classes such as necro when outnumbered by them even if the players are on same skill lvl.

If anything they can get in and out of the fight by stealth and teleports making you exaust your cds.

Are you sure the problem is necromancer and not you?

When mastered, the necromancer is the kitten thing to go against...look at the video! None of the classes you mentioned won against a single reaper, none of them!Necromancer tool set is mostly insta cast with chain triggering of traits....ofc people will ask for more but again...that's normal for a MMO

I absolutely suck in 1v1, and I have never lost to a core necro, reaper, or scourge when playing on a differing class, which mainly would have been Rev, ele, or ranger. They are so stupid easy to kill in a 1v1 scenario it's laughable. Even if they jump you, it's basically a free kill. I don't go looking for 1v1 fights (because I'm terribad), I only engage when I'm jumped.

You are also showing footage in a 1v1 scenario in WvW. WvW isn't built around 1v1 or even small scale scenarios. Anyone trying to show points for or against in small group or 1v1 scenarios is a moot point. Showing a reaper doing 1v1 against bad players (yes I've faced those guilds after they've jumped me and they are extremely easy to beat), isn't proving anything.

@briggah.7910 said:builds are not issue. population is. so what someone runs a cheese build you go on your way and find others to fight or you log out and play another game. problem is you have 10 vs 50. this is the problem with this game mode. links ruined this game mode/ know why people are leaving ? because fighting outnumbered or fighting tower lords cause you do the outnumbering isn't fun anymore

Uau so the solution is to run away when someone uses a build that should be nerfed to normal standarts, in a pvp enviroment.

So the class that is clearly worst does not need to be brought up to pair with the others, players jist need to accept that and find it fair just because.