WvW Special Events

Excursion.9752

Was talking in squad the other night and this topic came up so I figured this was the proper avenue to present the question.

Why do we not have more events like no downstate or core swap?

It does not necessarily need to be a week long event but maybe something to throw in during the "off days" of the week to bring people to play outside of reset.

So my questions to you is would you be interested in something like this and do you have any other ideas for an event?

My idea is to have a random downstate event. Where sometimes you are downed and sometimes you are not. It would be like a fatal blow vs a flesh wound. They could even combine the two have a core swap / downstate mix.

I just want something to spice it up every now and then.

@"Excursion.9752" said:Was talking in squad the other night and this topic came up so I figured this was the proper avenue to present the question.

Why do we not have more events like no downstate or core swap?

It does not necessarily need to be a week long event but maybe something to throw in during the "off days" of the week to bring people to play outside of reset.

So my questions to you is would you be interested in something like this and do you have any other ideas for an event?

My idea is to have a random downstate event. Where sometimes you are downed and sometimes you are not. It would be like a fatal blow vs a flesh wound. They could even combine the two have a core swap / downstate mix.

I just want something to spice it up every now and then.

I agree with you that events in WvW can bring some "peace" in order to give the devs. the time to work to the Alliance system (if they trully workon this) or to fix the other problems of WvW.

But the No Downstate event is an event loved by one part of the WvW players and hated by other part. That means this kind of event cannot bring something good. In the moment you introduce something making a part of the players discontent you cannot say you made something good for the mode. The same thing for the Core Swap event - some love it, some don't.

In my opinion adding events for all players is better than adding "controversial" events.I mean, something like XP + XP or XP + Repeatable skirmish track or XP simple. An event giving you only XP is better for the WvW community (in my opinion) than an XP + No Downstate

The likely want to stagger those events so they don't overlap with new content in other game modes. For instance they would likely not want to have a double XP / no downed state event going on during a festival, PvE event like boss blitz, or right after a new LW season launches, as it would draw players in multiple directions at once.

Probably see the next one around mid/end November, a few weeks after the new LW episode has launched but before they release Wintersday stuff.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:The likely want to stagger those events so they don't overlap with new content in other game modes.This works well in theory. But the fact of the matter is most people that prefer one game mode or the other do not pay much attention to what the other game type is doing. At least in the circles that I run with. WvW will always lose people day one of any new event. But most people are back by day 3 after they got their meta reward. As for WvW having an event any strict PvE player does not even care what is going on in the game mode because they simply do not like nor want to play the game mode.

These events don't need to be a week long they could just be for a day to help keep it fresh and people interested in playing each day.