best way to get Ascended :)+more

noiwk.2760

guys new player here . now i want to work on Ascended gear i wonder if someone here can please explain the best way to get Ascended each part where and how :) ty. some people say Wvw some say WvW is bad .. some say Wvw is best cause can be upgraded into legendary later and so on.. some say some stuff on Living world seasons. some say you get from Achiv or Trinkests from fractals . it all gets confusing so if someone can really explain it all i will appreciate it !

also ! im trying to figure out the profitable stuff to do in the game. what metas are farmed for gold/items and some tips about stuff i should do or look into !i think this game can be really confusing once you are lvl 80 !thanks alot for anyone that help !

@"noiwk.2760" said:guys new player here . now i want to work on Ascended gear i wonder if someone here can please explain the best way to get Ascended each part where and how :) ty. some people say Wvw some say WvW is bad .. some say Wvw is best cause can be upgraded into legendary later and so on.. some say some stuff on Living world seasons. some say you get from Achiv or Trinkests from fractals . it all gets confusing so if someone can really explain it all i will appreciate it !

also ! im trying to figure out the profitable stuff to do in the game. what metas are farmed for gold/items and some tips about stuff i should do or look into !i think this game can be really confusing once you are lvl 80 !thanks alot for anyone that help !

The best way to get your first armor set is either to craft it or earn it in sPvP.PvP is the fastest way but if you don't enjoy that then crafting (but you will still have to craft the marks).WvW is a poor way to gear in ascended. In 800 levels I saw maybe 10 armor chests drop. While that is better than the rate of ascended drops in PvE it's still painfully slow. The path to earning them with Skirmish Claim tickets is also pretty slow and not that much of a savings over crafting.

Rings, accessories, backpacks and amulets can be earned by farming map currencies of S3 maps. Bitterfrost Frontier is your absolute best choice for this. Having an alt that can farm the currencies when you hit the daily caps is a good idea if you want it "now".

The Knight of the Thorn quest that opens once you finish Heart of Thorns gives you an essentially free ascended weapon (though limited in types).The Path of Fire Elite specialization collections also offer an essentially free, easy to get Ascended weapon.

As for profitable metas, Dragonfall and Silverwastes are currently the popular go-tos.

@"Ultramex.1506" said:Run fractal, chances are you get a armor box drop plus

I've been running T4 fractals, almost daily for awhile now... I've gotten 2 or 3 ascended shoulder pieces and rings of useless stats.This isn't good advice for someone with no ascended gear to begin with.

it's cheaper to craft them using Grandmaster mark with fractal currency.

But fractal currency is very slow to gain..again, this isn't helpful for someone without any ascended armor.Better off crafting ascended via pvp/wvw or just straight up craft it.You're not saving that much via the marks, (10g per mal, for tsilers, you need 3, so that's only half off) especially when you consider the time to earn the other currency vs farming a meta for gold.

At OP, for armor/weps, there isn't entirely a best way.I will say that earning the gold and doing your daily "ecto" crafting is the fastest. And probably the easiest for armor stats like zojjas. But for ascended vipers/harriers, getting the recipe can be a pain.These ones it can be easier/cheaper to do them via wvw/pvp.I have found doing them through fractals to be very slow and time consuming and not really worth it. The fastest for me has been wvw.

For trinkets, LS 3 maps are the place to go

Profitable metas: afaikSilver wastesAuric BasinDragon StandIstan(once daily)Dragonfall

Fractals are profitableto do daily too and you don't really need ascended gear for Tier 1.

ty so much guys ! that really is alot of advises and stuff i should learn how to do! for living world season 3 . should i finish Hot story first? if so thats quite some timecurrently guys i got.. 1 Ascended armor box i found in Wvw and i got enough memory of battles and Skimrish to buy 1 MistForged Ascended gear on wvw npcso i guess thats 2 pieces down. i find making gold really hard as new player . i did watch all possible videos of it and i can see how it turns easy eventually.but i feel not so much for new player whos still learning. and did not much..i think at lvl 80 new player is kinda lost .. and he need to walk around getting useful wps without even knowing whats usefulnot understanding the metas (some of them) or knowing when and how to get there.
or the order or how stuff done.. i guess ill slowly try to learn.as for gear i want to get Magi or maybe some Nomad's ? not sure.. i want Scourge+ Tempest full support for Fractals. so i want to be tanky and support.
for open world i made weaver so zeker for now exotic. i hear anything that isnt fractals i can jsut keep to exotic for a long whileif you guys got any tip for me of what i should be doing now at lvl 80 and at which order.. ill really appreciate it ! ty

@"noiwk.2760" said:ty so much guys ! that really is alot of advises and stuff i should learn how to do! for living world season 3 . should i finish Hot story first? if so thats quite some time

Thats personal. If you care about story order than you should do HoT first...but if you dont, you can just jump into LS3(if you've bought the episodes).

not understanding the metas (some of them) or knowing when and how to get there.

Don't worry about getting ascended just yet, then just continue playing openworld.

as for gear i want to get Magi or maybe some Nomad's ? not sure.. i want Scourge+ Tempest full support for Fractals. so i want to be tanky and support.

You don't want to be tanky...Toughness is not helpful.Here's a site for meta fractal builds. https://discretize.eu/builds/

alternatively www.snowcrows.com for meta raids.

or https://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wikifor a mix and some viable alternatives.

for open world i made weaver so zeker for now exotic. i hear anything that isnt fractals i can jsut keep to exotic for a long whileMost of tier one fractals can stay exotics too...

Ascended weapons give largest stat difference, its still neglible

if you guys got any tip for me of what i should be doing now at lvl 80 and at which order.. ill really appreciate it ! ty

Just do whats fun. I would continue with story, learns the map metas. Continue with wvw.. dont worry about endgame too much.

Oh, your wvw build will likely be different to your fractal build, do be aware of that when you're choosing stats.

@Taygus.4571 said:

@"noiwk.2760" said:ty so much guys ! that really is alot of advises and stuff i should learn how to do! for living world season 3 . should i finish Hot story first? if so thats quite some time

Thats personal. If you care about story order than you should do HoT first...but if you dont, you can just jump into LS3(if you've bought the episodes).

not understanding the metas (some of them) or knowing when and how to get there.

Don't worry about getting ascended just yet, then just continue playing openworld.

as for gear i want to get Magi or maybe some Nomad's ? not sure.. i want Scourge+ Tempest full support for Fractals. so i want to be tanky and support.

You don't want to be tanky...Toughness is not helpful.Here's a site for meta fractal builds.

or
for a mix and some viable alternatives.

for open world i made weaver so zeker for now exotic. i hear anything that isnt fractals i can jsut keep to exotic for a long whileMost of tier one fractals can stay exotics too...

if you guys got any tip for me of what i should be doing now at lvl 80 and at which order.. ill really appreciate it ! ty

Just do whats fun. I would continue with story, learns the map metas. Continue with wvw.. dont worry about endgame too much.

Oh, your wvw build will likely be different to your fractal build, do be aware of that when you're choosing stats.

ty, thats a really good advice . i guess ill take the geating abit slower. and learn the game abit more.. but i still plan to work to get them.

do you recommend buying living world 2 right now? i hear its not needed as much as 3/4 i guess i should get the needed and important Wps and learn the metas and how to play this game. while spending some of the time into looking to gear up. and i need to learn about mastrery where to and how and which are important to unlock.. getting mounts and all.. thanks alot

@noiwk.2760 said:

@noiwk.2760 said:ty so much guys ! that really is alot of advises and stuff i should learn how to do! for living world season 3 . should i finish Hot story first? if so thats quite some time

You don't want to be tanky...Toughness is not helpful.Here's a site for meta fractal builds.

or
for a mix and some viable alternatives.

ty, thats a really good advice . i guess ill take the geating abit slower. and learn the game abit more.. but i still plan to work to get them.

do you recommend buying living world 2 right now? i hear its not needed as much as 3/4 i guess i should get the needed and important Wps and learn the metas and how to play this game. while spending some of the time into looking to gear up. and i need to learn about mastrery where to and how and which are important to unlock.. getting mounts and all.. thanks alot

only get lw2 if you like the story

Mastery points are earned in Core, HoT, Pof. They are seperate, you can't earn pof mastery points and unlock Hot.

You need experience (like leveling up) and Mastery Insights. The wiki if helpful if you need more info.

To echo ButcherofMalakir's suggestions... I earned my first three Ascended weapons from the Knight of Thorn achievement. This achievement rewards the Regrown Caladbolg, which can be turned into an ascended dagger, greatsword, scepter, shield, or sword.

I collected my next few ascended weapons from either crafting or the Elite specialization equipment collection achievements. As a side note, if you decide that you want to craft ascended gear/weapons with HoT stats, it's typically cheaper to craft stats from the base game and then convert them to HoT stats via stat changing Mystic Forge recipe.

Other helpful websites I've used:https://metabattle.com/wiki/Guide:How_to_Gear_a_Characterhttp://guidescroll.com/2016/12/guild-wars-2-ascended-gearing-guide/https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Tanetris/So_You_Want_To_Gear_a_Characterhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_crafting

thank you guys ! thats really nice of you to help ! ill look into that and try to do it! ill try go on with HoT > LWS3 > PoF >LVWS4 while also still doing some Wve or maybe some fractals too . to try and learn abit about the game.. abit annoyed about how much i need to walk to get WPs skipped story. some of the story on my second char. there is just so much to learn :)) and hopefully i will learn whats importtant in time. so i appreciate the help here and advices

i will still appreciate and welcome any useful tip and stuff i should look at or learn or try to do. :))

@"JSmooth.7654" said:

As a side note, if you decide that you want to craft ascended gear/weapons with HoT stats, it's typically cheaper to craft stats from the base game and then convert them to HoT stats via stat changing Mystic Forge recipe.

This is mostly no longer accurate and has not been the case in a long time.

Please make use of gw2efficiency to check prices for crafting items.

The only case this is applicable is with gear which requires Fulgrite to craft and even here it's not a gold issue but rather a convenience issue due to the high account bound material requirements of Fulgrite.

If you like a challenge, completing the raid achievements will give you a full armor ascended gear"The achievement for the legendary armor"

Doing raids (which require Exotic armor with the right stats) can also give you free ascended weapons if your luckyWith a higher chance then fractals

Find a static if you want a higher chance to complete and learn them

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@"JSmooth.7654" said:

As a side note, if you decide that you want to craft ascended gear/weapons with HoT stats, it's typically cheaper to craft stats from the base game and then convert them to HoT stats via

... The only case this is applicable is with gear which requires Fulgrite to craft and even here it's not a gold issue but rather a convenience issue...

HoT stats require Fulgurite to craft (not to mention acquiring the recipe). But, it's up to you I suppose if you don't value the Obby shards.

@JSmooth.7654 said:

As a side note, if you decide that you want to craft ascended gear/weapons with HoT stats, it's typically cheaper to craft stats from the base game and then convert them to HoT stats via

... The only case this is applicable is with gear which requires Fulgrite to craft and even here it's not a gold issue but rather a convenience issue...

HoT stats require Fulgurite to craft (not to mention acquiring the recipe). But, it's up to you I suppose if you don't value the Obby shards.

Hence why I said: it's not a gold issue. Given the experience level of this player, the chance of him valuing Oby shards is low.

Chances are far higher he would have issues with the HoT materials required, which I too mentioned when referencing Fulgurite and how this is mostly a convenience issue.

hey :)) yes.. im stillnew and i did not do HoT and i rather not run after untradeable items that i need to figure out to get or farm for ages. im still new and find all the crafting and types of items complicated and confusing .. not to mention all the type of weird items in inventory that are not considered junk items but not tradeable or anything i think collection items but i dont even know if i can npc them or drop or if i need to hold on them or not...again i really do appreciate all the help and advices