stop nerfing rangers

Taboo.3625

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Substance E.4852 said:

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:I like a challenge which is why I often play weird and sub-optimal, even bad builds. Ranger is not a challenge in small scale and solo WvW.

Yes, I'm sure that's how you got to Diamond legend, playing joke builds on a ranger in WvW

You do it by playing A LOT.Like, more than anyone would do on the same toon.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:I like a challenge which is why I often play weird and sub-optimal, even bad builds. Ranger is not a challenge in small scale and solo WvW.

Yes, I'm sure that's how you got to Diamond legend, playing joke builds on a ranger in WvW

I don't understand why everyone's always so hostile in the Ranger sub. It's almost like people here are entitled.

I agree with the OP. If anything they should nerf other professions or buff ranger… The hate on ranger in this thread is amazing. This is probably the least competitive profession and all are happy.The only hope I have is : while they made some really bad decisions and overkill nerf, they made some great improvement to the QoL. I hope they have some reworks or things going on so they can buff the numbers or give it a role.

Note : I am talking about ranger in general and the balance for the past 6months.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

I don't understand why everyone's always so hostile in the Ranger sub. It's almost like people here are entitled.

Persecution complex.Some folks never question if maybe.. possibly.. It's them that is the malfunction. Even for the months soulbeast was pure godmode hardly a day passed without some ranger saying they couldn't do anything with it. XD

@LetoII.3782 said:

Persecution complex.Some folks never question if maybe.. possibly.. It's them that is the malfunction. Even for the months soulbeast was pure godmode hardly a day passed without some ranger saying they couldn't do anything with it. XD

Yeah, this is why I never visit this sub. There are victims in every profession sub but historically this one has been one of the worst. Thieves maybe more so but, at least at this point they have more reason to be.

Can't have constructive conversation here without people being so desperate to insult you that they start citing your signature to defend their lost arguments.

Yeah, this is why I never visit this sub. There are victims in every profession sub but historically this one has been one of the worst. Thieves maybe more so but, at least at this point they have more reason to be.

Can't have constructive conversation here without people being so desperate to insult you that they start citing your signature to defend their lost arguments.

You can't ask for a constructive conversation when you are coming on a class/profession forum and asking for nerfing that class. If you are going to PVP or WvW sub-forum, yes, there you can say/ask whatever you want, but when you are coming to my "house" and you are trying to impose your rules, even are just so-called opinions ... then I can tell you that you are making a big mistake. It is inappropriate and disrespectful, period!

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

You can't ask for a constructive conversation when you are coming on a class/profession forum and asking for nerfing that class. If you are going to PVP or WvW sub-forum, yes, there you can say/ask whatever you want, but when you are coming to my "house" and you are trying to impose your rules, even are just so-called opinions ... then I can tell you that you are making a big mistake. It is inappropriate and disrespectful, period!

Lol wait, so profession forums exist explicitly for asking for buffs but not nerfs? Yeah, about that...There are individual profession subforums created specifically to organize discussion based on specific professions, and it stops there. It is not your "house" by any stretch of your imagination. You do not own the subforum; discussion of nerfs is still discussion, period. Inappropriate and disrespectful to talk about profession-specific nerds in the specific profession-specific subforum it is pertaining to? Jesus H Christ.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Lol wait, so profession forums exist explicitly for asking for buffs but not nerfs? Yeah, about that...There are individual profession subforums created specifically to organize discussion based on specific professions, and it stops there. It is not your "house" by any stretch of your imagination. You do not own the subforum; discussion of nerfs is still discussion, period. Inappropriate and disrespectful to talk about profession-specific nerds in the specific profession-specific subforum it is pertaining to? Jesus H Christ.

Don't call Jesus here, it is not the place and neither the moment for call him. I think you are lost in the wrong place/house/church.You must keep in mind that it is a big difference between balancing and nerfing a class. The title of thread specifies clearly that ppl must stop with these of avalanche of nerfing.I don't care what do you think or not, I keep my opinion, and definitely I'll not argue on Ranger forum with a Revenant player. Take it or leave it!

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Lol wait, so profession forums exist explicitly for asking for buffs but not nerfs? Yeah, about that...There are individual profession subforums created specifically to organize discussion based on specific professions, and it stops there. It is not your "house" by any stretch of your imagination. You do not own the subforum; discussion of nerfs is still discussion, period. Inappropriate and disrespectful to talk about profession-specific nerds in the specific profession-specific subforum it is pertaining to? Jesus H Christ.

Don't call Jesus here, it is not the place and neither the moment for call him. I think you are lost in the wrong place/house/church.You must keep in mind that it is a big difference between balancing and nerfing a class. The title of thread specifies clearly that ppl must stop with these of avalanche of nerfing.I don't care what do you think or not, I keep my opinion, and definitely I'll not argue on Ranger forum with a Revenant player. Take it or leave it!

You're aware you can have multiple classes, yes?For pvp/WvW it's actually a really good idea to know how every class works... Maybe things have degenerated enough now in pvp where clueless is par.

Let me set things straight.

This thread was initially created in the WvW sub. My first comment was stating that previously, Soulbeast was overperforming and those who got used to it should have expected it to eventually be nerfed.

I didn't ask for nerfs and very rarely do I explicitly ask for something to be nerfed without suggesting reasonable ways to do so. Most times I've visited this sub I've been insulted in some way or another despite not saying anything that should warrant such an attitude. Those discussions were so long ago however, I can't bring up any examples because I stopped coming here probably before the "new" forum was even created. And unsurprisingly, nothing here has changed.

I know not everyone in the Ranger sub is a complete jerk, but enough are that avoid this place like the plague. This entire string of conversation just reinforces my feeling towards it. One person quotes me making assumptions about things I play and how it's ironic. I provide evidence of otherwise and am in no way attempting to start an argument. And it still devolves in to insults from there.

Anyway I'm done here. If people want to keep quoting me go nuts. I shouldn't have even bothered to disprove the person who quoted me as it doesn't make a difference in the truth of the matter.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:...Let me set things straight.

This thread was initially created in the WvW sub. My first comment was stating that previously, Soulbeast was overperforming and those who got used to it should have expected it to eventually be nerfed.

I didn't ask for nerfs and very rarely do I explicitly ask for something to be nerfed without suggesting reasonable ways to do so. Most times I've visited this sub I've been insulted in some way or another despite not saying anything that should warrant such an attitude. Those discussions were so long ago however, I can't bring up any examples because I stopped coming here probably before the "new" forum was even created. And unsurprisingly, nothing here has changed.

I know not everyone in the Ranger sub is a complete jerk, but enough are that avoid this place like the plague. This entire string of conversation just reinforces my feeling towards it. One person quotes me making assumptions about things I play and how it's ironic. I provide evidence of otherwise and am in no way attempting to start an argument. And it still devolves in to insults from there.

Anyway I'm done here. If people want to keep quoting me go nuts. I shouldn't have even bothered to disprove the person who quoted me as it doesn't make a difference in the truth of the matter.

I apologize if I offended you. I didn't say that you asked for nerf, I said in general. But I still keep my idea that it is inappropriate for someone to comes on a class forum and ask for a nerf, instead of coming with a solution. When someone asks to nerf something, he must come with a solution, what Anet should do so the class still be balanced and class could be playable after the change. Again, I am not saying that Ranger is not playable after the patch, the class it is still powerful. But the way ppl are asking only nerf that, nerf this on Ranger, is not constructive and benefic for this class at all. See what happened with Druid after all those requests of nerfing.

@LetoII.3782 said:

lul wut? Is this a joke post?

People got to higher than that by just spamming pre-change staff 1 on guardian. You just spam AOE's into a zerg to get maximum tags for bags and WXP

Ranger is probably the worst possible class in the game to tag multiple people on in a zerg and only got worse as the anti-projectile hate power creep grew after HoT.

Even thief could just spam cluster bomb / vault into a zerg for maximum tagging if they wanted to

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:...Let me set things straight.

I didn't
ask
for nerfs and very rarely do I explicitly ask for something to be nerfed without suggesting reasonable ways to do so. Most times I've visited this sub I've been insulted in some way or another despite not saying anything that should warrant such an attitude. Those discussions were so long ago however, I can't bring up any examples because I stopped coming here probably before the "new" forum was even created. And unsurprisingly, nothing here has changed.

I apologize if I offended you. I didn't say that you asked for nerf, I said in general. But I still keep my idea that it is inappropriate for someone to comes on a class forum and ask for a nerf, instead of coming with a solution. When someone asks to nerf something, he must come with a solution, what Anet should do so the class still be balanced and class could be playable after the change. Again, I am not saying that Ranger is not playable after the patch, the class it is still powerful. But the way ppl are asking only nerf that, nerf this on Ranger, is not constructive and benefic for this class at all. See what happened with Druid after all those requests of nerfing.

Don't bother to apologize, you can see post of this dude hating ranger at the minimal opportunity. It is so tiresome. It would be fantastic if they could stay in their subforums if they are just here for trolling the ppl.

IMO those nerfs are there because the @systemsteam doesn't know what to make of the ranger class. The core profession is an projectile based class, with 1500 access from the dawn of time.Shortbow had a reach of 1200.Axe MH hit 3 targets.Traps where throwable (which was a mean to get ranged AoE) and spirits followed you.Strength of the pack pulse the boons.

I would really like to keep the same ideals the original design. Or at least to sit down and decide what they want the ranger excel at.Because right now it can do nothing well.

@Substance E.4852 said:

lul wut? Is this a joke post?

People got to higher than that by just spamming pre-change staff 1 on guardian.

You're unaware there is no higher rank than diamond legend?

You just spam AOE's into a zerg to get maximum tags for bags and WXP

Ranger is probably the worst possible class in the game to tag multiple people on in a zerg and only got worse as the anti-projectile hate power creep grew after HoT.

Even thief could just spam cluster bomb / vault into a zerg for maximum tagging if they wanted to

Did point out multiple classes were involved. But I'll also point out both diamond legends I play with regularly did so on ranger and thief. Many choose the path of least resistance, some just actually play the game a lot lot lot.

Rangers damage output really hasn't changed much since the beginning . I've even had arguments about the amount of access to Fury. Only the first 20% is applied all other applications of fury stack duration . None of the recent nerfs were warranted. It,s a misconception of heavy damage because of the current meta .To many glassy builds. The added 40% that sic'em added was nominal against a properly setup build but dangerous against anything glassy without boon protection. Also considering the amount of shared projectile denial (retaliation ,barrier ,reflection ,blocks) that exits ,removal of unblock able entering beastmode was also unwarranted.Breaking a core weapons ,like Great Sword and Long bow that have had the same damage and range for 7 years also unwarranted.Predominantly where the complaints came from glassy unskilled players whining they got put down by a glassy ranger.Every single video posted has been debunked because every single complaint was from people not set up properly for roaming alone .Rangers became the the best effective way to hold pressure on the current meta blobs and people didn't like it. People just want to cling to the stupid overpowered firebrand scourge meta without opposition because its stupid easy.No one wants to be self reliant ,they want other people to carry them so they cry nerfs where nerfs aren't needed .