Give Us A Mixed PVP/PVE/WvW MAP

SeikeNz.3526

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@"Dante.1763" said:Yup, nope, the minute you said carebear i really lost all interest in your topic(Actually no, i had no interest to begin with. You want PVE/PVP mixed, go to WVW.

where is the pve element of wvw? i never saw it

Here are PvE events the Alpine battlegrounds
Killing the Veteran Harpy, Wurm or Warg

I’m not familiar with the Desert map. It has Veteran mobs to kill and as I recall it had a big PvE event in the center of the map which was later removed.

not pve sorry just filler, theres no real goal on doing that

It’s an event. You kill mobs and gain karma and the mobs drop loot. How is it different from pve?

why no one will waste their time on it, who need karma, who need trash items? where is the fun on killing trash mobs?, there's no point on it, that's why no one do it, you need real events with epic fights and epic loot to pvp/pve mixed map work, they should at least should give a territory for the world that kill it

No, that’s not how PvE works. PvE events range from small to large. Just because it’s not huge doesn’t mean those events are not PvE.

Note the descriptionDefeat the centaur leader is a level 80
event
that occurs in Blackwicker Territory/Brownmane Territory/Eboneigh Territory.

Click on event on the wiki and it sends you to a page on Dynamic Events, which is how PvE events are set up.

You asked where the PvE events are and I showed you. Just because WvW players aren’t interested in PvE events and don’t do it because it’s a waste of their time doesn’t make it not a PvE event.

tell me if they turn all pve mobs in all maps into rats who will play it?no one because that will be boring, that's the same what happens in wvw maps, they are rats, trash mobs, so no one care about it

Do you even know how to discuss something?

You asked where the PvE events in WvW areI gave linksThen you said they are not PvE but fillerI gave links showing the definition as being events, which means it’s a dynamic event, and showed a PvE reward tableThen you’re saying nooooo it’s not because it’s small and boring. Only big events count.

Quit moving the goalposts. There are PvE events in WvW. The size of the PvE event isn’t important and isn’t what you originally asked, which was what PvE events are in WvW.

even if they are pve by definition they are filler no matter how you try to describe it, they are just there because they throw it there

Just because you don’t like them or think they shouldn’t be there doesn’t mean they aren’t PvE events. PvE events are still PvE events even if WvW players don’t find them rewarding to do or think they should be on WvW maps.

Here is an article about Dynamic Events:
I suggest you read it over in order to learn what makes something a PvE event.

They are just fillers for the scenario to the map feel more alive

Exactly. All PvE events are content that is used to make the map feel alive.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Menadena.7482 said:Umm, no?

PVE players will not use it because they do not want to get ganked doing PVE stuff.

PVP players will not use it because they will see it as diluting PVP.

WVW players will just laugh.

Who is this actually FOR?

for the players that like both pve and pvp, wvw players are not even worth mentioning since they play the most broken boring mode ever made in any game

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

PVE players will not use it because they do not want to get ganked doing PVE stuff.

for the players that like both pve and pvp, wvw players are not even worth mentioning since they play the most broken boring mode ever made in any game

AKA Gankers. Players who want to sit there and kill players without running a risk of dying. Menadena is correct about who will use it. Once upon a time ANET tried to have a portion of the Silverwastes map be a PVP/PVE area where if you paid the bandits you appeared as an enemy to other players, the amount of (Actual proper) complaints was so much they disabled it due to people sitting there trolling players, and thats all that would happen here.

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

Oh? I thought PVP was the most boring mode ever made in any game? :)

I am a PVE player. Open world PVPVE is a showstopper for me when I am looking at games.

@Menadena.7482 said:

I am a PVE player. Open world PVPVE is a showstopper for me when I am looking at games.

that's why they need do it a alternative map? so you can choose to play whatever you want? but if u enter in a map with pvp enabled you cant complain

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

that's why they need do it a alternative map? so you can choose to play whatever you want? but if u enter in a map with pvp enabled you cant complain

So sort of like, oh, separating PVP and PVE and WVW maps? Maybe someone should suggest that to anet. :)

@Menadena.7482 said:

So sort of like, oh, separating PVP and PVE and WVW maps? Maybe someone should suggest that to anet. :)

you sound like " i don't want anet doing a new pvp map for others players because i don't play it"

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

you sound like " i don't want anet doing a new pvp map for others players because i don't play it"

Oh, I have no problem with a new PVP map if that is what your community really wants and it does not affect planned development of the other game modes. Assuming there is a PVP team tell them that is what you need, do not try to co-opt the teams on other projects, kay? I DO have a problem with PVPVE maps though as I have seen games that implemented them. While it is technically optional to stay out of them all the good PVE content eventually is only in those style of maps. If I am battling a mob the last thing I need is a roaming bunch of gankers going after me.

@Menadena.7482 said:

Oh, I have no problem with a new PVP map if that is what your community really wants and it does not affect planned development of the other game modes. Assuming there is a PVP team tell them that is what you need, do not try to co-opt the teams on other projects, kay? I DO have a problem with PVPVE maps though as I have seen games that implemented them. While it is technically optional to stay out of them all the good PVE content eventually is only in those style of maps. If I am battling a mob the last thing I need is a roaming bunch of gankers going after me.

well that can't be the case of gw because the max item that you can get is a legendary and you can get it without doing any pvp at all and there's alot of content for pve only players, so adding other forms of game modes will be a plus

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@"Dante.1763" said:Yup, nope, the minute you said carebear i really lost all interest in your topic(Actually no, i had no interest to begin with. You want PVE/PVP mixed, go to WVW.

I’m not familiar with the Desert map. It has Veteran mobs to kill and as I recall it had a big PvE event in the center of the map which was later removed.

Not at all a filler. That is PvM (PvE to you younlings). I love roaming around the open world and finding those mini-events. Quite often someone tags them and a lot of people show up to kill the boss. That is a PvE event. It seems that you may not be the target demographic. But that is exactly what I play for. Thus we see why PvPers and PvMers never see eye to eye - completely different ideas on what a game should be - they really do not mix well.

As for the OP, if the devs can make a small zone like that to see if it catches on... sure, why not. I do not see it catching on, except maybe with a very minute niche audience, so hardly worth taking dev time away from the core game. Actually what you describe sounds like the way Arenanet describes WvW.

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

well that can't be the case of gw because the max item that you can get is a legendary and you can get it without doing any pvp at all and there's alot of content for pve only players, so adding other forms of game modes will be a plus

sigh You really do not get it.

Most people do NOT want this idea. We are not anti-PVP, we are anti allowing ganking on PVE maps. Yes, you may say this is optional but eventually it will not be because all the best content is in the PVPVE maps. Why should gw2 be any different than every other game that has tried this idea?

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

Not if it comes at the expense of all of the other game modes and isn't likely to have more fans than any of the other game modes alone.

Especially when 2 of the 3 modes they have are hurting.

PvP hasn't gotten a new mode in ages, if at all. I don't PvP, but I know I haven't heard or seen anything about a new PvP mode. That's 7 years of the same mode over and over and over again. For some reason ANet doesn't let groups of 5 queue up for PvP matches in ranked, I think. I don't PvP and I don't know what ANet was thinking with that. Sure some groups may be better than each other due to their teamwork, but isn't that what the PvP ranks are for? To keep similarly skilled groups fighting against each other and not with groups that are much stronger or weaker than they are? Why find PvP friends if you can't play with them on a regular basis and may end up fighting against them instead on a regular basis?

WvW has a population imbalance problem that has caused huge population retention issues which only causes more population imbalances as people try to find populated, winning servers. Yet, ANet doesn't seem to be trying to figure out how to fix WvW beyond Alliances and they are taking their sweet time with that and not being very open about the status. This is a case where their policy of being tight lipped until things are about to be released is biting them in the rear. They need to be more open about the progress and ask for feedback on things. And then take that feedback and apply it as appropriate. And if they wait too long, Alliances won't even help if the populations are too low.

And that's not even talking about the balancing issues the game has.

Until those two modes are healthier, ANet doesn't need to be adding another game mode.

@Seera.5916 said:

Not if it comes at the expense of all of the other game modes and isn't likely to have more fans than any of the other game modes alone.

Especially when 2 of the 3 modes they have are hurting.

PvP hasn't gotten a new mode in ages, if at all. I don't PvP, but I know I haven't heard or seen anything about a new PvP mode. That's 7 years of the same mode over and over and over again. For some reason ANet doesn't let groups of 5 queue up for PvP matches in ranked, I think. I don't PvP and I don't know what ANet was thinking with that. Sure some groups may be better than each other due to their teamwork, but isn't that what the PvP ranks are for? To keep similarly skilled groups fighting against each other and not with groups that are much stronger or weaker than they are? Why find PvP friends if you can't play with them on a regular basis and may end up fighting against them instead on a regular basis?

WvW has a population imbalance problem that has caused huge population retention issues which only causes more population imbalances as people try to find populated, winning servers. Yet, ANet doesn't seem to be trying to figure out how to fix WvW beyond Alliances and they are taking their sweet time with that and not being very open about the status. This is a case where their policy of being tight lipped until things are about to be released is biting them in the rear. They need to be more open about the progress and ask for feedback on things. And then take that feedback and apply it as appropriate. And if they wait too long, Alliances won't even help if the populations are too low.

And that's not even talking about the balancing issues the game has.

Until those two modes are healthier, ANet doesn't need to be adding another game mode.

Right, I never play PVP and rarely WVW but I am not against them getting some love, far from it. I just am against taking resources away from the rest of the game to develop a 4th game mode that, to be honest, probably would not attract many people long term and sounds pretty close to what WVW is already.

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@Dante.1763 said:Yup, nope, the minute you said carebear i really lost all interest in your topic(Actually no, i had no interest to begin with. You want PVE/PVP mixed, go to WVW.

where is the pve element of wvw? i never saw itThen you missed some core parts of that mode's mechanics.

Where do you think PvD got its name from? Hint: not from the pvp elements, that's for sure.

If you haven't noticed, the whole WvW mode revolves around capturing objectives on a map. Objectives defended by npcs and minibosses. One of the most effective (even if most boring) playstyles is based on doing just that - assaulting those objectives when there aren't any enemy players around.

Lol all u pvp'rs need to give up or move on to a more pvp centric mmo or game and accept that gw2 and its bulk of its players have zero interest in fighting non npc players or the challenge that comes with it. That's why anet is so pve focused and why pve is face roll easy. Hot maps were a slight challenge in some parts at best and even then there were a lot of complaints about the difficulty level jump from core maps lol.just play along or move on and leave the game to the players that enjoy the content anet pushes out. Fun is subjective after all.

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

Hold on .. you asked and you received. Whether you think that's 'valuable' PVE or not is irrelevant. That content IS there for no other purpose except PVE. Don't dismiss what is obvious if you want people to take you seriously.