Easiest Mastery Points to get?

GW Noob.6038

I've got all the MPs from insights and map completion, so aside from those what are some of the easiest ways to get 5 MP for Central Tyria? I think there are 2 for doing jumping puzzles, I can pay someone to help me with those, but after that I fear that there are only those that come from the dreaded LW story content...if that's the case then which are the easiest ones to get?

EDIT: thanks, guys! Great posts! I've got enough leads to keep me busy for a while...should be able to get the MPs that I need.

Without LS2, Tyrian mastery tracks are expensive to max out, since many are tied to expensive collections and higher end achievements. In the context of things, LS chapters provide supplementary MPs to make finish them easier, while those within the Main block were designed and aimed at making people completionists.

Tyrian track needs 49 MPs. 82 are available, with 16 belonging to LS2. That leaves 66 points in the main Core Tyrian content block. Juging by how far you've gotten, you've probably already cleared the Fractal, Personal Story and Silverwastes/Dry top. Without knowing what you have left, its hard to say which "easy" ones are the low hanging fruit.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks

You probably already have these - but have you finished the Personal Story? There's a MP for each "chapter" (10-lvl block of story) so 8 points there.

The Silverwastes offers 5 MPs from the Legendary bosses (1 each + 1 for all). Likewise do the Golden Badge collection (very easy now with mounts, just a bit tedious) offer 1 MP.

As for the Living World MPs - half are hard, half are easy. You get 8 (1/chapter) just from completing the story - no achievements needed. So if you have Season 2 unlocked, I strongly recommend playing through it once if you're short on MPs.

There's also a few available in the Side Stories category. Transfer Chaser offers one, and it's really easy. Conservation of Magic and Justice of the Blade are harder.

If you don't have the LW2 chapters, 5 easy MPs could be:

• Lion's Arch Exterminator (longer than doing a fractal, but you can find guides/videos on yt/Dulfy to do it alone. Also you'll get a Dragonite ore eater.)
  • Transfer Chaser
  • Slaughter in the Swamp (1 MP just for killing Tequatl)
  • Hidden Garden (this is a joke if you have a skyscale, otherwise skip it)
  • The Annihilator / The Be-All and the End-All / The Demolisher / The Executioner / The Tormentor (in theory they are very easy. The problem is that since we have the mounts, these legendary bosses die in seconds after that someone types in world chat the location, so you have to camp their spawning spots)
  • If you don't mind some fractal, at tier 1: Carrier Cacophony (fract 8), Open Grave (fract 20, just mention the achievement and you may quit before the boss. You can do it also with 0 Agony Resistance), Out of Cluck (fract 4, this is also very used for easy MP, just mention "kill chickens" in LFG), Take a Bow (fract 6, just use /bow at the end of the fractal)

@"starlinvf.1358" said:Without LS2, Tyrian mastery tracks are expensive to max out, since many are tied to expensive collections and higher end achievements. In the context of things, LS chapters provide supplementary MPs to make finish them easier, while those within the Main block were designed and aimed at making people completionists.

Tyrian track needs 49 MPs. 82 are available, with 16 belonging to LS2. That leaves 66 points in the main Core Tyrian content block. Juging by how far you've gotten, you've probably already cleared the Fractal, Personal Story and Silverwastes/Dry top. Without knowing what you have left, its hard to say which "easy" ones are the low hanging fruit.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks

I have looked at those but I'm not a big fan of puzzly content, so I'd like to avoid those as much as possible...unless there are some that are relatively easy to get. I've give the a closer look.

@FanOfKOTOKO.9684 said:Have you done the ones tied to the Fractals? There is a bunch of achievements that grant mastery points that doesn't require you to dive deeper than tier 1

I forgot about this, but I had to do 3-4 fractals for collections and I did get a couple of MPs from them. I'll look into the fractals again to see which ones I might be able to get.

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:You probably already have these - but have you finished the Personal Story? There's a MP for each "chapter" (10-lvl block of story) so 8 points there.

The Silverwastes offers 5 MPs from the Legendary bosses (1 each + 1 for all). Likewise do the Golden Badge collection (very easy now with mounts, just a bit tedious) offer 1 MP.

As for the Living World MPs - half are hard, half are easy. You get 8 (1/chapter) just from completing the story - no achievements needed. So if you have Season 2 unlocked, I strongly recommend playing through it once if you're short on MPs.

There's also a few available in the Side Stories category. Transfer Chaser offers one, and it's really easy. Conservation of Magic and Justice of the Blade are harder.

Did the personal story, yes...that's why i hate doing the LW story content. As far a Silverwastes goes, I have done the meta there many times, so if those bosses are a part of that, then yes I've got those ones. As I recall, though, there is a legendary boss that spawns very rarely...I look at my achievements again to see if I have it already.

As for LW 2, I'll take a closer look at that to see if #1 I have them, and/or #2 if I can get them.

@"Urud.4925" said:If you don't have the LW2 chapters, 5 easy MPs could be:

• Lion's Arch Exterminator (longer than doing a fractal, but you can find guides/videos on yt/Dulfy to do it alone. Also you'll get a Dragonite ore eater.)
  • Transfer Chaser
  • Slaughter in the Swamp (1 MP just for killing Tequatl)
  • Hidden Garden (this is a joke if you have a skyscale, otherwise skip it)
  • The Annihilator / The Be-All and the End-All / The Demolisher / The Executioner / The Tormentor (in theory they are very easy. The problem is that since we have the mounts, these legendary bosses die in seconds after that someone types in world chat the location, so you have to camp their spawning spots)
  • If you don't mind some fractal, at tier 1: Carrier Cacophony (fract 8), Open Grave (fract 20, just mention the achievement and you may quit before the boss. You can do it also with 0 Agony Resistance), Out of Cluck (fract 4, this is also very used for easy MP, just mention "kill chickens" in LFG), Take a Bow (fract 6, just use /bow at the end of the fractal)

I started doing the 'Lion's Arch Exterminator' a long time ago but dropped it when I got to the jumping puzzle part. :)

"The Annihilator / The Be-All and the End-All / The Demolisher / The Executioner / The Tormentor" I only have one of these, 'The Annihilator'...think I'll go to Silverwastes and see if I can grab one or two more.

I'm gunna leave the fractal ones for later.

@"Dayra.7405" said:

• kill tequatl
  • kill karka queen
  • each of the 3 heads of the Bloodtide Coast worm gives a MP
  • each of the 8 personal story chapters give a point on completion

Hard Boss timer, 2nd line: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timersAll: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks

Been so long since I've played that I forgot about getting the boss MPs. But, yeah, I have all of those already.

@GW Noob.6038 said:I started doing the 'Lion's Arch Exterminator' a long time ago but dropped it when I got to the jumping puzzle part. :)I'm gunna leave the fractal ones for later.Right, I forgot there's a JP part. However you should be able to use the springer now, at least climbing on some other high point and then glide.About fractals, if you don't want to bother anyone, you could try the 20 alone: they are normal mobs with few veterans, in small groups, you may get the achiev even alone (just kill the 25-30 mobs until the boss).

@Urud.4925 said:

@GW Noob.6038 said:I started doing the 'Lion's Arch Exterminator' a long time ago but dropped it when I got to the jumping puzzle part. :)I'm gunna leave the fractal ones for later.Right, I forgot there's a JP part. However you should be able to use the springer now, at least climbing on some other high point and then glide.About fractals, if you don't want to bother anyone, you could try the 20 alone: they are normal mobs with few veterans, in small groups, you may get the achiev even alone (just kill the 25-30 mobs until the boss).

Come to think of it, I started the 'Lion's Arch Exterminator' quest before I got my mounts...I'll go back and see if I can conquer that thing this time!