New Classes/Elite Specs ideas

SoulGuardian.6203

1. Dervish: When the gods were lost they turned toward the power of dragons, deciding to fight fire with fire these ancient warriors began expanding and learning how to manipulate all forms of magic within tyria. They have memebers of all races and have become a medium armored soldier class, with the ability to change their shape and form to manage the abilities and magic they currently have access too.
    • Elite spec #1: Titans Savant. Those who are part of these legendary warriors who come from the legions of charr, have discovered a way to channel the ancient magic of long ago. Using the energy of the searing and their once gods the titans they have found that they now can manipulate the energy around them, as a devastating caster of flames that burn immemorial. The downside is how the energy changes the user to be a bloodthirsty killer over a stalwart hero...(Skills here should be focused on massive AoE, and long range casting. The form you could take could look like a flame effigy or even a Titan itself but the kicker is the chance to take damage from your spells, via and overflowing magic system. Which requires you to manage your backdraft resource for big spells to expel the building magic within you.)
    • Elite Spec #2: Lich Visage: Having traveled to elona you have learned and discovered the secrets to joko's unique form of necromancy and can even take on the form of something resembling the lich himself. Your unique take on undeath makes you something of an enigma even to necromancers, for you are more of a death knight than a necromancer. Focused on spreading plague and curses to your enemies simply by existing in the same space; Paired with your insane melee abilities and heightened movement abilities your more of a skulking horror than a scholar of the occult.(Duelist E-spec.)

! 2. Ritualist: You have been taught the ways of ancient canthan magic, and have learned how to tap into your ancestors as well as the ancestors of others through the ability to see through the veil. You surround yourself with spirits and ashes of the dead to protect, damage and heal others around you while learning the various knowledge from cultures long since gone. You are a Heavy armor caster, built around sustain and widdling down opponents with overwhelming odds and insane capabilities based around the ancestral rites of your choosing.

!* Elite Spec#1: Soul of Arah: You have learned of the ancient civilization of arah, and can call forth the ancient souls of the kings long since passed. Paired with their ashes and souls guiding you forward you have become a homage to their ancient culture. Their unique forms of rites allows you to bend souls into resources, and to form ashes into semi-sentient constructs based around their specific specialitiy. Having studied and learned some of the Olmakhan charr's sand savant abilities you pair these alongside the magic of Arah to summon the two factions who once waged war against one another as on force. They may bicker, but your will is far stronger than theirs and they shall serve you... with even the king of Arah proving to be a worthy companion in your travels.

!* Elite spec #2: Might of the Jotuun. You have learned all you can about the mighty ancient culture of the jotuun and can now call upon their kings and warriors to fight alongside you, rather than ashes the snow forms their bodies as an ancient cold swirls around you. These jotuun share wisdom, stories and help to stave off the end of the world as they offer not only their might but their knowledge to your cause. The Jotuun kings stand united behind you and as time moves forward, their legacy now lives on within you and shall never truly be forgotten.

These two classes would be needed because they simply were here long before the new additions we have; And because times have changed they must of changed as well. I feel like these two are far more thematic than engineer and guardian and would fill the desire to have classes based on lore and the world of tyria itself, using the dragons magic against them would be cool as would using the other villains or ancient cultures. It could give lore as we went along with the class and maybe have voice lines similar to the revenant when channeling the power/spirits (Ritualist should take to their chosen spirits, that would be cool. ) We also don't have an occultist class and necromancer is a necromancer, occultists are far different. These two classes could fill that niche and offer those darker type classes that we kind of lack, and have lacked since launch.

The theme, immersion and intrigue would be high with these.

@rdigeri.7935 said:

@starlinvf.1358 said:Gooooollllleeeeeeeeeeemmmmmmmem Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiideeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers!!!!

I'm intrigued, please elaborate ;)

Its been on my wish list ever since I found out the Hazmat suit was a thing. I've been floating 2 ideas for it.....

One is based on a GW1 idea I had, in which I inadvertently predicted scrapper Gyros, that used to set of clock work drones and a clockwork golem as a platform to blend the Necro and Ranger minion mechanics.

The other is basically Scruffy meets Titan Fall- Given how modern golems are all launched into combat (see Golem cannon in Straights of Devastation), and a lot of newer ones can accept pilots. The pilots utilities vary between personal defense, command type skills, and Area support skills (which also enhance the golem's ability). When piloted, those same skills gain additional trait bonuses.

I could just never figure out the optimal control scheme for the Auto pilot, wheither to design around it be a disposable asset, and if it should work on the idea of multiple golem types, or have one golem that reconfigure itself on the fly.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:Minstrel

Main mechanism: Chorus:

• F1: Chorus of restauration: For 10s, whenever you use an aria heal up to 5 nearby allies and refresh the duration of the chorus.
  • F2: Chorus of aggression: For 10s, whenever you use an aria deal damage to nearby foes and refresh the duration of the chorus.
  • F3: Chorus of salvation: for 10s, whenever you use an aria cleanse condition to nearby allies and refresh the duration of the chorus.

Unless traited, only one chorus can be active at any given time. Arias are part of the weapon skills/kit skills. No weapon swap available since there are kits.

Main hand: dagger (900 range throwing weapon), mace (melee) and sword (melee).Off hand: shield (melee), focus (900 range) and warhorn (600 range).2 handed weapon: staff (1200 range).

Utility skills:Shout, Signet, Mantra, Instrument Kit (flute, violin, guitar, tambour...), tricks

Traitlines:Singer: Damage traitlineJuggler: Precision/expertise traitlineEntertainer: defensive/CC traitlineMaestro: support traitlineChorist: Mainly buff chorus (main mechanism)

E-spec (1): Bard (Modify chorus into Balads giving raw stats while active: Balad of vitality, Balad of expertise and Balad of concentration. Shortbow/glamour)E-spec (2): Scald (Modify chorus into Warchants weakening foes: Poisonous chant, weakening chant, restraining chant. Hammer/command)E-spec (3): Solist (Modify chorus into Leitmotivs restraining the arias effects to single target, self or foe, and making them more potent. Axe/deception)

Absolutely. We need a bard class in this game. Offensive and deffensive support. With instrument as weapons kits like engi

What I would like ... since i'm totally GW1 nostalgia player.

Heavy class : paragon like class with a javelin + shield and a Land spear (could equip sword and axe too)

Medium class : a dervish like class with scythe ofc but also a staff for wind and earth magic (such as it was in GW1) dagger could fit that class too .

Light class : this one isn't one from GW1 ... I could have said Ritualist but ... i feel revenant fill already that role weirdly . and i would like more a scholar class using magic tomes (2 handed weapon) and other magical weapon ofc . Support based class with few offensive assets . A pet would feels too much like FF scholar but it looks nice .

there are my 3 (cents) classes.

• 4 weeks later...

@PeLi.5498 said:

• F1: Chorus of restauration: For 10s, whenever you use an
    aria
    heal up to 5 nearby allies and refresh the duration of the chorus.
  • F2: Chorus of aggression: For 10s, whenever you use an
    aria
    deal damage to nearby foes and refresh the duration of the chorus.
  • F3: Chorus of salvation: for 10s, whenever you use an
    aria
    cleanse condition to nearby allies and refresh the duration of the chorus.

Unless traited, only one chorus can be active at any given time.
Arias
are part of the weapon skills/kit skills. No weapon swap available since there are kits.

Main hand: dagger (900 range throwing weapon), mace (melee) and sword (melee).Off hand: shield (melee), focus (900 range) and warhorn (600 range).2 handed weapon: staff (1200 range).

Utility skills:Shout, Signet, Mantra, Instrument Kit (flute, violin, guitar, tambour...), tricks

Traitlines:Singer: Damage traitlineJuggler: Precision/expertise traitlineEntertainer: defensive/CC traitlineMaestro: support traitlineChorist: Mainly buff chorus (main mechanism)

E-spec (1): Bard (Modify chorus into Balads giving raw stats while active: Balad of vitality, Balad of expertise and Balad of concentration. Shortbow/glamour)E-spec (2): Scald (Modify chorus into Warchants weakening foes: Poisonous chant, weakening chant, restraining chant. Hammer/command)E-spec (3): Solist (Modify chorus into Leitmotivs restraining the arias effects to single target, self or foe, and making them more potent. Axe/deception)

Absolutely. We need a bard class in this game. Offensive and deffensive support. With instrument as weapons kits like engi

Me to but I rather have something a little more unique like an instrument that shoots magic lasers.

@PeLi.5498 said:

aria
    aria
    aria

Arias
are part of the weapon skills/kit skills. No weapon swap available since there are kits.

Mesmer have historically been the premiere performers of Tyria. And its the only profession that could literally be a One-man band.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Ryou.2398 said:Me to but I rather have something a little more unique like an instrument that shoots magic lasers.

I was thinking about instruments that launch sound waves more than lasers...

I like this idea.Would you add this as a sort of utility, F skills or separate weapons?Obviously there would be too many weapons to be added.I can see it better being F skills.F1 HarpF2 ViolinF3 FluteF4 BellF5 Triangle

Just off the top if my head.

What I've seen here and other GW forums and social networks, a significant amount of people want to see the Paragon, Dervish, and Ritualist back... so badly.I always wondered why ANet decided not to include those three profession in GW2.

So, I say that I would add them as Elite Specs to already existing classes.

Guardian > ParagonGain access to Spears, chants and shouts.

Utility Skills.Call down divine forces, such as Guardian Angels, Ray of Judgement, and Swords of Revealing Light ( Initial effect. Mobilise and interrupt target and surrounding foes. End effect. Inflict cripple and remove boons.)

Necromancer > DervishGain access Scythes and Dark Forces.

Utility Skills.Summon Wraiths, Skeleton Armies, and fiends such as gargoyles to aid you.

Revenant > RitualistGain access to a Right hand Axe and the Lich Legend.( Alt. Double daggers or Great Sword )

Utility Skills.Gain access to legions summoning.Gain the ability to manifest your current active legend. Eg Shiro Tagashi, that lasts for 5 minutes, or until slain in battle.Summon Legions such as militia (Swordman), Arrogance (Shielding), or the ultimate force of your current active legend (Elite Skill)

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:

@Ryou.2398 said:Me to but I rather have something a little more unique like an instrument that shoots magic lasers.

I like this idea.Would you add this as a sort of utility, F skills or separate weapons?Obviously there would be too many weapons to be added.I can see it better being F skills.F1 HarpF2 ViolinF3 FluteF4 BellF5 Triangle

Nope, the answers were refering to this post:

@Dadnir.5038 said:Minstrel

• F1: Chorus of restauration: For 10s, whenever you use an aria heal up to 5 nearby allies and refresh the duration of the chorus.
  • F2: Chorus of aggression: For 10s, whenever you use an aria deal damage to nearby foes and refresh the duration of the chorus.
  • F3: Chorus of salvation: for 10s, whenever you use an aria cleanse condition to nearby allies and refresh the duration of the chorus.

Unless traited, only one chorus can be active at any given time. Arias are part of the weapon skills/kit skills. No weapon swap available since there are kits.

And like you can see, the instrument were meant to be utility kits.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

aria
    aria
    aria

Arias

Mesmer have historically been the premiere performers of Tyria. And its the only profession that could literally be a One-man band.

Well guild wars 2 already changed allot of things, and can continue to do so in a natural way.

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Hmmm I like the lute and flute personally like lord of the rings online minstrel or the bard classes in everquest 2. But for gw2 to do something different it will likely have to be another kind of tool, as to what I am not really sure to fit into the guild wars 2 universe.