What do you think is a reasonable price for templates?

@vesica tempestas.1563 said:300 gems for a build slot seems reasonable, we can easily get a slot every month for free if we choose to convert gold to gems (dailies and normal gameplay alone)

Even without having additional character slots it's likely that you won't be able to even max out all templates slots for those basic chars before the game is being shut down.

Looking at the outrageous prices they charge for useless stuff like skins, and unbreakable tools... they will probably charge too much ha ha.I would think they would pretty much have to charge less than a character slot though, or people will just make more characters (and get the initial templates included). To sell them, they have to be semi-affordable. For me, the initial templates are already more than I will ever need, so whatever they charge is more than I am willing to pay.

@Conncept.7638 said:The top tier of gear is account bound, it makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE WHATSOEVER for gear templates to be character bound.

This is why i don't buy bag slot expansion, the character bound is reasonable only if i have 1 or 2 chars but 25 chars? I'm not gonna waste my hard-earned gems. Anet saw the high demand for build template so they want to cash in on that just as they did with mount skins, and like skins they think of money first players second.

Build Templates with bindkey (max 9) : 200 Gems for 3Build Templates without bindkey (ilimited) : 100 Gems for 3Equipment Templates with Storage and bindkey (max 9) : 400 Gems for 1 slot (same price of bag slot)Equipment Templates without Storage , bindkey (ilimited) : 100 Gems for 1 slot

@Shadw.5467 said:Build Templates with bindkey (max 9) : 200 Gems for 3Build Templates without bindkey (ilimited) : 100 Gems for 3Equipment Templates with Storage and bindkey (max 9) : 400 Gems for 1 slot (same price of bag slot)Equipment Templates without Storage , bindkey (ilimited) : 100 Gems for 1 slot

ummm...overly complex there... you're seriously suggesting they should charge separately so you can bind a key?

you're not going to get equipment templates without storage. They won't work that way.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Fir.7932 said:

@Fir.7932 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:I'm guessing based on similar approaches to facilitate players swapping builds, around 1200 Gems.

You can add a inventory slot to hold the gear for your second build for 600 gems (or 800 I forget)

You can roll a whole new character with a 'second' build for 1000 Gems. Makes sense that we would pay some extra for the convenience of not having to log in and out to swap builds with this method.

With this price level, I would have to spend more money on the template slots than for the whole game, just So i could play most of my builds.

I don't see a problem with that ... that's true of ANY quantity-based feature Anet sells if you buy enough of them. A build slot (whatever that entails) is going to be AROUND the same price as other features that facilitate multiple builds.

here is the problem ... if it's not priced 'correctly', then you have a TON of customers questioning your pricing practices. Notice I didn't say fair pricing ... I said correct costing. This feature correctly priced will take into account the price of other features the game has to manage builds ... and NONE of those features are under 600 gems. Incorrect pricing not only erodes the confidence of people that want fair ... it's also erodes the confidence of people that expect reasonable. Wanting fair and expecting reasonable are two different perspectives.

Well I already spent my time making Legendary gear. I don't know, why I have to spent real money now, just so I can continue using it to it's potential.

You don't. Legendary gear didn't lose it's potential because Anet is offering templates.

It didn't lose potential, but the quality of life of raiding community and mostly of those, who have legendary armor went from 100 to 0. The only thing that made Legendary armor better than ascended were Delta's templates, now when that was murdered, what's the point of Legendary armor if Anet's templates just count that as ascended? They say, that Templates need to be monetized, because it saves you space in inventory or character slots, well I already have legendary gear so none of this counts for me, since Legendary gear doesn't take up any space. Templates give me nothing in exchange of sending more money to gemstore, just so I can keep using at least some of what I was using already. And if the price will be way too high, for example your suggestions, than it's way better to just throw Legendary gear into a bank, make multiple ascended sets, create multiple characters of the same class and just play 2 builds on each. Loading Screen Wars here we go.

And don't get me wrong, I would definetly pay for more template slots, because they are better, faster and easier to use. i would store in them all of my builds that I use multiple times a week, but I want to keep Delta's templates too and store in them like my WvW builds some of my builds for solo killing fractal bosses and so on.. Just builds I was working on and I don't use them that often. Anet's templates don't have even enough storage place to save them all. I don't know what kind of gamer you are all of you play the game at all, but if you are a raider I hope you enjoy a downtime because of people swapping builds by hand after every boss.

@Fir.7932 said:I don't know what kind of gamer you are all of you play the game at all, but if you are a raider I hope you enjoy a downtime because of people swapping builds by hand after every boss.Maybe that was Anet's intent for raids in the first place since they didn't incorporate build templates before implementing raids? I would find it difficult to believe that, internally, Anet doesn't have a schedule of releases for things and that templates was always on the horizon after raids. Maybe they delayed them because of the agreement with Delta so that they could shuffle the schedule around, making templates a lower priority with the plan to get to them eventually.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Fir.7932 said:

@Fir.7932 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:I'm guessing based on similar approaches to facilitate players swapping builds, around 1200 Gems.

You can add a inventory slot to hold the gear for your second build for 600 gems (or 800 I forget)

You can roll a whole new character with a 'second' build for 1000 Gems. Makes sense that we would pay some extra for the convenience of not having to log in and out to swap builds with this method.

With this price level, I would have to spend more money on the template slots than for the whole game, just So i could play most of my builds.

I don't see a problem with that ... that's true of ANY quantity-based feature Anet sells if you buy enough of them. A build slot (whatever that entails) is going to be AROUND the same price as other features that facilitate multiple builds.

here is the problem ... if it's not priced 'correctly', then you have a TON of customers questioning your pricing practices. Notice I didn't say fair pricing ... I said correct costing. This feature correctly priced will take into account the price of other features the game has to manage builds ... and NONE of those features are under 600 gems. Incorrect pricing not only erodes the confidence of people that want fair ... it's also erodes the confidence of people that expect reasonable. Wanting fair and expecting reasonable are two different perspectives.

Well I already spent my time making Legendary gear. I don't know, why I have to spent real money now, just so I can continue using it to it's potential.

You don't. Legendary gear didn't lose it's potential because Anet is offering templates.

I can't speak to other players, but long before Anet announced their internal template system I had invested in a couple dozen shared inventory slots for all my legendary armor, trinkets, backpacks, and weapons so that I could shuffle them around between characters and use the Arc template system to manage the shuffle. With the new system each time I unequip items from one character's gear template, that template's data will be destroyed and will have to be setup manually again when I move the gear back...

So yeah after spending thousands of gems on shared slots and investing in tons of legendary gear, the new regime hurts. Unless and until the new armory storage becomes account wide, (even at a hefty fee). I am going to simply have less fun and less options in GW2 than I did before, also I will have a lot of shared inventory slots that I no longer have a use for...

@Fir.7932 said:It didn't lose potential, but the quality of life of raiding community and mostly of those, who have legendary armor went from 100 to 0. The only thing that made Legendary armor better than ascended were Delta's templates, now when that was murdered, what's the point of Legendary armor if Anet's templates just count that as ascended? They say, that Templates need to be monetized, because it saves you space in inventory or character slots, well I already have legendary gear so none of this counts for me, since Legendary gear doesn't take up any space. Templates give me nothing in exchange of sending more money to gemstore, just so I can keep using at least some of what I was using already. And if the price will be way too high, for example your suggestions, than it's way better to just throw Legendary gear into a bank, make multiple ascended sets, create multiple characters of the same class and just play 2 builds on each. Loading Screen Wars here we go.

That doesn't make much sense to me. If you don't want to use templates, don't. Anet didn't design Legendary armor to be better than Ascended with the caveat that they are used with Arc templates so that argument is moot. If the functionality or the skin of the Legendary armor wasn't enough of a reason to make it ... then your reason to make it wasn't that good in the first place. Templates have no bearing on that.

@Jthug.9506 said:

@Fir.7932 said:

@Fir.7932 said:

I can't speak to other players, but long before Anet announced their internal template system I had invested in a couple dozen shared inventory slots for all my legendary armor, trinkets, backpacks, and weapons so that I could shuffle them around between characters and use the Arc template system to manage the shuffle. With the new system each time I unequip items from one character's gear template, that template's data will be destroyed and will have to be setup manually again when I move the gear back...

So yeah after spending thousands of gems on shared slots and investing in tons of legendary gear, the new regime hurts. Unless and until the new armory storage becomes account wide, (even at a hefty fee). I am going to simply have less fun and less options in GW2 than I did before, also I will have a lot of shared inventory slots that I no longer have a use for...

Honestly, I don't get that logic ... nothing prevents you from continuing to do that. The intended purpose for you to share your legendary armor in shared slots with your characters is still a relevant approach. I don't even know why anyone would want to use the gear templates if you already have that setup in the first place.

Honestly, I don't get that logic ... nothing prevents you from continuing to do that. The intended purpose for you to share your legendary armor in shared slots with your characters is still a relevant approach. I don't even know why anyone would want to use the gear templates if you already have that setup in the first place.

Did you ever use Arc templates? Perhaps you don't understand that once the appropriate gear was moved between characters the Arc system would handle equipping, stat selection, rune sigil and infusion swapping in a single click? You seem to be suggesting I should just manually equip, select stats, infusions, sigils and runes every time I want to swap builds and be happy. Honestly, I don't get that logic.

@Jthug.9506 said:

Did you ever use Arc templates? Perhaps you don't understand that once the appropriate gear was moved between characters the Arc system would handle equipping, stat selection, rune sigil and infusion swapping in a single click? You seem to be suggesting I should just manually equip, select stats, infusions, sigils and runes every time I want to swap builds and be happy. Honestly, I don't get that logic.

It's irrelevant want Arc did. It wasn't a game supported feature.

Frankly, I don't see why you wouldn't be happy with that ... you went out and got a FULL SET of legendary armor knowing that is what it's function and added value over ascended gear was. I mean, in no way was what you are doing before optimal, but now it's a problem?

What I was doing was plenty optimal AND gave me supreme flexibility, and just because Arc was an add-on doesn't mean it's existence was irrelevant. In fact it was extremely important. What is optimal from a monetary and effectiveness point of view is and always will be to have a separate alt for every conceivable build. What that approach lacks is flexibility. What I loved and will miss about legendary items plus Arc was the ability to quickly and easily experiment with different builds and gear load outs at minimal cost and effort. That was FUN and now it's a thing of the past. Sure the new system will allow me to do that to a degree on one character, but I will have to sacrifice needed functionality in order to experiment when I shuffle gear to another character. Call me crazy but imho the best thing ANET could do at this point is to implement shared armory at a premium just like shared inventory slots.

This doesn't make sense. Legendary armor has it's functionality. Templates have theirs. There is no reason to expect those to accommodate each other. If legendary armor doesn't function how you want it to with templates, (which remains to be seen IMO) .. then you choose to use templates or not. It doesn't affect you.

You're real complaint here is losing Arc ... and it's hard to feel sympathy for that situation since it was not part of GW2.

@Obtena.7952 said:This doesn't make sense. Legendary armor has it's functionality. Templates have theirs. There is no reason to expect those to accommodate each other. If legendary armor doesn't function how you want it to with templates, (which remains to be seen IMO) .. then you choose to use templates or not. It doesn't affect you.

You're real complaint here is losing Arc ... and it's hard to feel sympathy for that situation since it was not part of GW2.

Are you some sort of anti mod purist? Do you not realize that Arc is sanctioned by ANET? Of course Legendary gear (not just armor I will remind you[trinkets are a bigger problem as you can only make one of each per account]) is going to play nice with templates. What exactly is your issue with the prospect of a shared armory slot for gems? Is that somehow offensive to you? I understand you may not have direct experience with Arc templates as they were, or may have some inherent aversion to addons and mods as a matter of some strange principal. But that shouldn't make you an enemy of FUN. I have fun experimenting with builds using legendary gear. That process would be MUCH better facilitated by an account wide armory, I am willing to pay 10k+ gems for that feature. That's my opinion, you have given me zero reason to think I am wrong. I don't want your sympathy. I want you to consider how I like to play the game and accept that there is at least some legitimacy in doing so.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"Jthug.9506" said:

It's irrelevant want Arc did. It wasn't a game supported feature.

Frankly, I don't see why you wouldn't be happy with that ... you went out and got a FULL SET of legendary armor knowing that is what it's function and added value over ascended gear was. I mean, in no way was what you are doing before optimal, but now it's a problem?

Yet another person claiming you "don't understand" something.You're literally a troll at this point I feel like (because how in the world can someone suggests that 1 template costs 1200gems.... that's literally beyond me), it's a joke between my bf and me now that each time we talk bad about Anet and GW2 we would say "and then Obtena comes - No, cuz Anet bla bla bla bla". We also joke that you're an undercover dev trying to justify/defend Anets choices and pricesI also saw you immediately go defensive earlier stating how you "don't defend Anet" when the guy you answered to didn't even say anything about it.... you must be scarred from when I said you're defending them with your life few days ago so you immediately go defensive and claim that you're not, plus, if you weren't you wouldn't bring it up out of nowhere.You definitely don't play the game in a way that would require you to swap builds all the time then, otherwise you'd understand why someone wouldn't be happy to have to manually swap it each time, it's incredibly time consuming... plus there are people like me who cannot remember million builds for mesmer so I have to have them all saved somewhere in order to know what I need to choose. In fact I wondered if you even play and you're offline every time I checked, so I doubt you're even playing much at all.

As for anyone else, don't try to argue sense with Obtena....