2 mesmers and necromancer = what 12 targets to try to find correct one ?

DeerHunter.4129

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Zawn.9647 said:i mean... not using the mouse (when a shortcut exists) is the most efficient way of playing almost any game - its just ridiculous that a class that REQUIRES you to use a mouse for targeting even exists in the first place :)

it literarly takes like 0,05s to target someone if you are fast.and finding right mesmer should take longer then 0,2s if you know what to look for.OFC if there is 3 of them in the same teamfight it would be MUCH MUCH harder to find them, but then again you have 3 teammates that can aoe wipe all those clones or just put retal + reflect and make all of them uterrly useless. OP made it sound as if he hwas 1v4 and had problem targeting.

I dunno about that man. Usually, human response takes a minimum 0.2 secs. It is highly unlikely you will be able to visually distinguish the Mesmer from the illusions in less than 0.5 secs.

I do agree however this is not remotely an issue. And 2 mesmers in one team, against an enemy team with regular class distribution is at a disadvantage. Heck, with Mesmer current stat zero Mesmer on any team is idle.

@Zawn.9647 said:i mean... not using the mouse (when a shortcut exists) is the most efficient way of playing almost any game - its just ridiculous that a class that REQUIRES you to use a mouse for targeting even exists in the first place :)

it literarly takes like 0,05s to target someone if you are fast.and finding right mesmer should take longer then 0,2s if you know what to look for.OFC if there is 3 of them in the same teamfight it would be MUCH MUCH harder to find them, but then again you have 3 teammates that can aoe wipe all those clones or just put retal + reflect and make all of them uterrly useless. OP made it sound as if he hwas 1v4 and had problem targeting.

I dunno about that man. Usually, human response takes a minimum 0.2 secs. It is highly unlikely you will be able to visually distinguish the Mesmer from the illusions in less than 0.5 secs.

I do agree however this is not remotely an issue. And 2 mesmers in one team, against an enemy team with regular class distribution is at a disadvantage. Heck, with Mesmer current stat zero Mesmer on any team is idle.

I main mesmer so i dont have issues finding real one. Every single move you make gives your position away, you dont actually have to LOOK for one, see attack coming? you dodge, dodge takes 0,75s thats WAY more then you need to find the mesmer right? and how many actual abilities that shuffle you and cloes does mesmer have in 1 build? at best 2.the thing is, most people dont know what to look for, when mesmer is on staff and uses staff 2, I as a mesmer player know its the one at the back, while someone new wont know. stealths? most have distinguishable animations, and when leaving stealth, clones appear differently then the real mesmer so thats nonissue.the ONLY actual abilities that give no tells that I personally know are : axe 3, and that random evade tp into ambush. one puts you at melee so its a nono, and the other just yeets you in random places and can lose you the game.

I think there is a misunderstanding, 0.5sec is extremely fast. It is probably not possible for a human to able to identify something and react faster than that. In other words, it is not difficult at all to figure out the real Mesmer and be able to focus fire them easily. And if someone does, it is typically a lack of experience.

it 100% is!,
i get about 290ms, while being dead tired.the test also waits long enough that you lose focus, that doesnt happen in a fight. so more of 250ms or much faster is possible.Analyzing the screenspace of a videogame and selecting the right target is "a bit" more complicated than pressing a button, wenn a red screen changes to green unless you have some form of dyschromatopsia.

Seriously: the mouse curser adjustment alone takes at least half a second.

The only reliable strategy to be able to select a mesmer in a blob of clones in under a second is binding the previous target key and pressing it right when he leaves stealth.

@Caedmon.6798 said:Pro tip ! Theres a key target to use in the option menu called Previous enemy. E.g you have the right mesmer targeted and he stealths,reveals 3 sec later ,you press Previous target and it instantly selects him again even with 10 clones in your face. Can make all the difference in the world,and like others said it's better to mouse click select instead of using tab targeting besides using Previous enemy.

just want to point out that Previous Enemy only works sometimes, and in the event that previous target is not available or your target gets shuffled, it selects a target for you seemingly at random.

@KrHome.1920 said:

I main mesmer so i dont have issues finding real one. Every single move you make gives your position away, you dont actually have to LOOK for one, see attack coming? you dodge, dodge takes 0,75s thats WAY more then you need to find the mesmer right? and how many actual abilities that shuffle you and cloes does mesmer have in 1 build? at best 2.the thing is, most people dont know what to look for, when mesmer is on staff and uses staff 2, I as a mesmer player know its the one at the back, while someone new wont know. stealths? most have distinguishable animations, and when leaving stealth, clones appear differently then the real mesmer so thats nonissue.the ONLY actual abilities that give no tells that I personally know are : axe 3, and that random evade tp into ambush. one puts you at melee so its a nono, and the other just yeets you in random places and can lose you the game.

I think there is a misunderstanding, 0.5sec is extremely fast. It is probably not possible for a human to able to identify something and react faster than that. In other words, it is not difficult at all to figure out the real Mesmer and be able to focus fire them easily. And if someone does, it is typically a lack of experience.

it 100% is!,
i get about 290ms, while being dead tired.the test also waits long enough that you lose focus, that doesnt happen in a fight. so more of 250ms or much faster is possible.Analyzing the screenspace of a videogame and selecting the right target is "a bit" more complicated than pressing a button, wenn a red screen changes to green unless you have some form of dyschromatopsia.

Seriously: the mouse curser adjustment alone takes at least half a second.

The only reliable strategy to be able to select a mesmer in a blob of clones in under a second is binding the previous target key and pressing it right when he leaves stealth.

I think it comes down to the fact that I have been gaming literarly all my life and cant even realize how it looks for most people out there.also keep in mind that you can start casting and THEN select mesmer, target clone -> start casting -> look for real mesmer -> if you found, hit him, if not then stow.I personally dont have problems finding the real one unless they use axe and 2x stealth, but when they do they are annoying only.also another thing is that you shouldnt even have to look for mesmer, you should know which one is real at all times, every single thing mesmer does gives him away, from moving to attacking to not attacking to boons, hp level, conditions, EVERYTHING gives you away.

Use mouse select and/or set a key to toggle action camera when needed.

GW2 is more of a psuedo tab targeting game. You can be a tab hero, but it was designed around soft bodies with multiple hitboxes and physics making it more similar to TESO/Tera action combat games than other tab based mmos. If all you do is tab, you are going to eventually hit a "gitgud" wall.

Mesmer clones are annoying for a lot of reasons, but troubles selecting the "correct" mesmer is not one of them. That's an l2p issue.