Arenanet Politely Request Your Input

Svarty.8019

Actually made me laugh out loud.... want our input LOL There have been a large number of thoughtful ideas and suggestions for years here and on Reddit. They may pick off one or two per decade, but nothing much ever comes from it. Them asking almost implies they don't read their forums or just ignore anything that isn't part of their echo chamber.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like for WvW: Strong mobile weapons themed, Lightning Cannon/Oakheart/Charr tank/Explosive barrels launcher/Harpoon that require 2 players near them to move them forward. They would move fastly if players stay close to it and deal big big damages to walls/gates. If fact just having dune rollers will bring fun but like golem, only one really needed...

And well, balance.

The second thing I certainly surely don't want (wink) and seeing it added in wvw: would be a new faction-like map. Instead of 3 worlds, you have 2 worlds. One are the baddies and the others the good guys, the represented factions change each week: eg, week 1: Aetherblades VS lion's guards, week 2: Awakened VS Branded, etc..... The map would have globally the same appearance each week: castles/tower/camp are the same, but assets around the map change: branded shards become bone column, become later trees.....You would fight along those npcs to conquer places like normal WvW. Imagine: You fight with branded, as part of scarlet's army, as awakened or even nightmare court!

If it's decided that we will never join the bad side and evil organizations in story, this is a big deal. It reminds me the BETA events where players were branded? Why not bringing it back? For everything? Nightmare, svanir, inquest, bandit, flame legion.... branded, destroyers, icebrood, risen, mordrem...

What am I describing? Am I describing alliances? I heard many peeps using that term recently...Here was my original thought: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/71717/idea-new-gamemode

what I want?

easy:FIX THE LAGFIX RANGER LOS/DAMAGE (rangers should have the same trouble as everybody else. and a lot less damage)FIX MESMER DAMAGE (it is just ridiculous)FIX THIEVES (a class that can stealth at will, can attack out of stealth and vanish into stealth all in one fight is just broken).

Two of the four problems could be easily fixed: no damage out of stealth and or no stealthing while in combat.

also easy:THE REWARDS SUCK. Players do not play wvw because it is just not worth it. Doing Silverwastes or Lake Doric gives much better rewards/time. Fractals give a lot better rewards/time.

Make wvw worth playing. People will flock to it. Done.

the easiest: STOP BALANCING AROUND RAIDS. It broke the game. Unbreak it. Admit defeat and be honest about it.

not as easy: make raid legendary armor available to everyone. It was a disgrace that those sets are exclusive to those whose game mode actually hurt the game.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:what I want?

easy:FIX THE LAGkxm, I don't have any lag on wvw. Check yours settings, pc hardware, and i-connections

FIX RANGER LOS/DAMAGE (rangers should have the same trouble as everybody else. and a lot less damage)ranger - this is direct damage class, so why it should do less damage ? If someone sure that ranger is op - welcome use it.

FIX MESMER DAMAGE (it is just ridiculous)Mesmer currently perfect balanced/ Power domination do 38.6 on golem.

FIX THIEVES (a class that can stealth at will, can attack out of stealth and vanish into stealth all in one fight is just broken).this is THIEVES. The main target of this class is permanent stealth and vanish. This is ok. Also as tief I was try run away from skiled holo- this is impossible. Now trying find more overpowered class with one button .

THE REWARDS SUCK. Players do not play wvw because it is just not worth it. Doing Silverwastes or Lake Doric gives much better rewards/time. Fractals give a lot better rewards/time.reward is great. Leg armor, uniq skins, mystic coins from pips, and main reward is FUN!

not as easy: make raid legendary armor available to everyone.this is available to everyone and easy. Have 3+ sets. Why is should more easy ?

Hahahahaha hmm what are they going to do wth these requests ?? 7 years and they cannot even acknowledge WvW exists . The one thing that saves us is I dont think there is anything left they can break. Is there??Remove the red paint of death from walls - rangers being able to shoot over walls - delete stealth totally from all classes. Siege cannot work when placed against walls.Short story is it is a shambles.

It's not about what we want, it should be what do we hate? We have been telling Arena Net what we hate for 7 years, some of it was addressed but most of it has been ignored. And after 7 years we are tired of being ignored, so now your game mode is ignored and we are gone. We have zero hope that anything will change.

We need people who know what they are doing and can take charge, not ask clueless people what they want thats how we got desert Borderland that most people hated and has been a total disaster for your company and your company refused to learn so we left your game bye.

@"Absurd.2947" said:Are you trolling? I honestly can't tell anymore.No, and I have view that part of "non-happy wvw forum writers" may be non understand, but do that. Or managers from other mmo game projects and special try hurt to anet??I am not new player, and have strong vision that currently now wvw is realy great. And try keep protect forum from wrong suggestions and give mind to proper understanding.Also as for me, I am sure that if 10% of "critics" or "very needed change request" will be true I not be write some text on forum, but play other game.

What WvW players wants? I personally want YOU to play this game mode, not just 1 or 2 hours during the stream. PLAY THE REAL GAME, spent hours and hours in. Everytime I see devs playing WvW, are in EBG, with a blob. BLs exists, roaming exists, scouting exists.Stop playing with the popular servers, tier 4 servers exist too. You are the ones who are balancing this, if you don't even play, with us, how you gonna balance the game mode accurately? If you played this game mode, you will know what wvw players want, but you don't.

LOL can't belive people still belive this type of kitten, like if they even care, they want to know now, after 2 years neglecting us what we want? maybe go read the forum once in a kitten lifetime and you will see al the stuff we need! kitten kittenholes, but guess what anet a little too late, 2 years late!! we are kitten gone, go search for us your beloved wvw community in cyrodiil, wow classic, or whatever kitten game there is because all of them are superior to the trash you built with pof specs, warclaws and all the neglection we recieved, kitten you anet

@kraai.7265 said:LOL can't belive people still belive this type of kitten, like if they even care, they want to know now, after 2 years neglecting us what we want? maybe go read the forum once in a kitten lifetime and you will see al the stuff we need! kitten kittenholes, but guess what anet a little too late, 2 years late!! we are kitten gone, go search for us your beloved wvw community in cyrodiil, wow classic, or whatever kitten game there is because all of them are superior to the trash you built with pof specs, warclaws and all the neglection we recieved, kitten you anet

Such a kitten mouth ?

The problem is we don't agree on what we want. What I want doesn't equal to what others want.

Some people LOVE the blob, while others hate the concept of it. Some like the mounts, while others hate how you can escape from them with it. We can keep going on and on of what we all personally like and hate. This thread is the latest example of this.

A general consensus is needed on what to improve the game mode. Unfortunately, I don't see it that much on here.

But I do think most people are bored playing the same maps over and over. Maybe 6 new maps and a EotM type EBG map rotating with the current maps would help alleviate some of the boredom.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:what I want?

easy:FIX THE LAGFIX RANGER LOS/DAMAGE (rangers should have the same trouble as everybody else. and a lot less damage)FIX MESMER DAMAGE (it is just ridiculous)FIX THIEVES (a class that can stealth at will, can attack out of stealth and vanish into stealth all in one fight is just broken).

Two of the four problems could be easily fixed: no damage out of stealth and or no stealthing while in combat.

also easy:THE REWARDS SUCK. Players do not play wvw because it is just not worth it. Doing Silverwastes or Lake Doric gives much better rewards/time. Fractals give a lot better rewards/time.

Make wvw worth playing. People will flock to it. Done.

the easiest: STOP BALANCING AROUND RAIDS. It broke the game. Unbreak it. Admit defeat and be honest about it.

not as easy: make raid legendary armor available to everyone. It was a disgrace that those sets are exclusive to those whose game mode actually hurt the game.

we don't need reward farmers here, all they do is come for a week, die, and fill the forum with complains, making devs do stupid mistakes regarding class balance

i agree completely to whoever make the point that balance RAIDs hurts the game, by myself im more PVer than WvWer, when im bored with PVE i go to WvW/PvP and vice-versa. i cant see myself using Raids as "break time" from Pve. im one of these breaks, i sticked 1year+ on WvW, so the GW2 managers should had in mid that that WvW extends the lifetime of product, especially for those players that reach a point where get bored from pve.

@Jake Orion.2049 said:The problem is we don't agree on what we want. What I want doesn't equal to what others want.

Some people LOVE the blob, while others hate the concept of it. Some like the mounts, while others hate how you can escape from them with it. We can keep going on and on of what we all personally like and hate. This thread is the latest example of this.

A general consensus is needed on what to improve the game mode. Unfortunately, I don't see it that much on here.

But I do think most people are bored playing the same maps over and over. Maybe 6 new maps and a EotM type EBG map rotating with the current maps would help alleviate some of the boredom.

It's not like every player has 100 separate things they want out of wvw, there is a general list of 5-10 things the majority of players would like looked at because there are some things that generally annoys everyone. The problem in these forums is when you get the people who think only their play style and their idea is the one and only best solution and are not willing to compromise and incorporate other ideas to make a better solution.

It doesn't really matter how many times they say balance is important to them or deliberate if certain warclaw aspects were good ideas.

• Remove any combat bonuses warclaw brings
  • Balance your game and nerf boons/concentration and look back on your original manifesto for what to do.

There are no other courses of action to make this game mode enjoyable/be a source of player retention. Period. Those two items alone are so egregiously out of control the game mode isn't worth playing for the PvP audience no matter what else is done. We're too far gone for alliances at this point, because it'll be the same thing as right now. The causes for people leaving aren't imbalanced scores at the end of the week. The causes for people leaving are based on the fact the PvP itself isn't good, and losing with an arbitrary score just makes it that much more crushing.

It's been four years of arrogant assumptions that ANet knows what's best with them beating around the bush when the most prominent members of the PvP community are calling out exactly what to do. Over and over.

ANet, you need to stop trying to move forward; take a step back and right yourself, because all this time you've been facing the wrong way. When you make a mistake, you absolutely have to address it directly at some point, and just go back and tackle it head-on.