Mount stuck in floor

Jade.4759

When I press X or click my mount button, I sometimes appear stuck in the floor on my mount. When I switch to map view I can still move my cursor and it takes a while to get unstuck. I used to solve this with a 50% chance of success by pressing space followed quickly by mount button, but since 1-2 weeks I can't do that anymore. Can this bug be solved by elevating my position on the mount when mounting? A little vertical jump + mounting might do the trick.

• 5 weeks later...

@burntcrispy.4527 said:What skin are you using?This bug been in the game since, almost as long as mounts. It usually happens in crowded areas, and I only seen it with the basic default skin.Try using another skin, If you have one.

default skin, all mounts,after wp, you try to mount, and you endup half buried in ground for few seconds, then being thrown forward at random distance from start position

I've had a variation of that bug where my raptor sunk, then I was able to leap out into some sort of non stop flying leap. It happened in Lionsarch and I was able to fly around everywhere. Just hovering. Right up past the clouds. And it wouldn't let me dismount because I was mid jump. Eventually, almost randomly, the jump finished while I was hovering over the crafting stations.

It's a known bug that hasn't been fixed yet. In few words, when mounting, your mount model needs to be loaded, but it seems to load after anything else that was already queued to display. In the meantime, until the mount model loads, the client sees your character half buried, and since basic movement/collision is handled by the client, it refuses to allow the player to move while sunk in the ground.

This problem is seen at its worst when warping within the same map, into a crowd of people, to immediately mount, as that maximizes the amount of models needed to load before the mount does.