New Weapon Set Available

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:The Seven Reapers weapons are 50+ gold each right now. https://www.gw2tp.com/search?name=Reapers+No opening of Black Lion Chests required to get one.

These weapon skins are not in current BLC, though. They are aquired from the ticket vendor.

I am confused about the OP's complaint. Maybe they are talking about a couple of very expensive skins in the rare category of the current BLC. @Maliheim.2591 , could you elaborate a bit?

@Ol Nik.2518 said:

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:The Seven Reapers weapons are 50+ gold each right now.
+No opening of Black Lion Chests required to get one.

These weapon skins are not in current BLC, though. They are aquired from the ticket vendor.

We are referring to having to open BLC to get tickets to buy from a ticket vendor. If you don’t open chests you don’t get the tickets to buy from the vendor.

@Dante.1508 said:

@Dante.1508 said:You wont get any help here op, the forums don't favor the customers here, its far too bias to the developers.. Better to use other avenues to air grievances, Also the game makes far too much on BL chests to ever stop the gambling. The only way it will stop is through government laws.

Or we stop complaining and be realistic?

I mean, you can earn like 40g an hour in the lab and buy those skins cheap on the TP... Or do you feel Anet should just mail them to players bc we are customers?

Yes i do.

@Gryphon.2875 said:I just bought 2 of the new Seven Reaper BLC skins off the trading post. Simple.

If other people hadn't bought BL chests you wouldn't have been able to buy them off the Auction house... Free chests would take years to get skins like Seven Reapers.

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:The Seven Reapers weapons are 50+ gold each right now.

Again if others don't open them you wouldn't be able to buy them..

So Anet should mail you all legendary weapons, legendary armors, legendary trinkets, infusions, every skin and convenience item... because you bought the game?

@Dante.1508 said:You wont get any help here op, the forums don't favor the customers here, its far too bias to the developers..100% this. I have never understood why this community defends ANET as if it were their family member. It's like a really messed up relationship that you know you should get out of but you can't because you love them and you hope it will get better. We all know nothing will be changing because its just to hard just ask them. They'll tell you.

@Excursion.9752 said:

@Dante.1508 said:You wont get any help here op, the forums don't favor the customers here, its far too bias to the developers..100% this. I have never understood why this community defends ANET as if it were their family member. It's like a really messed up relationship that you know you should get out of but you can't because you love them and you hope it will get better. We all know nothing will be changing because its just to hard just ask them. They'll tell you.

What a terribly irrelevant comparison. Some people just understand that it's a company and if it stops making money, it has no right to exist. They also understand that skins are just skins and they don't desperately need to own them all. Other people -like you- just want to get everything for free or with minimal effort, because apparently logging into the game is more than enough.But hey, good job not addressing a single argument in this thread other than trying to blindly back up a person that tries to play a victim in the whole thing. I'm sure that makes you correct.

• Confused 1

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:The Seven Reapers weapons are 50+ gold each right now.

We are referring to having to open BLC to get tickets to buy from a ticket vendor. If you don’t open chests you don’t get the tickets to buy from the vendor.

You don’t need to open chests for tickets either. Every finished BLC collection gives 7 tickets as a reward.

@Ol Nik.2518 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:The Seven Reapers weapons are 50+ gold each right now.

You don’t need to open chests for tickets either. Every finished BLC collection gives 7 tickets as a reward.

That’s true and helps with the rebuttal to the OP, which is there are ways to get the new BLC weapon skins besides opening chests. Thanks for helping to refute what the OP said.

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Dante.1508" said:You wont get any help here op, the forums don't favor the customers here, its far too bias to the developers..100% this. I have never understood why this community defends ANET as if it were their family member. It's like a really messed up relationship that you know you should get out of but you can't because you love them and you hope it will get better. We all know nothing will be changing because its just to hard just ask them. They'll tell you.

What a terribly irrelevant comparison. Some people just understand that it's a company and if it stops making money, it has no right to exist. They also understand that skins are just skins and they don't desperately need to own them all. Other people -like you- just want to get everything for free or with minimal effort, because apparently logging into the game is more than enough.But hey, good job not addressing a single argument in this thread other than trying to blindly back up a person that tries to play a victim in the whole thing. I'm sure that makes you correct.

No place did i say they need to stop making money. OP suggested that said items should be sold in the gem store. That would make them money.

Agreeing with another user about this topic not getting the traction is deserved because of people jumping in as you have is a valid comment based off of someone's argument that was provided in said topic. You have provided the case and point to that. I am not sure who or where the "victims" are but if a person does not like the way something is, they do have a right to voice it on any topic not just this one. Even if your views do not align with others.

You did make some laughable assumptions about me however. Thanks for making me smile. I have spent well over 2 grand in this game and currently I'm working on grinding 2000 wvw levels to get a full set of Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor which I currently am at 1864 which I gained in the past 7 months of play. So getting things for free and minimal effort does not apply to me.

I do partially agree with the OP about distinct skins that can only be obtained via RNG and are account bound. I think it is poor form to not give users what they want if they are willing to pay for it and the said item is not p2w. They could easily put these items behind Black Lion Statuettes. Then people who buy keys could guarantee they would eventually get the item. Not 4 to 6 months down the road and then add them to that vendor like they do now. That's pretty much putting salt in the wound because everyone knows they could have done it sooner.

You may be thinking "why didn't he just say that the first time..." Well it is simply because this topic will not catch traction because I believe ANETS philosophy is about getting the max amount of money from a person right NOW vs. getting money little by little over time. I think since the player base is going down they are not looking at long term income and are hyper focused on getting the max amount from a player before they leave. This player hemorrhage could all be resolved by being fair and just to the players and evenly distributing their development time between all game modes.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"Maliheim.2591" said:Let me start off by saying I have supported you guys a ton. I bought Guild Wars 1 and all of it's expansions for myself and three of my friends. For Guild Wars 2 I bought myself and my wife the game and all the expansions; in addition I've also spent a lot of money on gem store items for myself, my wife, and my friends. In total I've probably spent around $500+ supporting your game because I believe in it.

That's about to end though. I'm done with you pushing things through Black Lion Chests instead of just letting me purchase them. I've never bought a single Black Lion Chest Key and I never will. It's a slimy business model that I will not support. If you want to let your players buy cosmetics then let them buy cosmetics, but stop having them gamble for them. I will continue to buy some things through the gemstore, but I am going to be infinitely more picky. Eventually if this push to get people to buy Black Lion Keys doesn't end I will just stop purchasing all together.

Love you guys, but I really needed to let you know this was on my mind. I'm sure I'm not the only one either. We're your customers and we support you. We're aren't something you should be exploiting.

A weapon from the gemstore would cost you about about 500-600 gems, right? You understand that you can buy 500-600 gems and convert to 125-150 gold to buy the skins off the trading post, right? So what's your problem again? That one untradeable skin they add each month (or longer)? Oof.

this...this how I got most of my skins. But will buy some keys. I want that new Chain gauntlet

... Interest piqued. What new chain gauntlet!?

Probably referring to this:

Oh... Of course, it'd be in a Black Lion Chest. :/

That’s true and helps with the rebuttal to the OP, which is there are ways to get the new BLC weapon skins besides opening chests. Thanks for helping to refute what the OP said.

I would argue that the original tickets needed to complete the collections would have to come from the set, as well as the additional tickets need to finish the latter sets. 7/16+ tickets and all that. That being said, there are ways to get Black Lion keys to open chests without spending any real-world currency, or even gold for that matter. It just depends on each individual's balance of cost/effort vs reward, which is a (Surprise!) subjective opinion. I actually far more annoyed with the new Royal Flame weapon set, and the differences between it and the Royal Ascalonian set.

To each their own.

@Diak Atoli.2085 said:

I would argue that the original tickets needed to complete the collections would have to come from the set, as well as the additional tickets need to finish the latter sets. 7/16+ tickets and all that
. That being said, there are ways to get Black Lion keys to open chests without spending any real-world currency, or even gold for that matter. It just depends on each individual's balance of cost/effort vs reward, which is a (Surprise!) subjective opinion. I actually far more annoyed with the new Royal Flame weapon set, and the differences between it and the Royal Ascalonian set.

To each their own.

No, if you have enough gold you could buy sufficient weapons from the Trading Post to complete one Collections (you can research to find the cheapest set) and get the 7 ticket reward. Then buy 7 of the Seven Reapers weapon skins with the tickets and buy the remaining weapons with gold to complete the set (and get a second set of 7 tickets).

@Diak Atoli.2085 said:

I would argue that the original tickets needed to complete the collections would have to come from the set, as well as the additional tickets need to finish the latter sets. 7/16+ tickets and all that. That being said, there are ways to get Black Lion keys to open chests without spending any real-world currency, or even gold for that matter. It just depends on each individual's balance of cost/effort vs reward, which is a (Surprise!) subjective opinion. I actually far more annoyed with the new Royal Flame weapon set, and the differences between it and the Royal Ascalonian set.

To each their own.

There are BLC sets which cost 10-20 gold per skin. If one would say get 2 of those "cheap" sets completed (at a cost of around say 300 gold per set at 20 gold price, so a total of 600 gold. Most would actually be cheaper but let's roll with the high number), that would provide 14 tickets. Now spend 80 more gold for the 2 remaining skins (since those 14 tickets get you 14 of 16 weapon skins) and you are rewarded 7 tickets.

If you then spend those 7 tickets on a new set (like this one where some weapons were going for 40 gold instant buy on the first day), you'd have a return of 7x40x0.85 = 238 gold. Which brings the total cost to 680 - 238 = 440 gold for 3 entire BLC collections.

Given current 38 gold per 100 gems, 440 gold is equvalent to around 1,150 gems. At a cost of around 400 gems per weapon skin, that equals aproximately 3 weapon skins for gems directly.

Now what would you rather have? 3 full BLC sets (48 skins total) or 3 skins?

I would argue that the original tickets needed to complete the collections would have to come from the set, as well as the additional tickets need to finish the latter sets. 7/16+ tickets and all that
. That being said, there are ways to get Black Lion keys to open chests without spending any real-world currency, or even gold for that matter. It just depends on each individual's balance of cost/effort vs reward, which is a (Surprise!) subjective opinion. I actually far more annoyed with the new Royal Flame weapon set, and the differences between it and the Royal Ascalonian set.

To each their own.

No, if you have enough gold you could buy sufficient weapons from the Trading Post to complete one Collections (you can research to find the cheapest set) and get the 7 ticket reward. Then buy 7 of the Seven Reapers weapon skins with the tickets and buy the remaining weapons with gold to complete the set (and get a second set of 7 tickets).

To each their own.

There are BLC sets which cost 10-20 gold per skin. If one would say get 2 of those "cheap" sets completed (at a cost of around say 300 gold per set at 20 gold price, so a total of 600 gold. Most would actually be cheaper but let's roll with the high number), that would provide 14 tickets. Now spend 80 more gold for the 2 remaining skins (since those 14 tickets get you 14 of 16 weapon skins) and you are rewarded 7 tickets.

If you then spend those 7 tickets on a new set (like this one where some weapons were going for 40 gold instant buy on the first day), you'd have a return of 7x40x0.85 = 238 gold. Which brings the total cost to 680 - 238 = 440 gold for 3 entire BLC collections.

Given current 38 gold per 100 gems, 440 gold is equvalent to around 1,150 gems. At a cost of around 400 gems per weapon skin, that equals aproximately 3 weapon skins for gems directly.

Now what would you rather have? 3 full BLC sets (48 skins total) or 3 skins?

I was speaking generally about when the first Black Lion Collections started. Someone had to open BLC(s) to obtain the tickets to purchase the weapons to put them up for sale and yada, yada, yada. Still, those chests/keys could've just as well been earned through Personal Story or map completion instead of bought with money or gold.

Anyway, to clarify my personal opinion: Black Lion Weapon Sets are just fine. Lovingly dusts his set of Collector's Edition Chaos Weapons.

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Dante.1508 said:You wont get any help here op, the forums don't favor the customers here, its far too bias to the developers.. Better to use other avenues to air grievances, Also the game makes far too much on BL chests to ever stop the gambling. The only way it will stop is through government laws.

Or we stop complaining and be realistic?

I mean, you can earn like 40g an hour in the lab and buy those skins cheap on the TP... Or do you feel Anet should just mail them to players bc we are customers?

Yes i do.

@Gryphon.2875 said:I just bought 2 of the new Seven Reaper BLC skins off the trading post. Simple.

If other people hadn't bought BL chests you wouldn't have been able to buy them off the Auction house... Free chests would take years to get skins like Seven Reapers.

Again if others don't open them you wouldn't be able to buy them..

So Anet should mail you all legendary weapons, legendary armors, legendary trinkets, infusions, every skin and convenience item... because you bought the game?Well mailing one weapon choice skin box each time a new set of weapons was released on the BL out of good faith would have gone down well imo.. nope, but hiding everything behind hideous grinds isn't to their favor no matter what you think..

Apparently they had to lower how hard Ascended and legendaries were to get because 4 years ago it was insane compared to now.

@Sobx.1758 said:

I actually thought it was pretty accurate compared to some of the customers here.. Never understood the need to put developers on pedestals like communities do.. I understand developing games is poor and a horrible job but looking up to them like gods seems inappropriate.. For the customers and the developers..

And yes standing up for my rights is playing the victim these days.. wow out of touch much..

@Ol Nik.2518 said:

You still need to purchase BL chests en mass to get enough tickets to buy the weapons to then post them on the Auction house to allow others to finish them.. I think people have been buying these things off the Auction house for so long they've forgotten how they got there in the first place..

It's funny cuz nearly all these people responding are talking about completely different things then the op.Op is talking about black lion chest and keys and weapons like The fire ice sword from it. I forget the name.While other people bring up the monthly black lion trading weapons. Everyone and there moma knows u can buy black lion trading weapons with gold.To funny how some people can be so oblivious to words that they read. Makes me think they just want to choose the opposite side of an argument just to cause problems when in reality they are dead wrong or just straight up not understanding like in this sitchuation.

@Diak Atoli.2085 said:

To each their own.

There is no need for keys at all. You can buy enough skins for 2 collections -> 14 tickets -> 14 skins from vendor. Then you just need to buy two cheapest skins from the TP.Of course, in order for this to work, one has to have some spare cash. However, considering that the lab is a very decent farm, it is very much doable in 3-4 weeks that the skins will be on sale by the vendor.

To think of it, if you do not have many BLC collections already completed, you can actually make some money from skins. But this requires a bit of research.

@Dante.1508 said:You still need to purchase BL chests en mass to get enough tickets to buy the weapons to then post them on the Auction house to allow others to finish them.. I think people have been buying these things off the Auction house for so long they've forgotten how they got there in the first place..

Well, in the very beginning yes, someone had to obtain those tickets elsewhere to put skins on TP. Still, one does not need to open BLCs. There are gem store packages containing tickets, those are much more cost-effective and have a fixed price. I would say that trying to get enough tickets for a full weapons collection from BLCs is a waste of time and money.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:It's funny cuz nearly all these people responding are talking about completely different things then the op.Op is talking about black lion chest and keys and weapons like The fire ice sword from it. I forget the name.While other people bring up the monthly black lion trading weapons. Everyone and there moma knows u can buy black lion trading weapons with gold.To funny how some people can be so oblivious to words that they read. Makes me think they just want to choose the opposite side of an argument just to cause problems when in reality they are dead wrong or just straight up not understanding like in this sitchuation.

If so, then the thread title may be misleading. If the OP means the one-off weapons, he/she may consider amending the thread title.

@Ol Nik.2518 said:

@Dante.1508 said:You still need to purchase BL chests en mass to get enough tickets to buy the weapons to then post them on the Auction house to allow others to finish them.. I think people have been buying these things off the Auction house for so long they've forgotten how they got there in the first place..

Well, in the very beginning yes, someone had to obtain those tickets elsewhere to put skins on TP. Still, one does not need to open BLCs. There are gem store packages containing tickets, those are much more cost-effective and have a fixed price. I would say that trying to get enough tickets for a full weapons collection from BLCs is a waste of time and money.

Depends i've completed three sets now. and i only spent a few hundred gold.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:I'm not sure how ArenaNet is exploiting anyone, when one can acquire said weapons with Gold earned in-game. No real money needed.

well even with "gold earned in-game" I can't buy BL keys anyway so ! loot boxes are not a healthy feature anyway if you can't get the item on an alternative way. (imo)

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:I'm not sure how ArenaNet is exploiting anyone, when one can acquire said weapons with Gold earned in-game. No real money needed.

well even with "gold earned in-game" I can't buy BL keys anyway so ! loot boxes are not a healthy feature anyway if you can't get the item on an alternative way. (imo)

Rejoice! No need to buy Black Lion Chest Keys when the weapons are offered on the Trading Post. :)

I thought for sure this thread would be about the Royal Flame Weapons which can only be obtained through RNG in treat bags or a large sum on the TP after you complete an achievement to select your first one.

The difference between the RNG for these weps and the RNG for a Black Lion Chest wep is that BL chests give you a currency that you can collect over time to have a guaranteed chance to purchase the item at a fixed price later when it's rotated through the Black Lion vendor. For the Royal Flame set, you either get lucky or grind hard for a lot of gold to buy everything. This is still a goal to work toward, but it's not guaranteed in any way due to the nature of supply and demand (there's a finite number available for a fluctuating amount on the TP).

Technically, they've provided multiple ways to get this set; they just all feel bad.