xxxxxxxxxx

Flandre.2870

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@ZDragon.3046 said:Hate to say it but i dont agree.

Frustration level vs Condi thief 7/10Frustration level vs Power evade/staff thief 6/10Frustration level vs Perma stealth thief 8.5/10Frustration level vs Sage mantra firebrand 10/10Frustration level vs Any form of staff / scepter mirage 12/10

This as far as my frustrations seems close. staff DD being OP is just lol

annoying? YesOp hardly.

To be frank with you there are warriors out there who dodge almost just as much as daredevils do and can dishout more damage and hold more pressure on you while doing it with stronger cc's and abetter blocking skill to boot.

We can agree to disagree ;)

I think u quoted wrong person as I was agreeing with u. Or u miss understood my post.

Glad you pointed this out i think i just miss understood you hahah thanks would have never caught it

@Flandre.2870 said:

@birdboy.6509 said:The op is upset he had to play staff thief in the monthly because his Mesmer would get farmed by Sind. Unlucky bud

I played staff thief because i knew they are braindead and can't rotate. As expected they pushed 3 people into me all game so why wouldn't i go for a free win? :^

Sorry it's hard to understand though, Katsumi. I know you get decapped 1v1 by Vaans's warrior on your staff thief but hey not like you had to do anything to get carried to your free crown :^

First the reddit thread after subbing for us now this? Cmon miazI don’t recall getting decap but ur not wrong that I didn’t have to do anything, that makes two of us tbh.I like when Mesmer is in the meta personally and it sucks that it gets bullied out this hard by thief but don’t act like this post isn’t biased af bc it is.

@ZDragon.3046 said:Hate to say it but i dont agree.

Frustration level vs Condi thief 7/10Frustration level vs Power evade/staff thief 6/10Frustration level vs Perma stealth thief 8.5/10Frustration level vs Sage mantra firebrand 10/10Frustration level vs Any form of staff / scepter mirage 12/10

This is so true. I so hate Mesmers and even so Mirages. And I'm starting to hate Firebrands too.

@rowdy.5107 said:This guys crying over the easiest condi thief build to counter. Wait til he runs into a SA D/D condi thief. He will punch his cat lol.

You telling me lolBut seriously condi as a whole in this game is a problem there is to much condition application and not enough removal in the game to manage it even with a team at times. even a game that seperates pvp and pve instances and applications of skills cant seem to fix it and thats also a problem. but over the years im pretty sure we can all agree anet only care about the pve since their pvp devs are really caring about pvp. Its been this way since launch this is the worse pvp game ive ever played in an mmo and i play SWTOR pvp and I even feel thats better managed and DCUO for gods sake is better managed pvp.

@Karma Crimzin.5079 said:

@rowdy.5107 said:This guys crying over the easiest condi thief build to counter. Wait til he runs into a SA D/D condi thief. He will punch his cat lol.

You telling me lolBut seriously condi as a whole in this game is a problem there is to much condition application and not enough removal in the game to manage it even with a team at times. even a game that seperates pvp and pve instances and applications of skills cant seem to fix it and thats also a problem. but over the years im pretty sure we can all agree anet only care about the pve since their pvp devs are really caring about pvp. Its been this way since launch this is the worse pvp game ive ever played in an mmo and i play SWTOR pvp and I even feel thats better managed and DCUO for gods sake is better managed pvp.

There is plenty of condition removal in the game and especially Wvw,

I can trait the Thief spell WITHDRAW to remove 8 conditions on a single use every 14.5 seconds .

in PvP with no food or antitoxin runes you can still trait this to remove 6 condition on a single use. That is removal just from a heal. There are plenty of other sources in the thief kit to remove conditions. Other classes also have ample cleansing. Warrior as example has a wealth of sources of cleanses. These the classes I am most familiar playing so others can speak to the remaining professions.

Added to that just as with any attack coming from a power based source , those condition applications can also be dodged , blocked or evaded. The more times you pull that off, the less cleanses you will need.

Scourge (before nerf): milions of condis, transfers, CC, barrier. NOT BROKEN.Reaper: 2 health bars, massive dmg. NOT BROKEN.Warrior: Immune to damage, has strong CC. NOT BROKEN.Ranger: pew pew pew from max range + pets and traps. Can shot from it's back (yea, I saw that in PvP). NOT BROKEN.Engineer: Tanky, Control, can generate boons. NOT BROKEN.Guardian: traps (can one-shot people at mid), at least 4 healing skills, blocks, heavy damage. NOT BROKEN.

But Thief is BROKEN, because of mobility, stealth and evades. Class that can't 1v1. Thief is a class like "hit your enemy and run". Why is it unfair for you?

@Trepidation Lost.3469 said:They need to make it so you can’t be damaged by an invisible enemy unless you are both in combat. Taking 20k from invis when you’re not even aware he said there is stupid and has 0 counterplay other than random dodging it’s the most braindead thing ever.

SA D/D might insta-pop you from stealth. But what happens inbetween stealth and bursts? sure it can fight somewhat OK against other classes. But just like all other thieves it is squishy, has little to no stability. And can be insta-popped as well if the thief cant escape.Stealth, evade and shadowstep are basically a thiefs tank. Their job is to cap-decap and +1 fights. 1 bad move and the thief is squished.So if you take away the stealth attacks and shadowstep attacks from D/D and S/D thieves.. How are they supposed to survive in a fight? They would be useless... Right?

@babazhook.6805 said:

@"rowdy.5107" said:This guys crying over the easiest condi thief build to counter. Wait til he runs into a SA D/D condi thief. He will punch his cat lol.

I can trait the Thief spell WITHDRAW to remove 8 conditions on a single use every 14.5 seconds .

in PvP with no food or antitoxin runes you can still trait this to remove 6 condition on a single use. That is removal just from a heal. There are plenty of other sources in the thief kit to remove conditions. Other classes also have ample cleansing. Warrior as example has a wealth of sources of cleanses. These the classes I am most familiar playing so others can speak to the remaining professions.

Added to that just as with any attack coming from a power based source , those condition applications can also be dodged , blocked or evaded. The more times you pull that off, the less cleanses you will need.

you're pretending that this is 6 condi removal skill, where it is 4 specific condition cleanse, and 1-on-evade condition cleanse, which happen not every time you use.While this is truth that withdraw can cleanse 6 condis, it require specific circumstances and picks for such situation. It is lame, and equal to saying "perma dodge", "perma weakness", "perma crit", "perma super speed" while it is actually situational

@dDuff.3860 said:

@"rowdy.5107" said:This guys crying over the easiest condi thief build to counter. Wait til he runs into a SA D/D condi thief. He will punch his cat lol.

you're pretending that this is 6 condi removal skill, where it is 4 specific condition cleanse, and 1-on-evade condition cleanse, which happen not every time you use.While this is truth that withdraw can cleanse 6 condis, it require specific circumstances and picks for such situation. It is lame, and equal to saying "perma dodge", "perma weakness", "perma crit", "perma super speed" while it is actually situational

I was speaking to the potential of a single skill and hardly the entirety of what a thief. I am not "pretending" anything. If a person does not have a condition on them then it obviously not going to remove conditions. I fail to see why you had to point that out as some sort of downside.

Further to that it is not 5 conditions removed with an evade. it is 6 when trickster traited as withdraw is a trick. The fact that three of the four removed up front tend to be used as cover conditions means that the condition removed because it a trick and the possible condition removed on that evade means it much likelier to remove damaging conditions on use.

I have not even touched on the direct condition remove such as shadowstep and EA all of which are made more effective by withdraw.

What i consider lame is pretending that removing "conditions" somehow situational when I responding to a post indicating there not enough condition removal to deal with the conditions applied in game. An s/d thief as example traited Acro with don't stop is all but immune to movement impairing effects. That means those conditions can not work as cover conditions. That means that the port of #2 is very likely going to remove a damaging condition. You can also trait don't stop , get in a pinch condition removal from SOA which most thieves trait anyways, Pain response and EA all at the same time none of which impact the build negatively when doing damage.

The trickster trait also gives uber low condition clear using Scorpion wire or removal on using a daggerstorm or an RFI all of which commonly used by the Thief class.

Withdraw is not taken in a vacuum but using that removal which can remove 6 conditions at once in spite of your claims otherwise (If you do not have the conditions on you it will not remove them is hardly a valid point) means those other removals are all more efficient at getting at the damaging conditions. The only cover conditions available to condition classes to any great degree are Vuln and weakness.

Leaving aside Withdraw for the moment the heal Hide in shadows removes all damaging Conditions outside torment. Again in an s/x build which can remove all the movement impairing conditions at will plus the add of the sword port clear, there a more then enough clears available to the thief.

@"Antycypator.9874" said:Scourge (before nerf): milions of condis, transfers, CC, barrier. NOT BROKEN.Reaper: 2 health bars, massive dmg. NOT BROKEN.Warrior: Immune to damage, has strong CC. NOT BROKEN.Ranger: pew pew pew from max range + pets and traps. Can shot from it's back (yea, I saw that in PvP). NOT BROKEN.Engineer: Tanky, Control, can generate boons. NOT BROKEN.Guardian: traps (can one-shot people at mid), at least 4 healing skills, blocks, heavy damage. NOT BROKEN.

But Thief is BROKEN, because of mobility, stealth and evades. Class that can't 1v1. Thief is a class like "hit your enemy and run". Why is it unfair for you?

Disregarding the obvious exaggerations, this isn't too far from the truth.