Why does Druid use celestial magic, from what i know about druids they shouldn't — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Why does Druid use celestial magic, from what i know about druids they shouldn't

Sure WoW did it but thats not a good reason...
Every civilization/religion/ideology got a calender based on stars/planets and such, not a good reason...

Celestial magic seems really out of place on a Druid, they deal with nature/life/spirits and maybe dabble in a bit of elemental magic.

Comments

• Substance E.4852Substance E.4852 Member ✭✭✭✭

Because we already have an elemental magic mage class and there was probably more to the Druids in HoT that got left on the cutting room floor that we'll never get to see.

Anet was probably also worried it would make them seem to Sylvari themed if it were all plant magic as well as the effects being lost in the background of the Maguma jungle areas.

Or the just wanted space tides magic for reasons, who knows...

• anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭✭

My guess:
    Ventari rev was originaly designed for the druid, and the pet was going to pulse the healing and stuff. That's why we had a trait with the wisp surrounding the druid, to have access to some PbAoE heal because all was going to be around the pet.

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

@anduriell.6280 said:
    My guess:
    Ventari rev was originaly designed for the druid, and the pet was going to pulse the healing and stuff. That's why we had a trait with the wisp surrounding the druid, to have access to some PbAoE heal because all was going to be around the pet.

That would've been a freaking dope e-spec.

• Durzlla.6295Durzlla.6295 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Swagger.1459 gets it, I was actually very happy they used star magic due to the relevance in historical Druidism, they even have bits of the spirit magic via the whisp stuff.

Granted I do wish they would’ve had some more plant based things, but thematically I like how they did it.

"But my children sing to me. Listen. They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family. As their mother, I have to grant them their wish."

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Durzlla.6295 said:
    @Swagger.1459 gets it, I was actually very happy they used star magic due to the relevance in historical Druidism, they even have bits of the spirit magic via the whisp stuff.

Granted I do wish they would’ve had some more plant based things, but thematically I like how they did it.

Yeah i would've liked more plant based stuff too.