New Chaotic Interruption bug

PeLi.5498

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@viquing.8254 said:If mesmer hasn't half his gameplay based on illusion/shatter and have normal weapon effect it can be good yeah but sincerely :
  • reduce the cd of 2 sword isn't that good considering the meh damage and static of this skill (and not moving in WvW big fight is rarely a good idea.).
  • reduce the cd of 3 sword, even if I put apart the fact that there is plethora of positionning bug with this skill, you can't realisticly use it in big WvW groups because the clone will die 0.10 sec after popped (like warden.).

So like you said at start there is basically 1, sometimes 2 skills you want to reduce the CD in each weapon set which is why the day they annonce what they will do with CI I wrote in this forum that it will be meh.Now we will see but for the moment I never see a mesmer using it on PvP apart me for testing during 2 days, I don't listen it were used un PvE and even if it can be used in big WvW groups on the paper, the gameplay around it is trash.
  • If the skill is meh damage and too immobile then don't use it and have the benefit go to another skill.
  • When you are using sw+f/sw+sh in WvW the clone is suppose to die immediately anyway because you are instantly shattering it to proc CS now that we don't have IP.
  • It is not meant to be a PvP/PvE trait. In WvW you are still a cc bot. Instead of interrupting to immobilize you are to hard cc or block more often.

@"Me Games Ma.8426" said:At this point I would be happier with alacrity on that trait...

I suggested alacrity on the first balance thread feedback. Mesmer doesn't benefit at all from 5sec cd on one skill since mesmer relies heavily on combos.Of course ANerf didn't listen because mesmer mains aren't truthworthy.

It was included among WvW centered traits in a dev post so I believe it is geared towards builds where you are constantly using focus or shield to interrupt enemies and not many of the other weapon skills. Combined with mantra of distraction and gravity well you can consistently reduce the cooldown on those skills. This works well with the changes to delayed reactions and lost time. And is probably the reason why chaotic interruption and lost time have ICDs. Otherwise you could instantly gain 15 seconds of alacrity and possibly reset temporal curtain.

Chrono is dead, so shield is dead.Focus is trash, phantasm damage is pathetic and focus 4 pull takes too long.The fact that CI reduces the cd of a random weapon skill doesn't help either.

Again, it was listed as an upcoming wvw centered change. One of the main builds for mesmer in that mode was sword/focus + sword/shield with chaotic interruption and trying to interrupt the enemy. The CI reduction is not random when you only have one weapon skill on cooldown. You may not like to play that game mode, especially with Chrono's lack of IP but that doesn't change their intent.

You really think it's healthy to use only 1 weapon skill because of trait synergy ?I mean talking about gameplay it's even worst than to be a veil bot.

They do

Chaotic Interruption has been reworked as a trait that offers a dynamic and skillful form of play by giving savvy players a means to use their abilities to recharge weapon skills.

And even if you aren't using one weapon skill its also useful for your block or blurred frenzy to have its cooldown reduced. Even for illusionary leap given we don't have illusionary persona.

The only sw+f/sw+sh skill you don't want this trait to proc on is phantasmal warden. And why are you even using warden in a zerg when it's damage is severely reduced by its functionality.

immagine using grandmaster trait, procing it. and in return almost getting reset on ability that summons ilusion. the fact that you had to list it as something "worth" doing shows how bad this trait is.the abilities that have impact and matter have long cooldown, ( pistol 4 and 5 ) curtains, shield 5. so getting 5s reset means jack kitten, getting reset on other abilities is almost useless, nobody gonna use this trait, another trait down the drain of unusability

Pistol already has a trait to reduce it's cooldown on interrupt. This trait is perfectly fine for reducing the cooldown on sword 3, focus 4, or shield 4/5. It does not matter to them whether it is almost useless on other skills because it is intended for WvW cc bots, and you can control which skill is affected by planning ahead.

meh, just think realistically about this trait, if you use it to recharge CC ability, like pistol 5 or shield 5 or curtain, you will have to interrupt enemy 4-5 times, assuming it lands perfectly and lines up with cooldowns.you have to interrupt 4-5 times for a GRANDMASTER to give you 1 extra ability.to do it you also give up every other ability. yikes

PS if they wanted it to work in a way you say they wanted it to work they could do some brainstorming and make it unique.example ! -> interrupting enemy recharges ability that you used to interrupt oponent. X cooldownadd a bonus of getting some boons/condi and its done.

Chrono has alacrity. Shield 5 can reduce its own cooldown 1-2 times. Pistol skills have duelist discipline. The rest have 20% off when traited. This trait works with that existing framework. Not replaces it.

From the WvW changes thread they made

Chaotic Interruption has been reworked as a trait that offers a dynamic and skillful form of play by giving savvy players a means to use their abilities to recharge weapon skills.

This goal is perfectly fine. You can give 12.5%-100% reduce recharge if you aren't going for a WvW build. And on a WvW build you can reliably get your shield or focus to have cc up every time you weapon swap.

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:

@viquing.8254 said:If mesmer hasn't half his gameplay based on illusion/shatter and have normal weapon effect it can be good yeah but sincerely :
  • reduce the cd of 2 sword isn't that good considering the meh damage and static of this skill (and not moving in WvW big fight is rarely a good idea.).
  • reduce the cd of 3 sword, even if I put apart the fact that there is plethora of positionning bug with this skill, you can't realisticly use it in big WvW groups because the clone will die 0.10 sec after popped (like warden.).

So like you said at start there is basically 1, sometimes 2 skills you want to reduce the CD in each weapon set which is why the day they annonce what they will do with CI I wrote in this forum that it will be meh.Now we will see but for the moment I never see a mesmer using it on PvP apart me for testing during 2 days, I don't listen it were used un PvE and even if it can be used in big WvW groups on the paper, the gameplay around it is trash.
  • If the skill is meh damage and too immobile then don't use it and have the benefit go to another skill.
  • When you are using sw+f/sw+sh in WvW the clone is suppose to die immediately anyway because you are instantly shattering it to proc CS now that we don't have IP.
  • It is not meant to be a PvP/PvE trait. In WvW you are still a cc bot. Instead of interrupting to immobilize you are to hard cc or block more often.

@"Me Games Ma.8426" said:At this point I would be happier with alacrity on that trait...

I suggested alacrity on the first balance thread feedback. Mesmer doesn't benefit at all from 5sec cd on one skill since mesmer relies heavily on combos.Of course ANerf didn't listen because mesmer mains aren't truthworthy.

It was included among WvW centered traits in a dev post so I believe it is geared towards builds where you are constantly using focus or shield to interrupt enemies and not many of the other weapon skills. Combined with mantra of distraction and gravity well you can consistently reduce the cooldown on those skills. This works well with the changes to delayed reactions and lost time. And is probably the reason why chaotic interruption and lost time have ICDs. Otherwise you could instantly gain 15 seconds of alacrity and possibly reset temporal curtain.

Chrono is dead, so shield is dead.Focus is trash, phantasm damage is pathetic and focus 4 pull takes too long.The fact that CI reduces the cd of a random weapon skill doesn't help either.

Again, it was listed as an upcoming wvw centered change. One of the main builds for mesmer in that mode was sword/focus + sword/shield with chaotic interruption and trying to interrupt the enemy. The CI reduction is not random when you only have one weapon skill on cooldown. You may not like to play that game mode, especially with Chrono's lack of IP but that doesn't change their intent.

You really think it's healthy to use only 1 weapon skill because of trait synergy ?I mean talking about gameplay it's even worst than to be a veil bot.

They do

And even if you aren't using one weapon skill its also useful for your block or blurred frenzy to have its cooldown reduced. Even for illusionary leap given we don't have illusionary persona.

The only sw+f/sw+sh skill you don't want this trait to proc on is phantasmal warden. And why are you even using warden in a zerg when it's damage is severely reduced by its functionality.

immagine using grandmaster trait, procing it. and in return almost getting reset on ability that summons ilusion. the fact that you had to list it as something "worth" doing shows how bad this trait is.the abilities that have impact and matter have long cooldown, ( pistol 4 and 5 ) curtains, shield 5. so getting 5s reset means jack kitten, getting reset on other abilities is almost useless, nobody gonna use this trait, another trait down the drain of unusability

Pistol already has a trait to reduce it's cooldown on interrupt. This trait is perfectly fine for reducing the cooldown on sword 3, focus 4, or shield 4/5. It does not matter to them whether it is almost useless on other skills because it is intended for WvW cc bots, and you can control which skill is affected by planning ahead.

meh, just think realistically about this trait, if you use it to recharge CC ability, like pistol 5 or shield 5 or curtain, you will have to interrupt enemy 4-5 times, assuming it lands perfectly and lines up with cooldowns.you have to interrupt 4-5 times for a GRANDMASTER to give you 1 extra ability.to do it you also give up every other ability. yikes

PS if they wanted it to work in a way you say they wanted it to work they could do some brainstorming and make it unique.example ! -> interrupting enemy recharges ability that you used to interrupt oponent. X cooldownadd a bonus of getting some boons/condi and its done.

Chrono has alacrity. Shield 5 can reduce its own cooldown 1-2 times. Pistol skills have duelist discipline. The rest have 20% off when traited. This trait works with that existing framework. Not replaces it.

From the WvW changes thread they made

This goal is perfectly fine. You can give 12.5%-100% reduce recharge if you aren't going for a WvW build. And on a WvW build you can reliably get your shield or focus to have cc up every time you weapon swap.

sorry but I just dont see it, its bad version of chaos storm on heal, but in a grandmaster, If they wanted to introduce WvW changing GRANDMSTER they could do something more impresive, like clones you spawn are immune to damage for x secounds, or clones killed up to 3s after spawning do y, or clones killed during shatter deliver their shatter effect to the killer, I srsl dont see a point for WvW chrono, why not just use tactics spb, get perma full hp throught abusing might gen, wipe the floor with the noboons zone, while having several CC with mace, bullcharge,kick shield,fullcounter etcetc

@Leonidrex.5649 said:sorry but I just dont see it, its bad version of chaos storm on heal, but in a grandmaster, If they wanted to introduce WvW changing GRANDMSTER they could do something more impresive, like clones you spawn are immune to damage for x secounds, or clones killed up to 3s after spawning do y, or clones killed during shatter deliver their shatter effect to the killer, I srsl dont see a point for WvW chrono, why not just use tactics spb, get perma full hp throught abusing might gen, wipe the floor with the noboons zone, while having several CC with mace, bullcharge,kick shield,fullcounter etcetc

There are eight different traits from six traitlines that can provide 20% or more CD reduction to a weapon. This is one trait that can affect ALL weapons. It is designed to supplement existing traits. Or allow you to get CD reduction without having to waste a trait/traitline.

For example. Descent into madness (chaos storm on heal) can be combined with chaotic dampening and chaotic interruption to greatly reduce a CD on staff/trident. Or you can take chaotic transference or auspicious anguish and still get 15% to 50% reduction.

As for WvW none of the CCs you just listed are long ranges aoe. And the meta shifts. Supporting the cc bot playstyle chrono had is the first step.

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:sorry but I just dont see it, its bad version of chaos storm on heal, but in a grandmaster, If they wanted to introduce WvW changing GRANDMSTER they could do something more impresive, like clones you spawn are immune to damage for x secounds, or clones killed up to 3s after spawning do y, or clones killed during shatter deliver their shatter effect to the killer, I srsl dont see a point for WvW chrono, why not just use tactics spb, get perma full hp throught abusing might gen, wipe the floor with the noboons zone, while having several CC with mace, bullcharge,kick shield,fullcounter etcetc

There are eight different traits from six traitlines that can provide 20% or more CD reduction to a weapon. This is one trait that can affect ALL weapons. It is designed to supplement existing traits. Or allow you to get CD reduction without having to waste a trait/traitline.

For example. Descent into madness (chaos storm on heal) can be combined with chaotic dampening and chaotic interruption to greatly reduce a CD on staff/trident. Or you can take chaotic transference or auspicious anguish and still get 15% to 50% reduction.

As for WvW none of the CCs you just listed are long ranges aoe. And the meta shifts. Supporting the cc bot playstyle chrono had is the first step.

I am not sure I follow, do you srsl think current Chaotic Interruption is a good trait?and the 6 or more traitlines that reduce cooldowns are not GRANDMASTER traits, they also dont force you to INTERRUPT enemies, they also are not RNG they also provide other bonuses like protection on staff or ferocity on sword. this grandmaster is worse then similar traits.

Heck if they wanted chrono as a cc bot they could make a trait that makes CC abilities consume 2 stacks of stability when blocked by it, and reduce ALL cooldowns of disabling powers by 10%. be creative. doesnt take more then 2minutes to finde a better solution then this junk.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Trait recharges a random skill, you're acting if it recharges the skill you want everytime. CI is trash. The only viable chaos gm is PU and even PU is only worth it in wvw.

BD is good when combined with signet of illu, for that sweet 4cloneshatter-> piano f3,f2,f1. recharge into piano f3,f2,1 boomspam.

BD is one of the most nerfed traits out there, it was nerfed several times, it used to be good.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Trait recharges a random skill, you're acting if it recharges the skill you want everytime. CI is trash. The only viable chaos gm is PU and even PU is only worth it in wvw.

BD is good when combined with signet of illu, for that sweet 4cloneshatter-> piano f3,f2,f1. recharge into piano f3,f2,1 boomspam.

BD is one of the most nerfed traits out there, it was nerfed several times, it used to be good.

I just read through the changes and it wasnt good, it was utterly overpowered, 5s of stability along with fury+might+vigor, lasting LONG time is way too much.