Gee wiz : Herald is not the only useful Revenants in WvW

Knighthonor.4061

Any of you getting the "STFU and Go Herald or get kicked" attitude in WvW. I hate that. One of the fears I have about Alliances going forward honestly.

Seem to be the general consensus that only Herald has any use when it comes to Revenants in WvW. Yeah I know Herald is meta in a lot of areas but it's not the only way to Revenant and be effective.

Echos on core for me provides a nice consistency in energy management to dish out good support in different forms.

You only take rev for hammer in zerg wvw which is not tied to herald and everything else is just bonus. Glint is pretty optional as all it's boons are basic and easilly obtainable from other sources; jalis, shiro, and malyx all can be pretty good in large scale. Facet of nature is barely noticeable, arguably worse than ancient echo. Biggest reasons to herald is forceful persisence for more damage or draconic echo to make the glint boon sharing better, but once more glint only shares common boons anyways. However running renegade with righteous rebel gives good alacrity up-time to 10 people in the zerg which is a rare and coveted boon definitely worth considering over herald. Don't take Kalla though, warband members are borderline useless, same with shortbow.

To add to that: Unlike stripping the alacrity on renegades, boon stripping a herald isn't as hurtful because the reapplication isn't 20 seconds later.

If Arenanet wanted to cut down on herald's prominence over core revenant the interval could easily be changed from 3s to 15s , with boon duration changed to match.

@"Virdo.1540" said:

"Herald is meta in a lot of areas" The only thing the herald can do is to do some slow big damage over range, the rest is pretty crappy

That's just not true. It brings very important boons to the party, has superspeed, has unmatched survivability (literally unkillable with heal skill. can get through any bomb), extra cleave with elemental blast, and a stunbreak/reveal. Herald is just SUPER good for WvW. Renegade is decent, but it's just harder to be as effective as a Herald, and the legend is questionable at best in WvW. I know the renegade build doesn't use the legend, but the difference between what you get with Glint and having to play without Glint is huge.

With the most recent changes, stacking scourges is just stronger than stacking Revs. Herald can 10 man boon with Draconic Echo so you only need 1 Herald per 10 people, opening an additional scourge slot. Renegade takes a scourge or support slot.

I can't speak to the group that kicked OP, but that's how I'd look at it.

Renegade utilities are way to weak, to be used in pvp components, even on pve the are dull and mediocre at best.

More than anything in rev renegade utilities need more boon duration, 1/4 of a second with boon duration on some utility For Stability.... useless lol.

Anet need to convert them to work similiar do gw1 wards than what they are now, the beatable spirit similiar do gw1 RT spirits it’s ok’ish but the current effects aren’t.

That’s why most use herald or 2x core legends

@Aeolus.3615 said:More than anything in rev renegade utilities need more boon duration, 1/4 of a second with boon duration on some utility For Stability.... useless lol.

If you’re referring to Darkrazor (the only renegade skill that gives stability) then it’s important to realize the Stability is ONLY there to cover the cast time of the Stunbreak. That’s literally the only reason they added it in.

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:More than anything in rev renegade utilities need more boon duration, 1/4 of a second with boon duration on some utility For Stability.... useless lol.

If you’re referring to Darkrazor (the only renegade skill that gives stability) then it’s important to realize the Stability is ONLY there to cover the cast time of the Stunbreak. That’s literally the only reason they added it in.

Oh ic.

@Buran.3796 said:

@Zikory.6871 said:With the most recent changes, stacking scourges is just stronger than stacking Revs.

True, but mostly due stacking Revs is stacking bugs...

Bugs aren't the reason. Revs don't have the corruption skills to compete with the boon output. Scourge brings corruption and damage in the same rotation increasing damage from your other classes.

@Zikory.6871 said:

@Zikory.6871 said:With the most recent changes, stacking scourges is just stronger than stacking Revs.

Bugs aren't the reason. Revs don't have the corruption skills to compete with the boon output. Scourge brings corruption and damage in the same rotation increasing damage from your other classes.

When your sole reason to exist in a team in WvW is to provide long range AoE damage with CoR and the program code for that single skill is a full glitch and remains unfixed for weeks I would argue that yes, bugs are the main reason due the only build (aside from Scrappers) which were meta in a niche part of the game using hammer is now fading and replaced by more consistent classes.

@Buran.3796 said:

When your sole reason to exist in a team in WvW is to provide long range AoE damage with CoR and the program code for that single skill is a full glitch and remains unfixed for weeks I would argue that yes, bugs are the main reason due the only build (aside from Scrappers) which were meta in a niche part of the game using hammer is now fading and replaced by more consistent classes.

Fixing CoR won't change the fact that Revs do not corrupt or strip boons. Brutality is a joke and banish enchantment is to energy heavy.

Heralds is taken for easy access to basic boons...hence OP's complaint...Nerf CoR to the ground and groups will still use Heralds.

The first impact still works. Which is fine for me since pirate ship is a boring meta.