Big DoinkMeta Tactics Warrior (WvW)

JusticeRetroHunter.7684

So i spent some thinking about support warrior, invested in gear to see if it would work....and it was mediocre at best. It was alright...not good, not bad...somewhere in between. I reanalyzed my approach and i wanted to see if i could do what the meta WvW Spellbreaker build does now, if not more. After testing with the synergy of Mending Might and Phalanx Strength, i went ahead and made a competitive SB build for WvW.

Big Doink Tactics Warrior for WvW

How it works

! This is a WvW build, with the purpose of mimicking the official meta Bubble build currently for world vs world. The most important difference between the two is the drop of discipline for Tactics, and the drop of Defense for Strength. It's critical to understand that these two builds do roughly the same thing, but in different ways. The build is NOT meant to be used as a might bot generator for allies. It's supposed to be played exactly as you play the current WvW Spellbreaker.!! The idea is the following line of thought:! -Everytime you dodge or use an ability, you gain might.! -Everytime you gain might, your allies gain might.! -Everytime might is granted to an ally you are healed, and you gain endurance.!! So you can see that the statement is circular. The more dodges and abilities you use, the more might you gain and the more healing and endurance you gain so that you can dodge more and use more abilities. This line of thinking is pervasive through out the build and allows you to survive for very long periods of time within an enemy zerg. You only need to meet 2 requirements to maintain this type of sustain:!! -Allies (up to 5) have to be within a 600 radius of your position.! -The more targets you hit, the higher the healing.

Abilities

Winds of Disenchantment

! In the current WvW Spellbreaker build, Winds of Disenchantment (aka Bubble) is the most important ability that will define the rest of the zerg fight. A well positioned Bubble will help your zerg navigate through enemy lines, and it will steer enemies toward where you want them to go. It can strip a hilarious amount of boons, and prevents them from being reapplied.! In our build, Winds of Disenchantment itself will heal you for enough HP to counteract almost any DPS heading your way. You only need to pop Balanced Stance so that your winds doesn't get interrupted. Bubble will heal you for 4k every 1/2 second (or 8k every second) based on the amount of players you are hitting, and the amount of players within 600 radius of your position. So the combination when using bubble is [balanced Stance + Winds of Disenchantment]

Full Counter

! This burst is great fun. It's a main source for inflicting immobilization, interruption, healing, endurance and adrenaline. It's a key skill that should be used on cooldown as often as possible. Try and use your other Burst Abilities before triggering Full Counter to make the most use out of it.! Immobilization- Full Counter will immobilize 5 players for 2 seconds.! Interuption- FC will stun 5 players, if an interruption occurs, it will trigger your sigils to steal boons and grant you might. If you steal might then hey ;)! Healing- Because FC will grant you might it will heal you (anywhere between 4-8k healing)! Endurance- FC will grant you 15 endurance, and for every might gained (anywhere from 5 to 15 max) which adds up to about 50 endurance (an extra dodge)! Adrenaline- Loss Aversion and Dispelling force will make FC trigger boon removal from up to 25 targets. That's more than enough to gain full adrenaline.

EarthShaker

! Like Full Counter, this burst will do almost exactly what FC does. It will immobilize, interupt, Heal, grant you endurance and adrenaline. You can use it twice, one before procing FC and one after.

Utilities

! Break Enchantments is used to grant you adrenaline by stripping boons. Use it when you need adrenaline, and try to use it often to get maximum boon removal.! For Great Justice is basically your Big Doink healing skill. It will heal you for about 10k. Use this Shout while channeling Bubble if you see your health start dipping too low.! Balanced stance is just for use with Bubble to prevent it from getting interrupted.! Defiant Stance is just a useful heal all together, and can be used anytime you feel like you need to leave a fight, or feel too pressured.

Greatsword

! The abilities on Greatsword are pretty standard. You can actually replace Greatsword with any weapon you feel comfortable with. Greatsword is useful in that it has an extra evade, which can help you fill in evade gaps while you might be running low on endurance. Greatsword also benefits from the trait "Forceful Great sword" in that you get 100% chance to gain might whenever you critically hit. As you can tell by the gear choice, you can see why we want to have 100% critical hit chance...for more might. So essentially, every attack you make on greatsword will heal you and give you endurance, and those attacks scale on a per target basis.

Dodging

! This is probably the most important thing on the whole build. Dodging itself is a component of the damage you deal, which also happens to give you might (between 5 - 13 stacks every dodge) and thus dodging is not only useful for evading things and dealing unblockable damage, but will heal you for a lot of health, and in return give you back endurance.

NotesThis build is largely restrictive in that the two trait-lines, Strength and Tactics, are intimately connected in functionality.Utilities are fully optional choices, with the above being somewhat the most logical choices for the game mode. Weaponsare also optional choices. Axe offhand can be a somewhat decent alternative to either weapon.This build is still a work in progress, and further testing needs to be done. Would like to know people's experience's with the buildand whether they prefer it over discipline. Have Fun.

@"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:

Everytime might is granted to an ally you are healed, and you gain endurance.Might Makes Right only applies to the might you grant to yourself: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Might_Makes_Right

But yes, if you hit 5 people with FC while in GS and interrupt one of them you will get ~10-13 might for yourself, and grant that much to up to 5 players nearby. Assuming 10 might for easy math: 10(133+69) + 105*69 = 5,470 hp. With 35 endurance gained (15 from Building Momentum and 20 from 10 might applied to yourself).

Crits with bubble up is a similar amount of healing per tick.

Since your goal is to camp GS for might generation Fast Hands is only needed if you wanted to get back into GS after swapping from it in the first place. You should be building enough adrenaline with the boon ripping and cleaving that Burst Mastery is not needed either. That said Discipline would make it easier. You'll also be missing out on Warrior's Sprint, so perhaps dagger/warhorn instead of Hammer? More might generation and swiftness would be useful.

Here is my suggestion: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKxEECNssBmE7iJyOxhaq+dB-z1YYhgA3RNnHJogSJwEIzCo0II7QwkTSYsHeLBusB-w

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:

Everytime might is granted to an ally you are healed, and you gain endurance.Might Makes Right only applies to the might you grant to yourself:

But yes, if you hit 5 people with FC while in GS and interrupt one of them you will get ~10-13 might for yourself, and grant that much to up to 5 players nearby. Assuming 10 might for easy math: 10
(133+69) + 10
5*69 = 5,470 hp. With 35 endurance gained (15 from Building Momentum and 20 from 10 might applied to yourself).

Crits with bubble up is a similar amount of healing per tick.

Since your goal is to camp GS for might generation Fast Hands is only needed if you wanted to get back into GS after swapping from it in the first place. You should be building enough adrenaline with the boon ripping and cleaving that Burst Mastery is not needed either. That said Discipline would make it easier. You'll also be missing out on Warrior's Sprint, so perhaps dagger/warhorn instead of Hammer? More might generation and swiftness would be useful.

Here is my suggestion:

Ya thanks for the input.

I find that you can use whatever weapon you like, you will get roughly the same amount of healing. The reason is because the healing scales with the amount of damage packets you are pumping out, and not just about how much might you are actually gaining by a particular ability.so axe offhand with 50% from forceful greatsword can achieve the same amount of healing as Greatsword because it can pump out many more packets of damage giving the food and FG to trigger more often.

dagger being single target (and warhorn being non damaging) actually goes against that philosophy and returns less healing than you would if you used hammer or axe. Plus you just lose damage and adrenaline gain by a significant margin.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Why not run Axe/Axe then instead of Hammer and rely on FC for the interrupt?

Yes, this is a viable alternative. The main reason that Hammer is the most logical choice is because it can also rip boons, immobilize and give you back your full adrenaline (since boonrips = adrenaline, with Dispelling Force+Loss Aversion)

Axe/Axe is good if you want to be a hardcore DPS-monger and go for maximum damage. You won't really be using the Axe burst for anything (even though that would also give you some might too) but it doesn't provide the immobilization, boonrips, and it's single target. So ya like you said, you just rely on FC for those effects.

You can also just replace Greatsword, by going Axe/axe (or Dagger/axe) and Hammer. This way you don't lose out on the boon rips,immobilization and Adrenaline from hammer. Only thing you lose out on is that Greatsword provides a nifty extra evade from GS 3 which can sometimes be a lifesaver if things get sticky, and is a good re-positioning tool.

There's a lot of options you can go into with the weapons. I haven't even considered Longbow or any other weapons but i'm sure they'd still be useful one way or the other.

try sword/axe instead of GS, axe 5 makes you immortal and gives everyone near you full might stacks. the sword can then be used to immob 3 people per AA chain.

Might want to check out pack runes too, they let you run zerker instead of assassins and provide free might/healing. with fgj/pack you can keep fury up too for your party

@RisenHowl.2419 said:try sword/axe instead of GS, axe 5 makes you immortal and gives everyone near you full might stacks. the sword can then be used to immob 3 people per AA chain.

Might want to check out pack runes too, they let you run zerker instead of assassins and provide free might/healing. with fgj/pack you can keep fury up too for your party

Can confirm that Pack runes are awesome with Tactics and FGJ.

@RisenHowl.2419 said:try sword/axe instead of GS, axe 5 makes you immortal and gives everyone near you full might stacks. the sword can then be used to immob 3 people per AA chain.

I also really like sanctuary runes. Gives you some nice barrier uptime.

It’s also a good way to quantify how much the might actually heals you for rather than doing the math everytime

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

It’s also a good way to quantify how much the might actually heals you for rather than doing the math everytime

I had not thought about sanctuary runes. Good idea until a warrior’s cunning gun flame hits you.

I had not thought about sanctuary runes. Good idea until a warrior’s cunning gun flame hits you.

which happens like....never, and if it does, you might as well get hit by any other big bursting abillity

How do you think fc will remove boons from up to 25 targets? It doesnt. Enchantment collaps has 1s internal cd, if that is how you think it works?

Sure you might have lots of heal with that build, but you are way too squishy, one solid cc and burst or just an unexpected burst (as it will happen often when 50+ppl throw kitten at you) and you are instantly downed. You wont be able to heal back up when you go down in 0.5seconds.

@RedShark.9548 said:How do you think fc will remove boons from up to 25 targets? It doesnt. Enchantment collaps has 1s internal cd, if that is how you think it works?

Sure you might have lots of heal with that build, but you are way too squishy, one solid cc and burst or just an unexpected burst (as it will happen often when 50+ppl throw kitten at you) and you are instantly downed. You wont be able to heal back up when you go down in 0.5seconds.

Ya I completely forgot about the ICD, which in that case is 10 total boonstrips from an FC instead of 25 (13 if you count the sigil) Still it gives you 26 adrenaline which is nearly full.

I think you’d be surprised as to how resilient the build is. Zerker is the meta anyway so it’s not really any different than what the meta is now. If you really want to you can bring defy pain as a utility if you are really not sure you can survive with the build.

Once you get us-to the healing while dodging aspect you’ll be able to pull off surviving in the heat of a big Zerg.

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:How do you think fc will remove boons from up to 25 targets? It doesnt. Enchantment collaps has 1s internal cd, if that is how you think it works?

Ya I completely forgot about the ICD, which in that case is 10 total boonstrips from an FC instead of 25 (13 if you count the sigil) Still it gives you 26 endurance which is nearly full.

I think you’d be surprised as to how resilient the build is. Zerker is the meta anyway so it’s not really any different than what the meta is now. If you really want to you can bring defy pain as a utility if you are really not sure you can survive with the build.

Once you get us-to the healing while dodging aspect you’ll be able to pull off surviving in the heat of a big Zerg.

I'll second this, the healing from mending might+might makes right is really absurd. easily enough to survive melee combat with large groups so long as you're getting stability

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

Ya I completely forgot about the ICD, which in that case is 10 total boonstrips from an FC instead of 25 (13 if you count the sigil) Still it gives you 26 endurance which is nearly full.

I'll second this, the healing from mending might+might makes right is really absurd. easily enough to survive melee combat with large groups so long as you're getting stability

Yea, and thats pretty much the problem, you will never always have stab, especially when you want to place aggressive bubbles.Its just too unreliable and depends too much on others.

Also, why even bother playing a full melee dmg spec in big blobs? You have enough ranged dmg in groups like that to nuke anybody who is in the wrong spot.Even if 50ppl only do 1000 dmg with 1 hit, thats still 50000 dmg, thats more than enough to kill someone (i know target cap exists, but that wont rly make a difference)

Its so much more efficient to play a melee spec that keeps your zerg alive (so those 50+ppl can all do their 50k dmg reliably) and keep your enemies from moving around with cc and boonrips.

You wont be able to dmg enemies while you bubble (i know loss aversion and bubble do some dmg, but not that much) but guess what, ppl still drop in masses inside your bubble, if its well placed and in your zergs attack range. So why bother playing such a dmg spec as warrior?

@RedShark.9548 said:

Yea, and thats pretty much the problem, you will never always have stab, especially when you want to place aggressive bubbles.Its just too unreliable and depends too much on others.

Also, why even bother playing a full melee dmg spec in big blobs? You have enough ranged dmg in groups like that to nuke anybody who is in the wrong spot.Even if 50ppl only do 1000 dmg with 1 hit, thats still 50000 dmg, thats more than enough to kill someone (i know target cap exists, but that wont rly make a difference)

Its so much more efficient to play a melee spec that keeps your zerg alive (so those 50+ppl can all do their 50k dmg reliably) and keep your enemies from moving around with cc and boonrips.

You wont be able to dmg enemies while you bubble (i know loss aversion and bubble do some dmg, but not that much) but guess what, ppl still drop in masses inside your bubble, if its well placed and in your zergs attack range. So why bother playing such a dmg spec as warrior?

Because its fun?

Because its fun?

Oof