Wouldn't great axes be great?

People have pushed for this and Scythes since game release but users will always post that it doesn't fit certain animations.

Personally I would love them and would love it to be added so I can equip it to my characters that have the right animations or look for it, obviously it's not a 1 size fits all but the opportunity itself is welcoming.

Expecting someone to make a joke regarding the title

Oh fine, I'll do it.

Well they wouldn't be Great Axes if they weren't Great, now would they ?

Now that's over with, Sure, that would be alright. Personally I think great axes could be accomodated as Hammer skins, since for the most part they're both great weapons, and have relatively similar handling. Obviously having it as a seperate weapon would be very nice, but I'd rather hand land spear, which would be significantly different than the existing weapons. That is, if they ever do another weapon, which to be fair, they dont seem to be doing. I guess that's one of the balance point they've established and do not want to go back on, for fear of causing a massive mess.

@Naxos.2503 said:Expecting someone to make a joke regarding the title

Oh fine, I'll do it.

Well they wouldn't be Great Axes if they weren't Great, now would they ?

Now that's over with, Sure, that would be alright. Personally I think great axes could be accomodated as Hammer skins, since for the most part they're both great weapons, and have relatively similar handling. Obviously having it as a seperate weapon would be very nice, but I'd rather hand land spear, which would be significantly different than the existing weapons. That is, if they ever do another weapon, which to be fair, they dont seem to be doing. I guess that's one of the balance point they've established and do not want to go back on, for fear of causing a massive mess.

Pretty sure balance is beyond achievable at this point, lolThey have proven that for 3-4 years?Might as well make the imbalance more interesting at least.Great axes and land spears sound G-R-R-R-E-A-T

It would be awesome, but the nay sayers and A-net themselves refuse to even entertain the idea. We've gone on about this for a long time now and its become abundantly clear that its "Too much work" for them. Like the majority of basic features other games shove out with expansions, or content updates... but thats none of my business though.

The question you have to answer is how a new weapon would fit into all of the professions and elite specs. If you add a new weapon, you will undoubtedly have to add it to every profession as that is the goal for all weapons through elite specs. Realistically, I don't see a new weapon coming until we have all weapons for all classes. Still don't have my longbow elementalist (Arcane Archer) so I'd rather see that happen before they muddy the waters with new weapons.

With that said, how would the great axe function for each profession?

@Trise.2865 said:They would be pretty, but wouldn't really add anything. Little point to it.

Funny people said this about Greatswords prior to Greatswords being revealed to be in GW2.

I remember people complaining about the idea of Greatswords in GW2 before the reveal by saying things like Greatswords arent realistic to use in combat and stuff like that. Funny to look back on. Greatsword is the most popular weapon as we all know after the fact.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Trise.2865 said:They would be pretty, but wouldn't really add anything. Little point to it.

Funny people said this about Greatswords prior to Greatswords being revealed to be in GW2.

I remember people complaining about the idea of Greatswords in GW2 before the reveal by saying things like Greatswords arent realistic to use in combat and stuff like that. Funny to look back on. Greatsword is the most popular weapon as we all know after the fact.

You're making that up. Literally nobody said that, and Greatsword was one of the first weapons revealed. They did, however, complain about the comical size of available Greatswords despite not having seen any but the basic claymore model.

@Trise.2865 said:

You're making that up. Literally nobody said that, and Greatsword was one of the first weapons revealed. They did, however, complain about the comical size of available Greatswords despite not having seen any but the basic claymore model.

nah I am not making it up since I know first hand I was attacked on Guild Wars 2 Guru back before early 2010 for even suggesting 2hander swords, which we didnt have a name for the Greatsword yet since they wasnt revealed to be in the game.

Would be nice to find some of the old archived pages on GW2G.com but that old forum seem scrubbed from the internet for any Google searching to do anything.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

nah I am not making it up since I know first hand I was attacked on Guild Wars 2 Guru back before early 2010 for even suggesting 2hander swords, which we didnt have a name for the Greatsword yet since they wasnt revealed to be in the game.

Would be nice to find some of the old archived pages on GW2G.com but that old forum seem scrubbed from the internet for any Google searching to do anything.

you're talking about guru, the most hostile place anyone can go..

anyway, i would love a great axe, just as much as i would love to see a one handed hammer but ppl confuse a hammer with a mace.....

@sorudo.9054 said:

anyway, i would love a great axe, just as much as i would love to see a one handed hammer but ppl confuse a hammer with a mace.....

well obviously, since this forum didnt exist back then. What other place would I been talking about? :-P

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

well obviously, since this forum didnt exist back then. What other place would I been talking about? :-P

i came from guild wars online, a more civilized forum.

If they do give us something like great axes it will undoubtedly be with an Elite Spec, just like the melee staff and the ranged hammer. The animation doesn’t need to match any current weapons so it could be in with regular axes and they give us a handful of great axe skins but the players can use the regular axe skins if they want.

• 3 weeks later...

@KidRoleplay.3615 said:If it was added to the game, at most, they'd just make it a unique skin for a hammer. Just saying. :anguished:

Hammers could definitely use more exciting skins. I think the maces are fine, because they look like natural maces, however maces having more realistic skins in comparison to other weapon types is contradicting.