anet's vision of the game

kraai.7265

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@kraai.7265 said:

@"oOStaticOo.9467" said:The Developers don't owe you any kind of explanation for what they are doing or when they will be doing it. It is their game and they will do with it as they please and see fit in the timely manner they deem.

Well that being said, most of us purchased the game and expacs, thus are paying customers. (im sure you can see where this is headed).

While we can't necessarily demand, we do have the right as consumers (some who spend monies for gems) to know certain information. I don't agree with anyone in particular, and I don't disagree with anyone. Its more of an impartial fact.

No you don't ... That makes no sense. What information you do think you have the rights to? Buying gems does NOT give you rights to anything except gems.

As a small business owner myself, yes, my customers have the right to know about planned changes to services I do down the road as it may impact them. They may not get the full details, however they are entitled to certain information about services, promotions...etc.

Maybe things are diff here in Canada.

I can tell you right now, you aren't entitled to anything but the services you purchased. You don't have a 'right' to information you feel you want access to unless it affects the service you purchased.

"unless it affects the service you purchased. " ............is this a joke?

No it's not a joke ... WHY would anyone think they have 'rights' to information because they bought something? That's nonsense. That's not got anything to do with 'defending' Anet. It's more about having reasonable expectations as a customer. That's so vague, it doesn't even make sense. What 'information' do you think you have a right to? Information related to your purchase? Sure ... the plans of the company for the next 6 months? No ...

You aren't getting a roadmap, PERIOD. First, your underlying reason to ask for it is a ruse. Second, you wouldn't sit there and be satisfied with it if you did get it. YOu just aren't being honest here. Forget the stupid roadmap ... it's got NOTHING to do with your problems in the game.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"oOStaticOo.9467" said:The Developers don't owe you any kind of explanation for what they are doing or when they will be doing it. It is their game and they will do with it as they please and see fit in the timely manner they deem.

Well that being said, most of us purchased the game and expacs, thus are paying customers. (im sure you can see where this is headed).

While we can't necessarily demand, we do have the right as consumers (some who spend monies for gems) to know certain information. I don't agree with anyone in particular, and I don't disagree with anyone. Its more of an impartial fact.

No you don't ... That makes no sense. What information you do think you have the rights to? Buying gems does NOT give you rights to anything except gems.

As a small business owner myself, yes, my customers have the right to know about planned changes to services I do down the road as it may impact them. They may not get the full details, however they are entitled to certain information about services, promotions...etc.

Maybe things are diff here in Canada.

I can tell you right now, you aren't entitled to anything but the services you purchased. You don't have a 'right' to information you feel you want access to unless it affects the service you purchased.

"unless it affects the service you purchased. " ............is this a joke?

No it's not a joke ... WHY would anyone think they have 'rights' to information because they bought something? That's nonsense. That's not got anything to do with 'defending' Anet. It's more about having reasonable expectations as a customer.

You aren't getting a roadmap, PERIOD. First, your underlying reason to ask for it is a ruse. Second, you wouldn't sit there and be satisfied with it if you did get it. YOu just aren't being honest here. Forget the stupid roadmap ... it's got NOTHING to do with your problems in the game.

Looks like we're going to have to agree to disagree as this will lead to a pointless argument with no clear winner. Any debating from here is pointless and useless.

Can't agree more with OP.Since PoF the balance and WvW/PvP content has been shit.They rework builds in a degree it's a whole new build, cheesy and easy to play, just how they wan't it, it seems. You should'nt fix what ain't broke.Maybe a new balance lead since pof or something, idk what happened but it's getting rly bad now.And i remember anet saying they don't want to announce something they are working on too early, it really feels you announced alliances after you guys sat around the table and brainstormed for an idea to do something with WvW, after 2 years it really proves it.You are becoming a joke of a company anet, please show me i'm wrong.

@"C Cspace Cowboy.5903" said:Did you watch the latest stream with the new systems lead? Go to 54:56 and watch what happens when Hugh mentions he wants to talk about alliances.

Raymond instantly says...Not alot... And hugh immediately skirts the subject.

Pretty much sums up WvW and how its been handled for years.

"Soon"

Ya know, after what ive been dealing with while being up against FC today, im glad this mode is dying off. The gank squads FC has camping outside of the borderlands forts have made it pretty much impossible to do -anything-.

@Dante.1763 said:

@"C Cspace Cowboy.5903" said:Did you watch the latest stream with the new systems lead? Go to 54:56 and watch what happens when Hugh mentions he wants to talk about alliances.

"Soon"

Ya know, after what ive been dealing with while being up against FC today, im glad this mode is dying off. The gank squads FC has camping outside of the borderlands forts have made it pretty much impossible to do -anything-.

Wait.. that must be wrong.. no one is bad except for BG.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

"Soon"

Wait.. that must be wrong.. no one is bad except for BG.

FC Is just as cancerous as BG. Honestly, id rather go up against BG, at least they dont camp entry points with squads, its usually 1-2 players with BG, and they only move if you attack their little spot.

@"kraai.7265" said:If this company, still has some sort of "vision" of how the game should be like it would be great if they share it with their customers

Ever since pof release, it seems almost every change they do in (mostly in wvw or pvp) is completely random, out of place and out of touch

bland balance changes which only break some stuff to buff some other, so the meta is still heavily narrowed but with different builds every 4 monthsweird "reworks" that completely destroy some specs (druid or chrono for example)-i remember when anet advertised this game as a custom rpg, where players could mix any weapon, traitline and stats as they like and still be effective, now is run this build with this weapons to overperform or just go tryhard mode with your custom build

warclaws in wvw without thinking how it would affect community-after years of wvwers asking please not to add mounts in game you did anyways, killing roaming in this game, as we told you it would, and in a ridicule state giving players a portable safe zone, it took 7 months for you to add a demount skill, now it's been so long you are even losing more players than before, because some got used to not beeing forced to fight in an open world pvp zone, they won't play anymore now that they can be killed again when they don't want toalso between power and sustain creep fights were hard to pull of beacause of reinforcementes, they never took this into account, because now they are even harder unless you run one of those so hated one shot builds

no new maps in either pvp or wvw, just one for pvp that most of us feel it's the worst currentlyonly new pve content is the story, which some players are getting sick of, 4 months of wait for a 30 minutes mission, and a new map that takes 4 hours to complete so you never come back again

At first i thought you were out of touch, but then watching how you never reverted nor commented any of the most weird changes in the last year, i'm starting to feel maybe you do have a vision of how the game should be, and it's completely different from what the game has been for the last 5 years, maybe you want to take things into another place

It would be good if you share that for us, so for example the hardcore pvper, that likes to be competetive, can actually know for sure you won't focus on pvp side of the game at all, so he can give up and move on to another game that gives him as a customer what he likes and needs.

I myself feel i was tricked by you, i bought pof because i thought your plan was to bring balance across all specs, like you did right before pof launch nerfing hot specs to equal core classes, and i knew it would take time so the first 6 months i didn't even complain, hoping for the day true balance would meet gw2 again (or something like that, i know true balance is almost impossible in every mmo)

It took me until chrono "rework" to realize you lost all touch with class balance, and pvp in general, and that you wouln't take back the mistakes made in the past, just push even more the pof meta so you could sell more copies, and as a dedicated pvper now i realize this game is no longer for me because your focus is and always be pve oriented.It's a shame i could see all this in the past with just one single announcement explaining what's your vision now, and where do you want to take this game next.

'Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement'

@knite.1542 said:

@"Ghetx.1752" said:This is one and true Arena Net vision of pvp in this game

Spam aoe = for the win

I am actually surprised they didn't add friendly fire.

I think a friendly fire event would be incredible lol. Probably not an entire week though

Funny idea, but think about the skill lag. The servers can't even handle 3 zergs fighting each other, and that's without calculating friendly fire lol.