Newb question: how to use glider?

Gemma.2057

Gliding mastery unlocks when you finish 'Establishing a Foothold', the third chapter of Act 1 from the Heart of Thorns story line. Then you have to train the first tier of the mastery (Glider Basics) to be able to use it. Then you just have to press the space bar while in the air to deploy your glider. Further training in the mastery will unlock useful features.

I suspect you don't own Heart of Thorns then? If so, that is unfortunate. Gliding was introduced in that expansion and using gliders requires you to own it. I don't know about mean, though. It's shown to you as means to give you incentive to purchase the game. You will most likely want to, anyway, if you enjoy playing it, since the majority of content - at least as far as PVE is concerned - is not available on free accounts.At any rate, have fun playing the game. And if you do enjoy your time in Tyria, check out the store, you can buy both expansions now for the former price of one.

@Gemma.2057 said:I can't use it then. So why does it show it? Seems a bit mean to tease like that lol

Thanks MikeG for reply :)

The UI doesn't make distinctions about what features you do or do not have unlocked, primarily because you can still get associated skins for gliding and mounts from various sources. Teasing you about it is just a bonus.

MikeG you're right I don't have Heart of Thorns or the other expansion. I bought the game when it first came out and had the craft bag too for a while. I haven't played in a long long while though. So wanted to check that I get sucked in this time before spending more money on it, especially as I no long work so funds are tighter.

Thank you all for replying :)