Suggestion: Lock BG in T4 as motivation for servers to win

EremiteAngel.9765

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:How about we try a wild idea,

ANET actually delivers on Alliances like promised almost 2 years ago!

Does anyone actually believe that alliances are a thing? Im 99% convinced that anet just spouted some nonsense to keep players from leaving the game. I am yet to be convinced that even to this day that they've ACTUALLY started working on any sort of population restructuring. I mean surely they'd have some kind of draft on how it's gonna work? Maybe they could ask for feedback? It's far more likely that anet have just lied about working on alliances. 2 Years and nothing solid to show for it? I'm not buying it.

One of the devs already told us back then when it was first brought up that literary, almost everything needed for Alliances to work, already exists in the game with current matching, world linking and mega server ability. They said they just didn't want to release it "without data", meaning they wanted to make sure it was balanced in population etc and needed to study servers etc. However, I think that was just a way to dangle a carrot in front of everyone, as WvW and servers are not new, and they would already have years worth of data points on population and server balance etc etc. and now they have yet another 2 years of data on top of that.

Needless to say, like you, I also think nothing has been done on the mode, as anet even admitted everything was in place and it required little work/changes to the current ability of the game. Yet it takes 2 years, and then after people start getting mad and leaving the game and the forums become super toxic (understandably) any time WvW updates are talked about, and their only response is that they are "working on it" but don't feel ready to even discuss it yet. To me that says, "we have not even touched the idea since it was first brought up, but people are getting mad at us now and we need to say something."

They will not do it because that would kill the only part of WvW making money for ANet - Gems for Transfers.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:How about we try a wild idea,

Does anyone actually believe that alliances are a thing? Im 99% convinced that anet just spouted some nonsense to keep players from leaving the game. I am yet to be convinced that even to this day that they've ACTUALLY started working on any sort of population restructuring. I mean surely they'd have some kind of draft on how it's gonna work? Maybe they could ask for feedback? It's far more likely that anet have just lied about working on alliances. 2 Years and nothing solid to show for it? I'm not buying it.

One of the devs already told us back then when it was first brought up that literary, almost everything needed for Alliances to work, already exists in the game with current matching, world linking and mega server ability. They said they just didn't want to release it "without data", meaning they wanted to make sure it was balanced in population etc and needed to study servers etc. However, I think that was just a way to dangle a carrot in front of everyone, as WvW and servers are not new, and they would already have years worth of data points on population and server balance etc etc. and now they have yet another 2 years of data on top of that.

Needless to say, like you, I also think nothing has been done on the mode, as anet even admitted everything was in place and it required little work/changes to the current ability of the game. Yet it takes 2 years, and then after people start getting mad and leaving the game and the forums become super toxic (understandably) any time WvW updates are talked about, and their only response is that they are "working on it" but don't feel ready to even discuss it yet. To me that says, "we have not even touched the idea since it was first brought up, but people are getting mad at us now and we need to say something."

They will not do it because that would kill the only part of WvW making money for ANet - Gems for Transfers.

Even that's not really the case anymore though. With so many servers emptying the cost of transferring is extremely low. Its more than affordable by simply converting gold.

@Doug.4930 said:

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:How about we try a wild idea,

Even that's not really the case anymore though. With so many servers emptying the cost of transferring is extremely low. Its more than affordable by simply converting gold.

All gems in the game are purchased with real cash. So even if you trade in gold, you're still boosting the gem value and removing them from the game. What surprised me is that there's still people exchanging them for gold.. Though inflation is quite evident from years before.

• 3 weeks later...

@arielwind.8921 said:It's not only a problem of BG, but all of PPT servers. Please let fight each other with fight server(high K/D ratio in NA prime time). And let the ppt servers fight each other for themselves. ArenaNet should focus on more North America prime time server balance. It's worse and boring than PvE to fight with ppt servers.

yeah lol. t3+4 are for ppt'ers, while t1+2 are for servers with the highest kdr. that would be sweet.

Welp we all can agree that Blackgate is dead now after the recent relinks. I'm on Borlis pass linked with Ferguson crossing and it seems we dominate tier 1 ppt wise and kdr both, even against Anvil Rocks blobs that usually had good kdr. Is having 2.00, 3.00, even 4.00 kdr (skirmish wise) frequently. So I guess that'll be the next complaint? Lol..

@TaraAshlynn.9746 said:Welp we all can agree that Blackgate is dead now after the recent relinks. I'm on Borlis pass linked with Ferguson crossing and it seems we dominate tier 1 ppt wise and kdr both, even against Anvil Rocks blobs that usually had good kdr. Is having 2.00, 3.00, even 4.00 kdr (skirmish wise) frequently. So I guess that'll be the next complaint? Lol..

Ever seen the movie zombie land?

Double tap. BG may be down for now, but they've pulled this hibernate to manipulate population crap many many times before. Don't give them a link for AT LEAST another 6 months. Make sure its dead like the rest of the servers before we give the all clear.

Double tap.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:Lots of BG players have alts on borlis pass, it is known. It's funny that theyve spent so much time on bp that it's switched places with the main.

Really? I find that odd as BP stacked a few months back to beat BG 4 skirmishes in a row. So it was BG alts beating BG? If it is true it goes to show nothing Anet does will prevent the mode from being ruined because certain players can't deal with struggling or not dominating at all times and oh no BG is losing now let me swap to my T1 BP alt so I can feel superior again. Those types will always find a way in any system to stack.

Yep gotta kill the disease, not the symptoms

This might get me bannedBye all 0/