Next PvP "Monthly" Tournament 10/19

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi all! The tournament last weekend went well. As such, we're scheduling the next "monthly" tournament for 10/19! Because of the shortened timeline, QP requirements will be reduced to 50 for this tournament.

We still have the same caveats. We still have a lot of work left to shore up the Tournament back end. We have more tools to try to recover from problems that arise, but there's still a chance for something to go wrong that we can't recover from.

• ArenaNet Staff

@birdboy.6509 said:Hey Ben, can we expect the MAT following the one on the 19th to be on this same accelerated two week schedule?

The current plan is every 2 weeks until we catch up. However, I don't want to fully commit to that, in case things get weird again, since we still have a lot of fixes we need to do.

• ArenaNet Staff

@koga.5134 said:I wasnt able to join the last monthly even though i had 130QPs left. could it be that only those QPs which were gained in october were eligable in the brackround?

This is strange and it's the first I've heard of anyone having this problem. There's nothing in the system that would check when you actually earned the QP. Were you sure everyone else in the party had met the QP requirements?

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@birdboy.6509 said:Hey Ben, can we expect the MAT following the one on the 19th to be on this same accelerated two week schedule?

The current plan is every 2 weeks until we catch up. However, I don't want to fully commit to that, in case things get weird again, since we still have a lot of fixes we need to do.

Not totally sure how to phrase my question, since I'm not real techy. Did this past tournament help you identify where a lot of work needed to be done on the infrastructure you're trying to build/update?

• ArenaNet Staff

@"videoboy.4162" said:Not totally sure how to phrase my question, since I'm not real techy. Did this past tournament help you identify where a lot of work needed to be done on the infrastructure you're trying to build/update?

We had made a few minor changes to deal with "missed network messages", which appear to be working on normal and this monthly tourn. Overall this specific tournament ran quite smoothly, so we did not have to use any of the new tools to correct anything.

There is still a known issue in the case of the underlying microservice or hardware dying completely, we can recover about 90% of the information that we need to resume the tournament from the point of failure. This is a change that is still being worked on and tested, to ensure no new bugs or regressions are introduced.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, yesterday mAT went smooth as well. Thx for that.

I'd like to ask, if if the mAT will keep the 2 week cycle? I checked the dates, July, august, september missed, october going to be missed too, if it won't happen next saturday.So far we've played july+august.

So if 2 week cycle is ongoing, It should be 2 weeks till september one (Nov 2), then 2 week till october one (Nov 16), then 2 weeks for november one (Nov 30).Can anyone correct me or state that I'm right, please?