New reset in Wvw and 0 pips

Tymish.7103

I transfered to my home server Gunnars Hold last week and i read You are not yet considered a citizen on this world thus cannot earn pips until you are a citizen.Players are considered citizens once they have been on a world for an entire match.It has been a week and here i am reset happens and i enter wvw and it again says the same thing :angry:

• 1 year later...

This is bs. I'm enough of a citizen to pay anet the expensive transfer fee and enough of a citizen for anet to take my money. But I'm not enough a of a citizen to get pips I earned? What the hell do pips have to do with transferring anyway. Just more illogical anet bs.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Keefe.3821 said:This is bs. I'm enough of a citizen to pay anet the expensive transfer fee and enough of a citizen for anet to take my money. But I'm not enough a of a citizen to get pips I earned? What the hell do pips have to do with transferring anyway. Just more illogical anet bs.

It’s to deter transferring frequently.

I understand the bs reasoning behind their actions. but if they really wanted to defer people from transferring then they wouldn't give us a way to do it. Also, we have to pay cash to transfer. They take my money but punish me for PAYING for a service they are giving.

@Keefe.3821 said:

@Keefe.3821 said:This is bs. I'm enough of a citizen to pay anet the expensive transfer fee and enough of a citizen for anet to take my money. But I'm not enough a of a citizen to get pips I earned? What the hell do pips have to do with transferring anyway. Just more illogical anet bs.

I understand the bs reasoning behind their actions. but if they really wanted to defer people from transferring then they wouldn't give us a way to do it. Also, we have to pay cash to transfer. They take my money but punish me for PAYING for a service they are giving.

Apparently your understanding is incomplete. ANet agrees that people should be able to transfer. The problem is that some people transfer at the first sign of trouble and it undermined their attempts at balancing matchups.

Originally, the game allowed unlimited transfers, then limited to daily, then weekly... none of that turned out to be sufficient to reduce bandwagoning to an unnoticeable amount. Turning off pips for a single week is the most recent mechanic to slow things down and it apparently has. (And many people think the blackout period should last longer still.)

In brief:

• ANet agrees that transferring is important.
  • They also believe (as do many players) that it should be a rarely used tool, hence the restrictions.

@Keefe.3821 said:

Winning WvW for the week used to give rewards but lots of players including whole guilds would just transfer to the favourable server of the week and completely roll the other 2 servers for those few blues and a chest thump.

It's a mechanic that is supposed to rein in transferring problems. It actually kinda worked for a bit, but now ppl less concerned with pips than fun so......

@SkyShroud.2865 said:Base on my anecdotal statistic, bandwagoning has gotten worse over the years.I would say it was a somewhat effective deterrent at the beginning when players needed WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets. We've reached a point now when many players have plenty of excess tickets, so the deterrent is no longer effective. I think it's time for ArenaNet to increase the transfer penalty again. Perhaps two weeks (or more) of no pips, no loot, no karma, and no WXP will do the trick.

@Shining One.1635 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:Base on my anecdotal statistic, bandwagoning has gotten worse over the years.I would say it was a somewhat effective deterrent at the beginning when players needed WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets. We've reached a point now when many players have plenty of excess tickets, so the deterrent is no longer effective. I think it's time for ArenaNet to increase the transfer penalty again. Perhaps two weeks (or more) of no pips, no loot, no karma, and no WXP will do the trick.

That plus if people really do transfer for pips, wouldn't they go for a server that known to be outnumbered for outnumbered pips, why would they move towards a fatter server to get less pips? I mean bandwagoning is basically translated to transferring for win.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Shining One.1635 said:

Just make IT 2 weeks at minimumAnd relinking at max

@Tymish.7103 said:I transfered to my home server Gunnars Hold last week and i read You are not yet considered a citizen on this world thus cannot earn pips until you are a citizen.Players are considered citizens once they have been on a world for an entire match.It has been a week and here i am reset happens and i enter wvw and it again says the same thing :angry:

2 weeks brah =)