Arenanet Politely Request Your Input

Svarty.8019

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@lare.5129 said:

@DeceiverX.8361 said:Remove any combat bonuses warclaw bringsif that will be do - the point buy POF for wvw player is OFF. Also the mount is good motivated thing to do fast ress and use druid revive skill. Should we steal this? No

As was mentioned, People who play WvW bought PoF for elites. Mounts came way later. I know nobody who purchased PoF for mounts in WvW, and otherwise didn't own PoF. Hell, I wouldn't even own PoF if it hadn't been gifted to me because I do not support ANet getting paid for their blatant mistakes, despite being more than happy to pay them for their triumphs (as I have a lot in the past seven years).

Keep the OOC movespeed if so desired. Get rid of the skills and the bonus health. Then it becomes a tool to skip the mundane task of walking back to something with no enemies in sight, which is the original justification to improve OOC movespeed in the first place - because you're doing nothing but running if you're OOC trying to return to a location in WvW, which is neither PvP nor PvE. If you're deliberately skipping PvP, you're skipping part of WvW and a major part of what large-scale PvP and what its subsequent tactics entail in any game.

Then there's no need for a dismount skill. It can just use your personal health pool.

@Vova.2640 said:

Make the game bearable to play when all 3 server meet in 1 place.

But lets be honest... its too late lol.

I used to think that having 150 players on screen casting skills was a network issue, or hardware issue, but I saw a video of twice that amount on screen with another game pvping, and zero lag.

I more inclined to think its an engine/dx9 thing now, and those will never get updated.

If ArenaNet or Hugh are requesting our input why did they/he not make a thread here or on Reddit? Despite the glaring under-use of the forums an ArenaNet tag tacked onto a thread still tend to attract attention.

Apart from that, as others have said, there are 7 years of feedback, all they need to do is read it and sift through its relevance. There have even been several "summarize what you want" threads only this year. On that note, you will occassionally see people (this thread included) who parade around egoistic wishes and pass them off as what the community wants or you will see people who complain about ArenaNet listening to the wrong crowds, however, those people are often revealed to be the "wrong crowd" themselves once you start looking at their arguments and their time as players. If ArenaNet are looking to improve the main gameplay of this mode they should obviously listen to the players who play it as their main mode and they should primarily listen to players who strive to create the main content of the mode over those who are only looking to consume it or who are looking for temporary play-bites.

With that said, if you look at the different subsets of content, scales and player preferences with some simplification you can say that there is party-sized content, guild-sized content (that usually amount to about half a squad) and pickup-sized content that amount to full squads; essentially roamers, closed tags and open tags. Next we can look to divide their primarily requested updates into a workload priority:

Corporate/meta:Players in WvW want more attention overall. They are aware that the game mode requires less attention than themeparked PvE content and they realize that they do make up a smaller part of the overall community, however, there is a difference between less attention and insufficient attention. I think that everyone in this game, barring the most toxic casuals, are in agreement that ArenaNet have treated WvW poorly, so poor that it has become somewhat of a running joke among all the different communities of the playerbase. Like the rest of the game WvW requires more attention, more communication, more transparency and proper roadmaps. Unlike the rest of the game, WvW is the most neglected mode with the largest and oldest problems yet to be adressed.

I think alot of the players who remain and create content also want to know this for more of an assurance of if it is worth to keep playing this game (mode) going forward. I don't think they are prepared to wait another 5 years to only have the old problems fixed. They want a roadmap to the fixes, they want it with a reasonable timeframe and they may want a vision beyond it. EotM worlds are 5 years old, world linking is 3 years old and alliances are 2 years old, yet what they all attempt at remain unfinished and underdeveloped. Are you committed to make an MMO that has all these interconnected modes? Then allocate resources properly and transparently. If WvW is to have a future, give it a proper team, you are still a 250-man company. The community may not be 1/4 of your playerbase but the mode is 1/4 of your modes (open PvE, instanced PvE, open PvP and instanced PvP). Commit and/or communicate, stop drifting from one trend to the next like giddy geese and stop stringing your players along.

Large projects:Population balance is one of those really old problems that were noted almost as fast as people first set foot in the game mode. I had friends leave the game as early as 2013-2014 due to the population balance and the lack of attention to it. There have been numerous suggestions, many of them include using existing tech (outnumbered, overflows etc.) to put WvW more in tune with the rest of the game in terms of map access and world balance adressed on a map level. One of those suggestions is linked in my profile. This is an issue more or less all of the community agrees upon but the larger scale players prioritize it the highest. There is also alot of talk about systemic balance changes on a large scale among most of the players in the mode (eg., overhauling systems to return the mode closer to vanilla balance with less overall volatility and spam). Along with that comes attention to server performance as well. With those things in place the mode is in a better position to discuss performance-based goals and rewards to further motivate content creation.

Medium projects:This includes improving infrastructure outside the maps or around the mode, creating more overlap with sPvP and making sure there is more guild content. Obviously something that is prioritized by the guild-centric players. These projects include things such as a proper lobby for WvW and proper arenas for GvG. There is quite alot that ArenaNet could do here to expand and improve upon the meta-game, with chat channels for recruitment and squads, rewards that could be made visible through decorations (eg., guild housing in the lobby etc.) and proper tools for creating and running tournaments (arenas, rules, casting-support etc.). They have alot of tech for that as well (in GH, in sPvP etc.), it's just a question of implementing it in suitable ways. All of that also points to how alot of the use of the tech is unfinished and underdeveloped.

Small projects:This tends to be better attention to ongoing balance, finding more tolerable differences and smaller shifts in changes. This too is of course important to all players in the mode but it tends to be more spoken about at smaller scales as well - so project size tend to be quite relative preferred scale - and overall most subsets of content tend to benefit from all these changes they just have different preferences in priority. Other things that could go into this include various ways for ArenaNet to better monetize the mode and further develop rewards and itemization.

Ed. I have easily written some variant of this post like 10-20 times over the years now.

@lare.5129 said:have great idea - also add protect sand to warclaw. But i total disagree that wvw is bad

26 guilds leaving the game since March tend to disagree.

As for suggestions, things that need addressed immediately, as in the next month or two, to preserve what players you have left, is fix the population imbalance. One full server... let that sink in.

After that would be to immediately fix your hardware/network/software issue that gives people skill lag when theres 3 enemy squads, 30+ players in each, on the same map. It's been an issue since release and its only gotten worse. It's so bad players have learned to recognize when they have server priority and the ability to cast spells.

After that, bring rewards in line with that of pvp and pve. There are multiple reddit threads detailing how spvp and pve is vastly better gold per hour then wvw.

Content. New maps, new events, meta shakeup, etc....

I didn't put balance anywhere on that list because at this point it's a pipe dream. So just skip it until other things are fixed.

Keep in mind. Until these are fixed, you, anet, bleed players from the game to other games.

I personally have spent thousands on this game and doubt I'll ever return.

@c space cowboy.2764 said:

@lare.5129 said:have great idea - also add protect sand to warclaw. But i total disagree that wvw is bad

As for suggestions, things that need addressed immediately, as in the next month or two, to preserve what players you have left, is fix the population imbalance. One full server... let that sink in.

After that would be to immediately fix your hardware/network/software issue that gives people skill lag when theres 3 enemy squads, 30+ players in each, on the same map. It's been an issue since release and its only gotten worse. It's so bad players have learned to recognize when they have server priority and the ability to cast spells.

After that, bring rewards in line with that of pvp and pve. There are multiple reddit threads detailing how spvp and pve is vastly better gold per hour then wvw.

I didn't put balance anywhere on that list because at this point it's a pipe dream. So just skip it until other things are fixed.

Keep in mind. Until these are fixed, you, anet, bleed players from the game to other games.

Only 26?or you Just talk about the na primetimeguilds?

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

Only 26?or you Just talk about the na primetimeguilds?

NA primetime guilds.

@c space cowboy.2764 said:26 guilds leaving the game since March tend to disagree.Great! I like it too. Because as for me on wvw to much people, sometime I want have more space. Also when I start long time ago I choose server wiht lower population.

As for suggestions, things that need addressed immediately, as in the next month or two, to preserve what players you have left, is fix the population imbalance. One full server... let that sink in.I don't want hold them. Why we should keep them? No way.

After that would be to immediately fix your hardware/network/software issue that gives people skill lag when theres 3 enemy squads, 30+ players in each, on the same map. It's been an issue since release and its only gotten worse. It's so bad players have learned to recognize when they have server priority and the ability to cast spells.I don't have any lag. But also don't run in squad. I like solo or 2-3 people party, and don't feel any technical issues.

After that, bring rewards in line with that of pvp and pve. There are multiple reddit threads detailing how spvp and pve is vastly better gold per hour then wvw.Ofc, and this is good. On pvp reg you should have people to play. whit mostly same skill BUT on wvw enough ANY 2-5 vs 2-5 on all map.

Content. New maps, new events, meta shakeup, etc....meta shakeup? chrno fixed. Want more ??

@lare.5129 said:

@c space cowboy.2764 said:26 guilds leaving the game since March tend to disagree.Great! I like it too. Because as for me on wvw to much people, sometime I want have more space. Also when I start long time ago I choose server wiht lower population.

As for suggestions, things that need addressed immediately, as in the next month or two, to preserve what players you have left, is fix the population imbalance. One full server... let that sink in.I don't want hold them. Why we should keep them? No way.

After that would be to immediately fix your hardware/network/software issue that gives people skill lag when theres 3 enemy squads, 30+ players in each, on the same map. It's been an issue since release and its only gotten worse. It's so bad players have learned to recognize when they have server priority and the ability to cast spells.I don't have any lag. But also don't run in squad. I like solo or 2-3 people party, and don't feel any technical issues.

After that, bring rewards in line with that of pvp and pve. There are multiple reddit threads detailing how spvp and pve is vastly better gold per hour then wvw.Ofc, and this is good. On pvp reg you should have people to play. whit mostly same skill BUT on wvw enough ANY 2-5 vs 2-5 on all map.

Content. New maps, new events, meta shakeup, etc....meta shakeup? chrno fixed. Want more ??

Sounds like to me you're a spvp and not a wvw type of player, not sure why you're on here commenting on population and big groups fights when you prefer empty maps fighting 1 person every 10 mins, your play style is already being catered to, just hop on the borderlands and fight those type of fights all day every day.

You might not care about population of servers, but eventually even you will find it harder to find fights, that may not bother you, so again why even be in the population discussions, but the rest of us would like wvw to remain healthy for as long as possible because different players enjoy different levels of game play.

As for technical issues, just because you fight in empty maps and look for solo fights, doesn't mean there isn't any technical issues, doesn't mean there isn't lag which multitudes of players experience in big fights, again, you don't play in zergs, why are you giving your opinion here like nothing needs to be looked at or fixed if it doesn't affect you.

Chrono fixed, good joke.

@XenesisII.1540 said:not sure why you're on here commenting on population and big groups fights when you prefer empty maps fighting 1 person every 10 minsI comment how we keep wvw is perfect.

As for technical issues, just because you fight in empty maps and look for solo fights, doesn't mean there isn't any technical issues, doesn't mean there isn't lag which multitudes of players experience in big fights, again, you don't play in zergs, why are you giving your opinion here like nothing needs to be looked at or fixed if it doesn't affect you.Because changes can affect all us, and I don't wan't changes

@lare.5129 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:not sure why you're on here commenting on population and big groups fights when you prefer empty maps fighting 1 person every 10 minsI comment how we keep wvw is perfect.

And other people who enjoy the game differently than you on a different level, have been more impacted by the population changes and so come in here to discuss it, but I guess that doesn't matter because you think wvw is perfect being dead so their opinion doesn't matter right. Why are you in here discussing population changes if the game is already perfect to you?

As for technical issues, just because you fight in empty maps and look for solo fights, doesn't mean there isn't any technical issues, doesn't mean there isn't lag which multitudes of players experience in big fights, again, you don't play in zergs, why are you giving your opinion here like nothing needs to be looked at or fixed if it doesn't affect you.Because changes can affect all us, and I don't wan't changes

How would making the game run better and lag less, in which you've admitted works just fine for you so again why are you even in here discussing it, affect you in a negative way?

Underwater GvG arena.

Random Scoring!Since they don't really matter anyways. Like sometimes capping a camp would give 147 points and killing a player 36 points. Or for no apparent reason, a color would just get 315 points after a tick. Would make for a wacky match-up every week with the unpredictability of scores. No more trying to tank to go down a tier. Could be hard to implement though.

Random Captures!So sometimes, when you capture an objective, it won't necessarily be yours. It could be capped for the other teams. RI would still take effect though.

Unpredictable Dolyaks!Dolyaks would sometimes just not move because they're irate, or would go give supplies to the enemy objectives because they're dumb dolyaks.

Promoted Guards!It's been seven years, Anet. Promote the guards. They've been Veterans for 7 years! I propose promoting the scouts to Elite and just spam AOE 50 target blinds and the Champions to Legendary status.

Call the update "WvW Haywire - Mists Kerfuffle"

@XenesisII.1540 said:And other people who enjoy the game differently than you on a different level, have been more impacted by the population changes and so come in here to discuss it, but I guess that doesn't matter because you think wvw is perfect being dead so their opinion doesn't matter right. Why are you in here discussing population changes if the game is already perfect to you?Because I am care about current wvw.

How would making the game run better and lag less, in which you've admitted works just fine for you so again why are you even in here discussing it, affect you in a negative way?Better? - NO. I want don't break all good that we have now.

@"Svarty.8019" said:Hugh Norfolk from Arenanet was requesting player opinions on the Thursday Livestream, so I am posting here in the hope that this thread becomes a focus point for said input.

Check out the Livestream here.https://www.twitch.tv/videos/492728263

Specifically, he asks, "What do WvW players want?"

It's probably rhetorical and meant to make people feel 'included' or that they 'matter' so that they'll keep playing. Don't read too much into it, or expect much out of it and you won't be disappointed.

I want actual rewards for being in WvW....as it stands the reward track takes ~8 hours to fill up for mostly garbage. Do we get stuff from killing other players sure, is it enough to balance out the reward track at 8 hours? (No).

This prolly will never happen, but balance....balance...and more balance. As it stands you can fire as many arrows carts into a zerg as you want....and all you'll see is either yellow damage numbers (barrier), or "blocked", or your 2k+ arrow will instantly get healed through. WvW has just been a roller coaster of poor balance and optimization. Too much damage, so flood with sustain, now add more boon corrupt to balance that, but lets add a boon to balance condi damage, but now add more spike damage to balance that just so we can introduce the firebrand, healing engi, and scourge comps to balance all that. WvW is a hot mess. Seige actually meant something in Warhammer Online, actually means something in ESO...but in GW2 its just a wet noodle.

Thinks finisher benefits small group against bigger group (green losing their ebg keep during this time managing single defenders). 53mins

Yikes. I really question his judgement if he thinks this. By definition, someone mount finishing has to be out of combat. So how is a smaller group, who already cannot spare extra players to wait off to the side, supposed to benefit from mount finishes? The reality is, the bigger group can afford to have 10+ people out of combat and mount finish as the rest of the zerg just holds W. It's actually mind-boggling how they can't see this.

@lare.5129 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:not sure why you're on here commenting on population and big groups fights when you prefer empty maps fighting 1 person every 10 minsI comment how we keep wvw is perfect.

Personally you sound like a selfish and entitled person who doesn't want everyone to enjoy the mode we love. All of the listed issues in this thread are part of many, many issues and WvW is far from perfect. Objectives mean nothing, blob fights happen because no one wants to defend or do much more than battle royal because its the most lucrative thing to do. The rewards are kinda meh compared to other game modes, and more importantly the meta SUCKS right now and is un-fun to play with. (We all have to deal with it regardless of preference.)

with no new E-specs on the horizon and no new anything coming, WvW will continue to dwindle. It might be fine for someone like you who doesn't understand or even seem to like "RvR" but this is a big deal for all of us who do. If you like small scale fights and only those thats fine, as do I as Im not a big zergling but all these issues directly effect me and the more people playing the mode means the more targets for us? Or do you want an empty "PvE only" version of WvW because if it keeps up that is exactly where we are heading. I want more objectives and new maps, I want more reasons to go out outside of rewards and I want a meta shake-up. I want the classes who over-preform to get clapped and for all of us to be on at least some semblance of a playing field.

WvW is RvR and as an RvR mode this is trash at the moment, Even warhammer online at the end of its life-time was more balanced and had more nuance and fun than this does right now and at that point it was a cluster F. But clearly you don't care, and your opinion is factually wrong despite how unwilling you are to see that.

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:with no new E-specs on the horizon and no new anything coming, WvW will continue to dwindle.no one, except hypers is interested in E-specs. Any banalnce can change more that one more trait row whit nonworking or useless traits. So wvw in this scope too.Also more people from guid "ou, then will be eternal give pips too? my be currrent maps will be not so loaded and red numbers on waiting will be off"So if eots is not give pips = continue to dwindle is GREAT.

It might be fine for someone like you who doesn't understand or even seem to like "RvR" but this is a big deal for all of us who do. If you like small scale fights and only those thats fine, as do I as Im not a big zergling but all these issues directly effect me and the more people playing the mode means the more targets for us?no no. Better make group wiht 5, take camp, and kill 2 players, whan meet 10 opposite unknown members. ))

I want more objectives and new maps, I want more reasons to go out outside of rewards and I want a meta shake-up.is someone need new map - he can go to living story or etc.But wvw is most pvp content, so we need have constant npc to take camp and some people. Any decoration is only useless feature and lag input. So you need lag or not ?

WvW is RvR and as an RvR mode this is trash at the moment, Even warhammer online at the end of its life-time was more balanced and had more nuance and fun than this does right now and at that point it was a cluster F. But clearly you don't care, and your opinion is factually wrong despite how unwilling you are to see that.sorry, I can't compare whit other game, last 5 year I don't try any additional game. I am guildwars2 player.

@lare.5129 said:

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:with no new E-specs on the horizon and no new anything coming, WvW will continue to dwindle.no one, except hypers is interested in E-specs. Any banalnce can change more that one more trait row whit nonworking or useless traits. So wvw in this scope too.Also more people from guid "ou, then will be eternal give pips too? my be currrent maps will be not so loaded and red numbers on waiting will be off"So if eots is not give pips = continue to dwindle is GREAT.

It might be fine for someone like you who doesn't understand or even seem to like "RvR" but this is a big deal for all of us who do. If you like small scale fights and only those thats fine, as do I as Im not a big zergling but all these issues directly effect me and the more people playing the mode means the more targets for us?no no. Better make group wiht 5, take camp, and kill 2 players, whan meet 10 opposite unknown members. ))

I want more objectives and new maps, I want more reasons to go out outside of rewards and I want a meta shake-up.is someone need new map - he can go to living story or etc.But wvw is most pvp content, so we need have constant npc to take camp and some people. Any decoration is only useless feature and lag input. So you need lag or not ?

WvW is RvR and as an RvR mode this is trash at the moment, Even warhammer online at the end of its life-time was more balanced and had more nuance and fun than this does right now and at that point it was a cluster F. But clearly you don't care, and your opinion is factually wrong despite how unwilling you are to see that.sorry, I can't compare whit other game, last 5 year I don't try any additional game. I am guildwars2 player.

No you're a troll who doesn't understand how the game will stumble and continue to dwindle to no one in this game mode. You clearly don't understand and thats fine but I feel you should keep your uneducated opinion to yourself. There are plenty of shills and W.Knights here , we don't need more and the fact that SO MANY people disagree with you only proves that you're one of the vocal minority who created this problem in the first place.

Clearly you will never understand you and I am unable to discern any intelligent argument from your end. Let's agree to disagree~ I've been playing archeage unchained and the PvP there is so much fun than the PvP here. Even when you're outnumbered its fun to fight and it feels good when you kill someone, here not so much because unless you're playing something with less cheese there is little skill involved anymore.