ascended vs exotic

@"Operator.2590" said:It’s all on the Wiki, just look up whatever Ascended armor you want and there is usually a chart that shows the stat differences.

Edit: Sorry, this wasn’t correct, but I knew I saw it on the Wiki—found it for you!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attribute_combinations#Attribute_bonuses_at_level_80

You're remembering it correctly. Until recently searching for any stat combination name took you to that page (and I think jumped you down the page to where that one appeared), but recently the Wiki krewe have started adding pages for each combination listing exactly where you can get it. (Which is massively helpful but must be a huge piece of work.)

I can never remember what that page is called even though I use it all the time so I'd find it by typing in either 'prefix' (which redirects there) or whatever stat combination I'm looking for.

In practice you can use "10%ish better".

If we are talking 1v1 then it rarely is the deciding factor - fights arent normally that close. Plus many will at least have trinkets (easy to get) and weapons (since many builds use 2-3, its not that costly).

If we are talking pve, well its just dps.

Hi, Ayrilana is right. Go for trinkets first and for weapon. Ascended armor doesn't give so much stat but there is an infusion slot. Ascended weapon over exotic is a 10% increased dps and it's for me the most important. The perfect order would be weapons > trinkets > armor. Don't forget that if you know how to play it's 90% of the job. Everyone have seen full ascended stuffed people struggling reach 10k dps because they don't know what to do. You can achieve 20k+ dps in exotic

Depends on what you want to do. You can WvW in exotics just fine. You won't be losing fights because you don't have ascended gear.

You can also use exotics on raids (but preferably at least have ascended weapons and trinkets).

You need ascended for fractals, because agony resist infusions are required.

As to differences...a slight increase in stats, and they're account bound.

@Taygus.4571 said:[...] You need ascended for fractals, because agony resist infusions are required.

All good points, I'd just like to expand a bit on this.Note: As a simple overview, Taygus' description is excellent. Only bother with this if you're thinking about Fractals and the need for Ascended there.

Agony Resistance needed in fractals increases as you go up in fractal difficulty. For the first ~20 levels you don't need any AR at all.

The Agony Resistance Infusions go into Infusion Slots on Ascended equipment. In total you can have 18 infusion slots, only 6 of which will be from your armor. (2 from weapons, rest is from trinkets)

This means that you can actually play a fair bit of Fractals before needing full Ascended.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:This means that you can actually play a fair bit of Fractals before needing full Ascended.

Also good points, to expand even further on this:

You are fine until the end of tier 3 fractals without asceneded armor. Trinkets and weapons provide enough agony resistance to clear up to tier 4 content.

Fractal tier 4 will require ascended armor from new players to meet the required agony resistance requirements. It's also the only place in game which requires ascended armor.

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:The Agony Resistance Infusions go into Infusion Slots on Ascended equipment. In total you can have 18 infusion slots, only 6 of which will be from your armor. (2 from weapons, rest is from trinkets)

It is actually more like a total of 19/19.5 slots because https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Anguished_Tear_of_Alba provides 10/15 AR.There is also the account wide AR but that is for much later when you are pretty much swimming in relics(and gold)

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I forgot the individual breakdowns but the overall DPS increase is about 12%. Ascended armor gives you only 2%. If going for ascended, do the trinkets first since those are easy to get and especially so if you have access to LS3 maps such as Bitterfrost. After that, go for the weapons.

whats special about the Bitterfrost trinkets? Just curious

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I forgot the individual breakdowns but the overall DPS increase is about 12%. Ascended armor gives you only 2%. If going for ascended, do the trinkets first since those are easy to get and especially so if you have access to LS3 maps such as Bitterfrost. After that, go for the weapons.

whats special about the Bitterfrost trinkets? Just curious

Easiest to farm