need for a list of banned aps

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@"Sovereign.1093" said:because of recent ban of arcdps altered for templates, let there be a list of what is not allowed and allowed.

^ this kind of says enoughif in truth the bans are confirmed (assuming anet gives an offical post) people who tried to alter templates then those people should be banned (for at least some time)This is likely one reason why anet did not simply copy arc's work because you have people who break into stuff and get around the rules then give the surprised pickachu face when they get punished for breaking said rules.

Why on earth anyone thought it would be a good idea to try and modify disabled arc templates as a ez work around would be ok is beyond reasonable.

Dont drive without a license
Ok ill just travel its not the same as driving
Gets pulled over and punished for driving
Officer no I'm traveling not drivingNo you cant punish me...
attempts to drive off from the officer
Gets snatched out of car
surprised pickachu face

Like i dont want to be mean but as they say where i live stupidity should hurt.

The anet response was already linked above. It was NOT for arcdps, it was someone selling PvP boosting services to people and was using a cheating program to win matches to boost them. That person gets banned, and the accounts that user had logged into, as such, the people who paid for the service never used the cheating software.... but they get banned and start posting "but I only ever used arcdps, so thats why i was banned". When that had nothing to do with the ban, they paid for in game services with real money (against the ToS), they account shared to the hacker, the hacker then used the cheating programs to win (also all against the ToS) and boost their PvP rank. More or less this is people title hunting who don't want to spend the time to get good at PvP, so they pay someone. This isn't anything new to GW2 or games at all, it's actually a very commonly sold service.

I see in any case the dev also talks about arc dps and any other 3rd party tools below that. I think its clear to say that the gray area is pretty crystal clear.At your own risk means you can be subject to ban at any time and thus no one at anet will never officially say directly to any player that its approved and "ok'ed" to use as something could change at any time that warrants banning.

But its good to know this instance was over pvp cheaters we can always use less of those.

Yes, as that software is outside of their control. They are not, as it stands right now, going to ban for arcdps, however, if a feature is added that breaks ToS, you can be. That is for each user to figure out, and is why it's "at your own risk".

Sadly i dont think alot of people understand this as clear as they should. Considering several people out right admitted that there is a modified version of the killed arc template that actually still works some people should be more careful if they value their accounts. Overall i would never risk my seven years of playing to do something silly like that lol.

It aint worth it to save a few clicks. But thanks for the helpful pointers on the links above.

@Sovereign.1093 said:because of recent ban of arcdps altered for templates, let there be a list of what is not allowed and allowed.

There was no ban for ArcDPS.That was people's own assumption of the situation. The guy and his association accounts got banned for something else entirely.People shout, and people echo, without caring about whether anything is true or not

The only addons I think are lowkey allowed now, are the mount wheel and the dx12 hook (or whatever that thing is called) since they don't impact the way in any way you play. And TacO is just a visual overlay

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:because of recent ban of arcdps altered for templates, let there be a list of what is not allowed and allowed.You’re making a claim based on nothing. The only loosely approved mod is ArcDPS.

what nothing? ppl got banned. thats why a list is needed.

No.. what is needed is for players to not keep jumping to conclusions and blaming ANET every time players cry foul of being banned.. ARC had nothing to do with this, which many of us had already posted out, it is just culprits trying to smokescreen what they had actually been doing and thankfully ANET have once again put the issue out there front and centre.. PvP cheats yet again.You were just to eager to believe the noise being made by those caught in the net for quite clearly cheating in PvP.As for 3rd party apps.. well play at your own risk should be warning enough imo.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@AgentMoore.9453 said:Allowed: Anything you get when you download Guild Wars 2Risky: Anything else.

I doubt a list is going to be released, so until there's some kind of communication from the company, I'd advise not using anything 3rd party.

wow has 3rd party aps. when we used to raid their we all has ap xyz so we knew when to cast skill 123, even maps etc. quests orgabixers.

discord team speak is 3rd party ap. clearly a simply guideline can be done.

This isnt WoW.

A simple guideline HAS been done. You quoted it.