After some advice

@"Fyrestorm Rayevnsky.5497" said:I like aoe condi type specs but with support as well.Any recommendations?I'm looking at playing all content and. Modes.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scourge_-_Scepter/Torch_Epidemic :+1: for open world PvE.

Can be modified for other game modes:https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scourge_-_Utility_Condi_DPS (Raid build, contains redirection link for Fractals build)

Depends on what game mode you want to operate in. Open world doesn't value conditions highly due to the ramp up time, the high upkeep effort, and condi damage itself being janky when it comes to tagging for drop credit. Most condi builds have to run super glass to lower their opening TTKs, and even then its still not fast enough to avoid return attacks. If you're not running a build that can kite, its a rough time.

However, condition builds shine most against high HP targets, where the damage ramp off can actually pay off. Thats why you see pure condition builds more often in Fractals and Raids, since most of what they fight takes more then 10 seconds.

Hybrid builds have something of an inversion to the other 2. They work really good on the low end, and most classes with good support for hybrids tend to gear skills toward multi-target or AOE. However, they plateau quickly, making fights against champs much, much longer, and significantly more dangerous. Because of this, PvE hybrids tend to model after PvP/Roaming builds to bake in more self-sustain. But this low damage output potential locks you out of raids, and are a pain in fractals because TTK is the strongest defense there.

Supports are also undervalued in open world. At the moment, only Ele and Guardian can dip into it effectively without having to devote a huge chunk of their build and stat block toward it. In Raids and Fractals, most support builds have to spec mostly or entirely into it, unless its counter balanced by someone's build. Support/Damage hybrids are possible in other classes, but they have lower overall effectiveness, and will have to give something major up (like self-sustain) to be adequately effective in the areas it wants to be.

You're far better off investing into multiple build types to be effective in each mode, even if those are off-meta builds. The game modes are simply too divergent in what they value, and every class now requiring too much focus into single areas, to make something that effectively spans all of them. Except for thief... because all their builds are damage builds, and their power builds work pretty much anywhere.

Just about any class can run a condi-build. Engineers with flamethrowers/bombs/grenades are pretty good at it. Necromancers obviously with chill and poison. Thieves can run poison. Elementalists can max out on burn potential (Guardians can do burning well too). Drop in on MetaBattle and see if you can find some builds running "Vipers" armor advertised as condition builds that tickle your fancy.

@Fyrestorm Rayevnsky.5497 said:Returning to tyria after a break and starting fresh.I'm looking for class advice.I like aoe condi type specs but with support as well.Any recommendations?I'm not too keen on guardian though so would prefer some advi e on other classes that can fulfil these roles.I'm looking at playing all content and. Modes.Ty

I would say Revenant, a bit, but not sure you will like the way it does conditions. But give it a try. Its not traditionally as openly free with the Condition gameplay as other Condition builds on classes. That can be a good or bad thing depending on how important that is to you. The lack of Customization is the leading cause of this. But give it a try. Can easily flip between Conditions and Support.