Armory

Bogoris.4035

Not as official website, but there is an often used build editor here: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/

Recreate your build there, make a thread in either the looking for help or your class forum and ask other players for help/ideas in optimizing your build.

As alternative you can also check on https://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki in the appropriate section for content/class which builds are up (often with descriptions). Maybe give open world builds a try first if asking about general pve things.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Not as official website, but there is an often used build editor here: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/

Recreate your build there, make a thread in either the looking for help or your class forum and ask other players for help/ideas in optimizing your build.

As alternative you can also check on https://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki in the appropriate section for content/class which builds are up (often with descriptions). Maybe give open world builds a try first if asking about general pve things.

While this is helpful I find it quite strange that the developers won't add this feature to the game's own website but rather allow a third party website to do that!

@Bogoris.4035 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Not as official website, but there is an often used build editor here:

As alternative you can also check on
in the appropriate section for content/class which builds are up (often with descriptions). Maybe give open world builds a try first if asking about general pve things.

While this is helpful I find it quite strange that the developers won't add this feature to the game's own website but rather allow a third party website to do that!

They have generally taken the stance of not doing very much out-of-game themselves, but instead making sure fans can create their own tools using the available API. (The prime example is probably gw2efficiency.com )

I am not familiar with any site that can import character builds from the API, mostly because I've never cared enough about min-maxing, but the linked sites seems to be popular.

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:They have generally taken the stance of not doing very much out-of-game themselves, but instead making sure fans can create their own tools using the available API. (The prime example is probably gw2efficiency.com )

I am not familiar with any site that can import character builds from the API, mostly because I've never cared enough about min-maxing, but the linked sites seems to be popular.

Being able to compare someone's build with your own is not "out-of-game", it's quite within the game.

@Bogoris.4035 said:

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:They have generally taken the stance of not doing very much out-of-game themselves, but instead making sure fans can create their own tools using the available API. (The prime example is probably gw2efficiency.com )

Being able to compare someone's build with your own is not "out-of-game", it's quite within the game.

It will be added with the build templates in aprox 9 days.

@Bogoris.4035 said:

What I mean by "out-of-game" is anything outside of the game client. A web page to show your gear/traits/stats is by definition outside of the game client.

What game data does ANet present themselves outside the game? Is there anything other than the WvW and AP Leaderboards?

@Bogoris.4035 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Not as official website, but there is an often used build editor here:

in the appropriate section for content/class which builds are up (often with descriptions). Maybe give open world builds a try first if asking about general pve things.

One thing you'll learn quickly is that game communities will typically do a better job then Publisher/Developer when it comes to external tools. The community will make what it needs..... an officially web site will only make what its willing to pay for, and fits its agenda. Plus theres been an ever growing trend in letting the community manage resources itself, since it costs the company nothing. If anything, I'm more paranoid when a company does provide something, because theres always a catch now. Like how BF3 had Battlestats.com be its launcher, not because it was better... but because EA wanted to insert itself like Facebook.

Same thing here. Anything they're not trying to make money on, they just let community do for them. But then they started making official build templets, after 8 years of people asking for it, because ArcDPS paved the way for them, and now they can capitalize on people's dependence on it. I'm hard pressed to find another big title game right now where this isn't the case in some form or another.

@Bogoris.4035 said:

thats because developers dont want this to become an abusive tool in the community that can be used to gate people from doing content with others. Before people used Achievements to do this same gating. its leads to hostility honestly.